Pattaya trader makes citizen's arrest after Russian steals a watch

webfact

Pattaya trader makes citizen's arrest after Russian steals a watch

3am.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

PATTAYA: -- A Pattaya watch trader made a citizen's arrest of a Russian man who stole a timepiece from his shop.

Trader Phairat Kanchananithi, 44, said Grigoli Korolkov, 44, came into his shop ostensibly to buy a watch on Wednesday.

But while his attention was distracted for just a second or two he pocketed a Naviforce watch worth 1,200 baht, reported Pattaya News.

He soon realized the Russian had stolen it and went in search of him. He found the Russian at the Wat Chaimonkhon intersection in South Pattaya and held onto him before police arrived.

At Pattaya police station Korolkov denied theft saying he did not intend to hold onto the watch and just wanted to have a look at it.

Police dismissed this and charged him with theft.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-10

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, onemorechang said:

We got some Quality Russian tourist's

now days in town . :bah:

Just visiting Pattaya now and there are a few (many) Russians in town. Walking yesterday and one of them spat on the street barely missing my foot and then belched out loud. No wonder their FIFA world cup is under threat, as people are seriously thinking of staying away. Not exactly the warmest of folks.

I am in no way condoning the actions of the high quality Russian specimen, sorry, tourist but A Breitling Navitimer sells for in excess of 5,000 dollars..........Obviously a fake in this shop at 1500 baht..........is that not illegal here to sell counterfeit goods........or does 10% of that price go the local police orphans fund.....:whistling:

12 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Seriously, and I am really serious, why do the people that love to constantly knock the Thai people... live here (assuming they do)....why do they live here?

Hete we have a Thai man trying to make a living and discovers he has been robbed. He goes in search of the person he suspects, finds him, makes a citezens arrest and holds unto him till the police arrive.

In any country a man such as this would be gretly admired....but this one is being ridiculed by a lot of the "usual suspects".....why not go home and waste your valuable time passing comments on your own fellow man. Of course there may be nothing to critize if they are all as perfect as yourselves.

You seem to be looking for something that ain't there (at least in this thread). I see a bit of banter, certainly no Thai bashing. Perhaps lighten up and wind head in a bit. The 'go home' line is probably the most puke-worthy on TV.

Of the pilfering Ruskie; what an ass! While in other news, someone has trodden on someone's cat in Nakhon Pathom. :whistling:

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's NOT a Navitimer, it's a Naviforce, read the news item again.

No. The ThaiVisa morning crowd has overwhelmingly established that the watch was a Navitimer. Therefore, by force of hangover, dyslexia and color-blindness it is indeed a Navitimer. The news story  has nothing to do with it.

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

Quite simple the people constantly commenting the Thais are probably foreigners who back home did not amount to much and here they have some money and think they made it. Now to make them feel even better they constantly knock the Thais so they can keep believing in their own reinvented self. 

Speak for yourself.

Just now, SpeakeasyThai said:

Speak for yourself.

Im not putting Thais down at every possibility there is like some here seem to do. Quite standard tactics to remain to feel superior you have to put others down otherwise you might realize your not special and your whole over inflated self image falls to pieces. 

So no I am just calling them how I see it not retracting anything.

10 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

No. The ThaiVisa morning crowd has overwhelmingly established that the watch was a Navitimer. Therefore, by force of hangover, dyslexia and color-blindness it is indeed a Navitimer. The news story  has nothing to do with it.

Never let the facts get in the way....

44 minutes ago, uchibenkei said:

So he got caught stealing a fake watch valued at 1200 baht.  What a loser.  

I see them stealing noodle soup and other food items  from 7/11 quite regularly. But I'm not game to arrest them. They are just irritating pest  here on Phuket. 

I am so disappointed to have read comments given here relating to this case of a Russian man stealing watch from a Thai watch vendor.  Instead of making comments relating to what had happened obviously people are making ironic comments.  There are good and bad people everywhere in every country and in every race regardless of being white, black or yellow. 

Just now, chuang said:

He thought it is a genuine one....:sleepy:

For crying out loud, how many time have I got to say it. It wasn't a fake watch! A Naviforce is totally different to a Navitimer.