First Pattaya visit. Plastic everywhere!

khunpa

6 hours ago, Kabula said:

I was in Pattaya three days ago for two nights, and I didn't see anything that you described.

Of course I spent my time in the Hilton Hotel on Beach road, shopping in the fabulous malls and dining in a few of the best restaurants with a beautiful Thai woman that a I have known for two years that is under the age of 30.  I will be 70 in July! I walked the full length of Beach Road by the sea.

However, I was not focused on trash, but rather the interesting people, the beautiful women and the smiles on most everyone's faces.

And, the draft beer happy hour prices of 69 THB!

Your negative comments are not appreciated for us expats who have lived here for many years.

You need to change your life and your thinking!

If you want to read about and see trash on the beach go to the link below.  It's about South Beach, in Miami now during spring break. Perhaps one of the most popular beaches in the world.  

You can always find a negative story in any popular tourist destination by an unhappy reporter. :sad:

Well, I am so sorry I have offended you, by sharing my thoughts about Pattaya.

You do realise that criticism and people speaking their mind, is actually a good thing? That is the way improvements and progress is made.

Or have you lived here so long, that you have become Thai and lose face, when something says things you do not agree with?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, gintis0604 said:

I lived here for 8 years and it becomes worse and worse every day.

Since the army took over City Hall nobody takes care about anything.

I'm happy to leave next weekend.

Those who invest here now will make a bad business. 

Here are 1000-ends of new condos for sale and they continue to build. Who will buy? 

Only private investments. 

The City doesn't invest in any new roads for all the people who are expected to live there. They don't even repair all the broken ones or take care about the environment, filled with all shit you can think about. 

Yes, there are thousands of empty condos there and even more are being built on a daily bases. I visited 2 condos which were both over 1 year old. Only 20% of the units had been sold in those. 

The market must wake up to reality at some point. 

10 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Yes, there are thousands of empty condos there and even more are being built on a daily bases. I visited 2 condos which were both over 1 year old. Only 20% of the units had been sold in those. 

The market must wake up to reality at some point. 

I'm curious. What were the 2 condo complexes that you visited that were just 20% sold after a year being open?   The new high-rise developments I know of that offer seaviews and are in good locations not too far from the beach are mostly doing ok.  Cetus is almost sold out. Lumpini Park Beach maybe has a couple hundred units left but, with 1800 units, that's doing fine.  Unixx has 300 left to sell out of 1200, doing ok, too.  As is The Base with 1000 units and 200 or so still to sell. Ditto Centric Sea with around 1000 units and I think fewer than 200 left.  Baan Plai Haad is almost sold out and I think The Palm and Zire are doing ok.  Most of the remaining units in all these complexes will eventually sell because the condos and the locations are desirable.  Certainly none of these is on the just 20% sold list.  There might be a glut of condos, but not desirable ones.

16 minutes ago, newnative said:

I'm curious. What were the 2 condo complexes that you visited that were just 20% sold after a year being open?   The new high-rise developments I know of that offer seaviews and are in good locations not too far from the beach are mostly doing ok.  Cetus is almost sold out. Lumpini Park Beach maybe has a couple hundred units left but, with 1800 units, that's doing fine.  Unixx has 300 left to sell out of 1200, doing ok, too.  As is The Base with 1000 units and 200 or so still to sell. Ditto Centric Sea with around 1000 units and I think fewer than 200 left.  Baan Plai Haad is almost sold out and I think The Palm and Zire are doing ok.  Most of the remaining units in all these complexes will eventually sell because the condos and the locations are desirable.  Certainly none of these is on the just 20% sold list.  There might be a glut of condos, but not desirable ones.

Interested to know where those figures come from ? If its from the developer, they can be very creative when it comes to what they consider sold. 

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Interested to know where those figures come from ? If its from the developer, they can be very creative when it comes to what they consider sold. 

That's true.  The Base, for example, was famous for having 'sold out' within a week or so of the showroom opening in Pattaya.  I remember going in and there were few units left to buy that first week.   A lot of the 'sales' were to buyers who hoped to sell the booking before the condo opened a couple years down the road and they actually had to come up with the money to buy the condo.  Most were able to sell their bookings but some buyers ended up turning the condos back to the developer, Sansiri, which is now selling them.  Unixx might end up with some more condos to sell because I think there is a deadline approaching for buyers to go to closing.  But, I still consider it a successful project.  I think a developer's 'creativeness' with figures is more likely to be in the early stages or during construction.  All the condos I mentioned are now finished and open and when I go and ask to see what is for sale, I don't think I am given the run around--they want to get the remaining condos sold.  My figures, which I think are conservative, come from visiting sales offices, from having owned or lived in some of the complexes, and from observation.  The sales lady at Centric can tell you that there are 200 units left and give you a list but you can also take a look for yourself.  With Centric, The Base, and some of the others, you will see that there aren't many condos that still have the paper on the windows.   If there are curtains on the windows and wash hanging on the balcony, I think you can assume the unit likely has been actually sold.  Whether it's 200 units left or 250 is beside the point, my main observation is that these condos have been successful because they are high-rises in good locations that offer seaviews--something many buyers living at the beach want.

