Thai baht set to weaken

webfact

1 minute ago, tazly said:

Good lord!  If what you say is true, stock prices would never move as for every stock bought, one is sold.....I suggest you google supply-demand curve, do some reading and come back.

Well that is not what I said, I also mentioned a profit motive.

I run my own Australian Superannuation Fund. It is doing very well thank you. \

I buy stock at a low and sell at a premium. It provides for my life here in Thailand.

I have found that greed is the motivator that gives me constant small rewards. Not some "intellectual" that pretends he has all the answers.

I don't have any answers either, other forces of huge funds control currency and stock markets and manipulations.

I hang onto the skirt tails and let greedy people hoping for the big bucks let me make very small profits consistently overall. QED 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

I buy stock at a low and sell at a premium. It provides for my life here in Thailand.

I have found that greed is the motivator that gives me constant small rewards. Not some "intellectual" that pretends he has all the answers.

I don't have any answers either, other forces of huge funds control currency and stock markets and manipulations.

I hang onto the skirt tails and let greedy people hoping for the big bucks let me make very small profits consistently overall. QED 

Think I will go with simoh1490  on this one.....but thanks anyway genius!

The convenience factor and price of the Elite Visa is becoming more and more likable as the USD to Baht goes up.  at 35 baht/1 USD, 500,000/35 = $14,285 or 2,857/year.  And if one actually gets that 6th year it is even better.    It would be great if it went to 42 or so baht/USD like when I first went in 2004.  Yes I know, still considerably more than other long term visa and extension options and the relative price to those other options doesn't change. 

Has anybody gotten the recent 10 year for 800k?  At the current exchange rates that really is becoming attractive.  ~2200 USD per year to have few paper hassles and no need for reentry permits

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I'm not an expert but I think that is exactly how it works.

If you want to buy a stock, someone has to sell one, otherwise you will not be able to buy.

Sorry Aleck.

Stock is finite, money is not, if you want to understand money supply look at the M0 and M4 figures. 

For the other stuff, an example: if somebody wants to buy a product that is denominated in THB they must first buy THB. And if they use their own currency to buy that THB, let's say they use USD, that trade gives BOT a USD equivalent amount to store away, aka foreign currency reserves. BUT the second that transaction is performed THB strengthens because demand for THB is seen, hence BOT is now holding a USD equivalent from that trade that is greater in value than the amount of THB that was purchased thus a profit was made by BOT.

Edited by simoh1490

20 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

Buy low...sell high yadayada we all know the mantra.

The fact is stock trading is a zero sum game....for every winner there is a loser.

I have never met anyone who admits to losing money on the markets, but assuming the 50% of winners includes highly qualified fund managers, company insiders and a few lucky people, I would be real surprised if you are beating the market.  Maybe you could post your returns over the last 10 years on an annual basis compared to the average index return and inflation so we can all assess whether you are truly successful or just blowing smoke!

• 1 month later...

For all you soothsayers predicting the Thai baht to weaken (last of posts before mine in May ) here it is June 15th 2017 and the Baht is 33.91 to the USD so it has gained against the USD. In may it was 35 + to the USD

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

For all you soothsayers predicting the Thai baht to weaken (last of posts before mine in May ) here it is June 15th 2017 and the Baht is 33.91 to the USD so it has gained against the USD. In may it was 35 + to the USD

Has to do with speculation. Many investors are cashing in on their profits around this time. 

21 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

Has to do with speculation. Many investors are cashing in on their profits around this time. 

It has to do with market perception that Trump is destabilising the US. 

Markets are factoring a possible Pence presidency or else the US dollar would have crashed.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

well its july 21st now and its getting stronger all the time against the pound .

What currency isn't stronger against the pound? Plenty more to fall too I would think.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:20 AM, jaltsc said:

“The Thai baht today is traded at Bt35.13 per US dollar, gaining nearly 2 per cent since the beginning of this year. 

Wow!!! Fantastic!!! If this trend continues, I will be able to afford the farang rate at the national parks......Oh Wait...I can just go to any local soi and look at dumped garbage for free.  

why be so negative. you know the score. why moan about it. don't go to the parks if you think it's a rip off and tidy the garbage up if it means so much to you ; ) i mean you could right, but you choose not to. moan instead. won't get you anywhere but if it makes you feel better crack on. the garbage will still be there for you to moan about tomorrow

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

the other thing is you could have just opened a few salons in south west London. easy. anyway. let them be

What is it like there?

I first went to the UK 15 years ago and I loved it.

I went 2 years ago and will never go back no people speak English OMG so many foreigners refuges very crazy.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

What is it like there?

I first went to the UK 15 years ago and I loved it.

I went 2 years ago and will never go back no people speak English OMG so many foreigners refuges very crazy.

south west is still very nice but don't open any thai restaurants or salons please around the south west. barnes, Battersea, Putney etc. feel free too. I promise i'll shut you down. that is a promise. you go outside. you can try. don't

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Thian said:

And today (10 months later) the dollar is 32.23 thb.

The weakening didn't work well i guess....555

So Thailand weakens their currency in order to placate America and then job done, the US allows their currency to weaken thus making the Baht seem strong once again and then cries foul, Thailand you're manipulating your currency they cry, you must weaken the Baht or we will punish you.......say wot!