What type of school did you go to?

seancbk

Private School or State School?   

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went to top public school in the UK. Conditions were worse than a prison and I hated everything about it. I learned absolutely nothing. I dropped out at 17 and travelled around the continent where my education began. I learned to speak another four languages fluently, two of which landed me very good jobs. I consider my public school education. A complete waste of money and time.

Can you share with us which top public school you attended?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to top public school in the UK. Conditions were worse than a prison and I hated everything about it. I learned absolutely nothing. I dropped out at 17 and travelled around the continent where my education began. I learned to speak another four languages fluently, two of which landed me very good jobs. I consider my public school education. A complete waste of money and time.

20 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

I can't believe you were a pensioner when you went to school.

Have you always been old?

SC

Aren't they called adult learners?

I went to the same school as the famous shirt lifter Stephen Fry. Apart from shirts, he lifted our lovely matron's purse whilst we were watching football on her TV, the cad.

Aren't they called adult learners?
I went to the same school as the famous shirt lifter Stephen Fry. Apart from shirts, he lifted our lovely matron's purse whilst we were watching football on her TV, the cad.

I remember reading his autobiography, didn't he have a big addiction to sweets and got expelled for stealing from the " tuck shop " ?

"Tuck shop" just reminded me of reading Bily Bunter as a kid !!

Wonder what the modern day equivalent of the " tuck shop" is ?

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

School in working class Central belt Scotland. Fights every single day, the belt every second day... can't remember what happened on the thirds as I was busy dodging the kids jumping out of classroom windows.

Puff