4 hours ago, BsBs said:

For most people who know nothing as the OP, Pattaya and Jomtien, even Sattahip, Bangsarey, Chonburi, Bangsaen, are all the same big dump !!!!

It's all rubbish stretching out all the way to Rayong don't you know

Well it's very true: Pattayas beaches are horrible and so very dirty.....the hole city is more or less rotten down!! with all the many other things i not mention here now

so for sure nobody really come to stay for the beauty of the beaches..

It's still the sex tourists or party time makers who visting Pattaya as well as "lower income tourists"..so for sure never ever this will be a upper class tourist side to visit and never can be like Nizze or St. Tropez or whatever.

For expats living its good as any kind of western food and restaurants are available and serve great deliciouse food....depends how much you spend....Living outside the city its fine with own house and pool and clean areas around...

And: easy to get to Suvarnabhumi Airport and leave for some days to whereever you want to go!!!!!!

3 hours ago, newnative said:

Locations are desirable ????....... 

1 hour ago, manhood said:

Well it's very true: Pattayas beaches are horrible and so very dirty.....the hole city is more or less rotten down!! with all the many other things i not mention here now

It's still the sex tourists or party time makers who visting Pattaya as well as "lower income tourists"..so for sure never ever this will be a upper class tourist side to visit and never can be like Nizze or St. Tropez or whatever.

For expats living its good as any kind of western food and restaurants are available and serve great deliciouse food....depends how much you spend....Living outside the city its fine with own house and pool and clean areas around...

And: easy to get to Suvarnabhumi Airport and leave for some days to whereever you want to go!!!!!!

Never really rated St Tropez.......

Monte Carlo......now that's class....

4 hours ago, khunpa said:

Well, I am so sorry I have offended you, by sharing my thoughts about Pattaya.

You do realise that criticism and people speaking their mind, is actually a good thing? That is the way improvements and progress is made.

Or have you lived here so long, that you have become Thai and lose face, when something says things you do not agree with?

Negative comments kills tourism, which inhibits cash flow to all Thai citizens. It creates polorization/discrimination; and is really uncalled for considering we are living in one of the best destinations in a violent, financially, retreating world.  

Immigration does monitor this forum.  They dislike negative content, especially when it goes viral worldwide and their tourist revenue retreats. You and other negative posters may one day find your visa extension/application denied!  Your a guest, be respectful.

And for the romantics that continually talk about the sex industry here, some in advertently pimping it; might find themselves in prison with a life sentence!  

If you don't believe it, Google, Cuba Dave in Costa Rica. At his age,  he was just sentenced for life for his content that spread across the world.  If he does get an early release other countries are waiting to arrest him for comments he made about their countries' sex industry.

I knew him as I was a publisher of an online information blog at the time. I warned him about the sex content, his personal experiences, where to go, and he didn't listen.

Then to make matters worse, while he was spending a year in preventative detention without a trial, his webmaster continually posted negative comments about the judge and the country.  I called his webmaster and he said Dave wanted the content in?  Unbelievable...

My point being, in this digital age you have to be very careful criticizing cities, governments and countries. All it takes is for a main stream news reporter to blast out more negative bias to the world using your content as ammunition to make the story even more negative for ratings. All governments monitor negative content now as they have felt the financial retreat in the past from it.

Are you for real?

Saying that Pattaya is ugly, polluted and dirty just is stating real facts.

However, most of the people who come to Pattaya don't actually care. They come for extra-cheap housing, easy transportation, cheap food and goods, and for access to a lot of entertainment including (for quite a few) things that are seriously frowned upon in their home countries if not straight illegal (not being judgmental here)

That's the plain truth.

So this isn't going to make them run away.

Now the government has plans to change this image. But they need to make it happen for real and that starts with cleaning up pollution and all the ugliness. This will take quite a while if it ever happens. Some of the harm done to the environment can't be undone and even a cleaned up Pattaya wouldn't look as nice as many competing tourist places in the world.

Edited by Lannig

3 hours ago, manhood said:

Thank you!!!!!!  And, a great, big thanks to all the other thoughtful posters who have pointed out how filthy, dirty, trashy, and just downright disgusting Pattaya Beach is!!!!!!  Take a gander, if you will, at the photos I took--at great risk, I may say--of Pattaya Beach looking north and south, back in November high season.  This was maybe around 5pm just after most of the tourists had left the beach but look at all the garbage they had been sitting on and walking in all day!!!!!!  Absolutely disgusting!!!!!!  So much trash you can hardly see the sand!!!!!!  I GUESS there is sand under all that trash but who knows??????  Of course, I am Pattaya battle-hardened by now but imagine the tender tourist toes trying to tiptoe through all this disgusting garbage!!!!!!  Oh, the humanity!!!!!!  And, I have to tell you, it looked about the same today so not much progress.   

