14 arrests of "influential foreign criminals" in Pattaya

webfact

14 arrests of "influential foreign criminals" in Pattaya

1a.jpg

Picture: T News

PATTAYA: -- Immigration police, Region 2 cops and district official took part in the arrest of 14 high profile foreign mafia figures yesterday.

The group included 6 Russians several of whom were wanted on Interpol red notices or by police in Russia for involvement in narcotics and illegal money transactions.

Sanook.com reported that all those involved were at the resort with businesses in the tourism sector such as restaurants and entertainment venues but these were fronts for illegal business involving drugs and other criminal activity.

Arrested were six Russians, four Uzbeks, and one person each from the Ukraine, Belarus, Morocco and Iran.

The Thai authorities had been working closely with Interpol, the Russian police and various embassies leading to the arrests.

No one was named in the report.

Natthathorn Phrosunthorn of the immigration division said that the arrests represented significant and influential foreign criminals involved in the dark underbelly in Pattaya.

Source: T News, Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-21

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where they muscling in on the criminal activities of more established foreign criminals? I would have been more impressed if they were arresting boiler room scammers and fraudulent property developers, who do some real damage to other foreigners,

A step in the right direction, these motley crew of organized crimes

who found refuge in a sunny, easy place to bland in and resume normal

life should be all rounded up and send back to cesspools they came from....

That´s a good sign! Pattaya has since long time been a place for the foreigners criminal activities in Thailand.

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

Where they muscling in on the criminal activities of more established foreign criminals? I would have been more impressed if they were arresting boiler room scammers and fraudulent property developers, who do some real damage to other foreigners,

Nice to hear that you have a positive side to see things. If you do not see drugs and other criminal activities as an enough bad and a big problem, I do believe that there are others here that will. Maybe it was just that they didn´t follow your line in what was most important first!

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

A step in the right direction, these motley crew of organized crimes

who found refuge in a sunny, easy place to bland in and resume normal

life should be all rounded up and send back to cesspools they came from....

Like they do with the criminals who hide out in Spain (wouldn' t have far to send them back to)?

What I find troublesome is that the Isreali behind the failed WaterFront is walking around free. Is it not obvious that some back door dealings went on to get approval of this project? Hundreds of purchasers of this and his other failed developments are out huge sums. It certainly looks like fraud has taken place. 

As they were arrested, I reckon couldn't be all that influential..... " No one was named in the report." influence residual? