British woman's rape claim: She's just a con artist says Patpong massage parlor

webfact

British woman's rape claim: She's just a con artist says Patpong massage parlor

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- The massage parlor at the center of a Facebook claim by a British woman claiming rape has said she is a con artist.

Tarntawan massage in Surawong Road said he had refused to take a rape test but instead demanded 8,000 baht to drop the matter. The shop agreed to pay her 5,000.

"We think she is a con artist," said assistant manager Thatsanee Seeleuang."We have posted her picture out front to warn others about her", reported Thai Rath.

The British woman was also at the center of a later assault on hotel staff after refusing to pay for a 3,600 baht meal - a case that led to the Bang Rak police station. This happened after her massage.

A woman using the name Jessica Siobhan went on the Bangkok Expats page on Facebook on Sunday to claim she had been raped by a male masseur. She further alleged that the police had done nothing suggesting she suffered an "ordeal until midnight". She named the massage shop and said it was in Patong (sic) that Thaivisa checked and confirmed she meant the Patpong area in Bangkok not Phuket that was erroneously assumed by many people who commented online.

But according to the police and the parlor involved there is much more to the story with police saying that the woman involved could be sued for defamation in the case.

Thatsanee told Thai Rath online that the woman came into the parlor and chose a man for an oil massage and after 30 minutes she came out and said nothing and left.

"Two hours later her foreign boyfriend came in and alleged that his girlfriend had been raped. Our staff member denied it. We said we were willing to make a police report and take her for a rape test.

"She said that she did not want to take a test. She said that the staff member should apologize then demanded 8,000 baht. We settled it at 5,000 baht".

Investigating officer Charnnarong Kanying at Bang Rak police station confirmed these details saying that the parlor decided to settle in this way to avoid more trouble. He said that she chose a man for the massage herself and that oil massage involved nudity.

But Charnnarong added that there was more to the drama: "After the massage she went to eat at Le Meridian Hotel with her foreign boyfriend. An argument broke out and there was a fight. One of the staff members was slapped in the face and had clothing pulled after they refused to pay 3,600 baht for the bill".

The hotel took the couple to Bang Rak police station to sort it out. Charnnarong said that in the end they agreed to pay the bill as well as a fine for assault.

Regarding the rape claims he confirmed the woman would not undergo a test. Police advised her that if she wanted to press charges she would have to return the 5,000 baht she had taken, have a rape test and effectively start all over again.

Charnnarong said that she had signed a paper saying that she would not press any charges. If she criticized the massage parlor concerned subsequently she could be charged with defamation, he added.

Police made no comment in the Thai Rath story about the parlor's claim the British woman was a con artist.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-14

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what really happened here. But within that context:

Re the update news article above, the police officer quoted in the story would have knowledge of the dispute at the hotel, since apparently both parties to it ended up at the Bangrak police station.

But re the incident at the massage parlor, whatever happened there, the police guy -- despite being quoted as saying he "confirmed" the details about the woman supposedly asking for 8000 baht and settling for 5000 baht -- would have no obvious way of independently knowing or being able to verify what happened with that. That's what the massage parlor claims, but I doubt they wrote the woman a receipt or have the supposed transaction on CCTV.

The story doesn't make the timeline clear.

There was apparently a delay of 2 hours between the massage taking place and the girl's bf going back to the shop to first complain about the rape. It's not apparent if the restaurant altercation took place within those two hours or after and when the rape was subsequently reported to the police.

Bottom line any credibility that this "lady" and her friend had went out the window when she assaulted the hotel staff and had to be arrested by them.

Hopefully the massage parlour charges her and makes her pay if not in cash then she and bf could get blacklisted as not wanted here.

I assume they were trying to scam up sum money for overstay but the police would have noticed; therefore they were probably trying to drum up some money for drinks and bungalow on the beach on Koh Tao. In any case people like is what makes Farangs look like idiot Farangs and are sub human. Thanks kindly ma'am.

43 minutes ago, metrox said:

Bonnie and Clyde wannabes ? If the report is true, I doubt you will accept 5000 thb and go eat a lobster just after being raped.