P_20161121_174625_1_p.jpg

P_20161121_174649_1_p.jpg

15 hours ago, Kabula said:

I was in Pattaya three days ago for two nights, and I didn't see anything that you described.

Of course I spent my time in the Hilton Hotel on Beach road, shopping in the fabulous malls and dining in a few of the best restaurants with a beautiful Thai woman that a I have known for two years that is under the age of 30.  I will be 70 in July! I walked the full length of Beach Road by the sea.

However, I was not focused on trash, but rather the interesting people, the beautiful women and the smiles on most everyone's faces.

And, the draft beer happy hour prices of 69 THB!

Your negative comments are not appreciated for us expats who have lived here for many years.

You need to change your life and your thinking!

If you want to read about and see trash on the beach go to the link below.  It's about South Beach, in Miami now during spring break. Perhaps one of the most popular beaches in the world.  

You can always find a negative story in any popular tourist destination by an unhappy reporter. :sad:

Such  a rosey  perspective is  appreciated. And of course  there  are worse examples  to  be found. 

However I am just  wondering  if  I was  assisted  by  my  grand daughter to walk the  length  of  a  beach after  consuming happy hour  draft  beer  at the age of  70 would  I actually  retain the  optical or general capacity to comprehend or be  bothered consider the state of the immediate  environment?

On 11 March 2017 at 7:36 PM, Tony125 said:

In your second post you agree that CM is boring and you have a friend coming over for some nitelife and you said everything closes down in CM at midnite so where are you taking him to ? Bangkok or Pattaya?

For sure will go to Bangkok, when I want to party. 

I live up in the jungle's and rice patty's and its great, even some good night life. I fly to Bangkok a couple times a year to enjoy some wild times and its great for that, I go to Pattaya for a week of golf and wild times once a year and its great. I sure like living up here though.

On 3/11/2017 at 6:24 PM, BsBs said:

Chiang mai just like Phuket or anywhere else where you need more than 2 hours driving from BKK to go, are just stupid place where to live.

If you don't know yet, your kds will teach you later.

Never been to Bangkok in over 10 years. It could be a million miles away for all I care.

Pattaya resident will ALL I need on my doorstep.

21 hours ago, BsBs said:

For most people who know nothing as the OP, Pattaya and Jomtien, even Sattahip, Bangsarey, Chonburi, Bangsaen, are all the same big dump !!!!

Pretty sure where you live is not paradise either. And that's ONLY because  YOU live there.

Pattaya is the sex capital. But now the government is cleaning it up so it can become the gemstone capital ....  

If they are cleaning up the sex bars then maybe they should literally clean up the beaches of rubbish.

There will always be old TV farang and sex in pattaya, thats why they live there.:shock1:

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Pattaya is the sex capital. But now the government is cleaning it up so it can become the gemstone capital ....  

If they are cleaning up the sex bars then maybe they should literally clean up the beaches of rubbish.

There will always be old TV farang and sex in pattaya, thats why they live there.:shock1:

Well stated Steven100.

The garbage issue in "Amazing Thailand" has always baffled me.  But the sex angle is not so baffling !

For nice water take a day trip to Ko Larn. Top two Nual Beach. Middle two remote area between Nual Beach and Samae Beach. The girl at South end Samae Beach. So your beach and nightlife too. 

all photo.jpg

Edited by morrobay
add

47 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Beach doesnt look too shabby to me.....14/03/2017. Does amuse me when many claim Pattaya has no Beach

klang.jpg

Yes, and the many that claim the beach is disgusting, trashy, dirty, so  filled with garbage that you can't walk on it, etc., etc., etc.  Pattaya Beach handles a huge number of beach goers--drove by yesterday and the beach and promenade were packed.  There's going to be some litter with that number of people and not enough trash cans in the right locations--but it's not the garbage dump described by some posters.

On 3/11/2017 at 8:26 PM, khunpa said:

Air Asia flys daily and directly to Pattaya from CM. I personally consider the tickets to be very cheap. 

I fully understand why many people find CM boring, because it is very boring, if bars and nightlife is a priority. But for a place of living with a family (with small kids) and working, it is a great and very cheap place to live. Lots and lots of places to visit in the weekends. And most important! It is does not have garbage thrown everywhere.

I would for sure never want to take my family to Pattaya for a weekend trip. Then there are so many other better and cleaner places to visit in Thailand. 

Spoken like every other guy that went to Pattaya, never looked beyond Beach and Second and a visit to Walking Street.

Pattaya is far more than the strip, and has many attractions within easy reach, like Nong Nooch, Temple of Truth, Mini Siam etc, etc.

However, the more threads like yours the better, as it keeps the families away and the hotel prices down.

As for the garbage, if you think Pattaya is bad, must never have been to Samet.

The idea that if only the bars went away Pattaya would magically become a top tourist attraction for the well heeled is :cheesy: times a thousand.