23 Year Old Russian Girl Missing from Koh Tao

snoop1130

23 Year Old Russian Girl Missing from Koh Tao

Girl_missing_koh_tao.jpg

A 23 year old Russian girl has gone missing from Koh Tao. Valentina Novozhyonova was staying at the Koh Tao Hostel. It is believed she was planning to leave Koh Tao and go to Koh Samui, she has not been seen or heard from since February 15th. Reports on a Facebook appeal say that the local police found her belongings in her room, they have now taken her phone and passport.

Valentina Novozhyonova is 170cm tall, has light brown hair and tattoo in the shape of the letter V on her wrist. If you have any information as to her whereabouts please contact the Samui Times at [email protected] or the local police.

Source: http://www.samuitimes.com/23-year-old-russian-girl-missing-koh-tao/

samuitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Samui Times 2017-3-3

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

It's a little late.

She's been missing since 15 Feb - 16 days is a long time to wait before making this public.

of course it is they need time to cover there tracks before make everything public .. 

Oh no! Hoping for a good outcome to this story. 

Curious to know why if she has been missing for over two weeks it is just hitting the news now (i.e. no "official" announcement from the "authorities"). The story breaking because of FB appeals likely from extremely worried friends and loved ones. 

Edited by docshock13
Syntax

There is not enough being done to warn tourist how dangerous that Island is .

How many suspicious deaths that we know of ? I would take a guess and triple that number.

The blog one of the posters put  on here a few years ago about the dangers gains more credibility everyday.

killers seem to have immunity there.

Belongings, phone and passport found in her room by police and missing for two weeks, this is not looking good. The family and friends must be worried sick. Why was this not reported earlier!! 

She has an uncanny likeness to Christiana Annesley who was found dead a couple of years ago in Mons resort in Koh Tao. Hoping for the best on this but fear the worst. 

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Belongings, phone and passport found in her room by police and missing for two weeks, this is not looking good. The family and friends must be worried sick. Why was this not reported earlier!! 

She has an uncanny likeness to Christiana Annesley who was found dead a couple of years ago in Mons resort in Koh Tao. Hoping for the best on this but fear the worst. 

No signs of physical injury were found on Christiana Annesley's body.

Rather she had been taking tramadol, valium and drinking heavily prior to her death.

4 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

this infamous island is in the news so  often with fatalities

I wonder when will their flock of victims (the tourists) ever learn to avoid this cesspit

People get out of it, too out of it. Overdoses , accidents, yolo lads and lasses.

3 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

When they find her, I hope they cross reference any DNA with the B2 boys and that whole case.

Assuming of course, they have any left.

Why would they want to cross reference it with the B2 boys, who have been incarcerated for over a year?  Try matching it with the son of the head man, then you might find something.  Unfortunately, chances are her body will never be found. 

7 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Why would they want to cross reference it with the B2 boys, who have been incarcerated for over a year?  Try matching it with the son of the head man, then you might find something.  Unfortunately, chances are her body will never be found. 

Whole case meant everyone in the whole case ever suspected.

Son of headman, brothers, cousins, nephews, friends of nephews.

It was a sarcastic comment. Hence the "If they have any left." comment.

Sorry. Should have made it clearer.

too soon to know what happened.

lets hope for the best, but two weeks is a long time.

one of two groups she was part of on facebook:

"This is a group of bipolar affective disorder (BAR, TIR, manic-depressive psychosis) for all those affected by this problem. And this is - Page bipolar.su our site, today the only Russian-speaking of BAR. Here you can find useful information about BAR, communicate with peers in mind, to share experiences of living with the disease and to participate in educational activities"

she only has 17 friends on face book. not many for a 23 yo.

was she traveling alone? staying at a hostel. no witnesses? did she speak to anyone?

how did she leave the hostel? where did she go? if she was diving, maybe she would leave her phone in the room. maybe not. do hostels have safes?

remember that man who went missing just as the ferry was leaving for the islands last year?

they found him dead in a field weeks later.

Edited by NCC1701A

and posted by a friend of hers. via google translate:

"February 15, 2017 planned to move from the island of Koh Tao to Koh Samui and then do not get in touch. Height 170 cm, thin physique. Hair dark brown just below her shoulders, wearing black-rimmed glasses, can walk with a green tourist backpack. There is a tattoo on his left wrist in the form of the letter "V" (picture on picture). Can move hitchhiking and living in a tent, engaged in freediving (diving without scuba gear).

if you've seen it - please let us know! https://vk.com/victoriazubkova https://vk.com/id8574487"

https://vk.com/skazochnicca

Edited by NCC1701A

I am her ex-boyfriend. Yes, BAR was one of her problems, but she still was mentally o.k. young girl without reason to perform suicide, especially at the moment when she went missing. And yes, she was freediver. I'm really trying to hope that she is still alive, but the possibility of silent drowning or she being murdered by some crazy local rapist makes me almost insane. Police currently has found all her personal belongings at her hostel room, including her mobile phone.

P. S. She barely used Facebook account, most of Russia inhabitants use VK.com. Her page: https://vk.com/skazochnicca

I don't know how to act, but I nearly destroyed by this events. 

11 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

It's like they have seen the news about the 2 lads getting the death sentence and thought yes we can get away with anything we like, lets go do it again.

i was thinking exactly the same thing.  could be they feel like they have laid low for long enough..  let's hope that is not the case.  

5 hours ago, Curwen said:

I am her ex-boyfriend. Yes, BAR was one of her problems, but she still was mentally o.k. young girl without reason to perform suicide, especially at the moment when she went missing. And yes, she was freediver. I'm really trying to hope that she is still alive, but the possibility of silent drowning or she being murdered by some crazy local rapist makes me almost insane. Police currently has found all her personal belongings at her hostel room, including her mobile phone.

P. S. She barely used Facebook account, most of Russia inhabitants use VK.com. Her page: https://vk.com/skazochnicca

I don't know how to act, but I nearly destroyed by this events. 

Hopefully it works out for the best mate, thoughts are with you.

12 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Oh no! Hoping for a good outcome to this story. 

Curious to know why if she has been missing for over two weeks it is just hitting the news now (i.e. no "official" announcement from the "authorities"). The story breaking because of FB appeals likely from extremely worried friends and loved ones. 

yeah she was staying in a room an nobody noticed she wasn't