As she wrote on facebook, she made as well a quick shower (and then she went for a better meal where the loabster raped her - what a day..;)

3 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

I don't think I believe most of this story. Firstly, I don't believe the massage parlor would give her 5000 baht when she refused a rape test. Secondly, why wait 2 hours if it was rape. I'd be screaming like a <deleted> at the time!

She was hungry and went for dinner first.  After I get raped I always like a nice burger before reporting it.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Bottom line any credibility that this "lady" and her friend had went out the window when she assaulted the hotel staff and had to be arrested by them.

Hopefully the massage parlour charges her and makes her pay if not in cash then she and bf could get blacklisted as not wanted here.

Perhaps they entered Thailand with a plan to get enough compensation or whatever for 'bad' meals, etc etc., to actually cover their initial outlay for their holiday.

Little doubt it's been done before.

Any insurance executive can tell many many cases of insurance fraud, including fraud about holiday staff, hotel wasn't what was promised etc., on checking, quickly categorically proven to be a scam.  

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps they entered Thailand with a plan to get enough compensation or whatever for 'bad' meals, etc etc., to actually cover their initial outlay for their holiday.

Little doubt it's been done before.

Any insurance executive can tell many many cases of insurance fraud, including fraud about holiday staff, hotel wasn't what was promised etc., on checking, quickly categorically proven to be a scam.  

Saw the facebook page..... it seems like she is an English teacher in Thailand and lives here, so they are not on holidays.

Also, it looks like an attempted rape at worst. I dunno.... yesterday I sided with a victim, today I am not so sure.

It could be that the guy tried something, she didn't want got pd off and left.... told the bf who made a stink about it afterwards.

When I was young I would get upset at anything, so it could be just that.

Just guessing like the rest of you.

3 hours ago, katana said:

The story doesn't make the timeline clear.

There was apparently a delay of 2 hours between the massage taking place and the girl's bf going back to the shop to first complain about the rape. It's not apparent if the restaurant altercation took place within those two hours or after and when the rape was subsequently reported to the police.

Piece it together,

Went for at massage at 15:00 hrs

(parlor claims she left after half an hour*)

*seriously half hour oil massage? 

Went back 2 hrs later..(17;30 claimed rape) 

(hypotisisng here 1hr/2hr massage oil +30mins alleged rape could = 16-30 to 17;30 and place her there after alleged ordeal ending around then)

Where was she after 15:30? What time was the rape reported? 

Going back (alleged) to a place where you were (allegely) raped is not typical behaviour. of a rape victim, neither is posting on fb and possibly social media for all family and friends to see. 

Is it possible she is just another attention seeker getting off on all the attention and "poor me..poor you" ? 

2 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

News are confusing. British Embassy should launch their own inquiry before we all come to a conclusion.

Gee, if the British Embassy investigated all incidences involving Brits they'd need an army of employees. 

Probably don't a flying <deleted>, and who could blame them?

Saw the facebook page..... it seems like she is an English teacher in Thailand and lives here, so they are not on holidays.

Also, it looks like an attempted rape at worst. I dunno.... yesterday I sided with a victim, today I am not so sure.

It could be that the guy tried something, she didn't want got pd off and left.... told the bf who made a stink about it afterwards.

When I was young I would get upset at anything, so it could be just that.

Just guessing like the rest of you.

Yes, she lives in Bangkok and can speak Thai. Like you say, no one except her and the alledged rapist knows what really happened. Not that that stops the ill-informed misogynists having their say on ThaiVisa!

5 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

sounds very odd that a farang would risk trying to con a massage shop! and they gave her 5,000? 

No think back at the Aussie girl which claimed to have been raped by her boy friend and was not and had to do some time and British guy that claimed that he was attacked by lady boys while CCTV shows him crashing into a electric pole, very drunk, the recent death of the Brit running a boiler room in Pats etc. There are unfortunately so many foreign scammers in the country.

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, she lives in Bangkok and can speak Thai. Like you say, no one except her and the alledged rapist knows what really happened. Not that that stops the ill-informed misogynists having their say on ThaiVisa!

then what was she doing in a knocking shop?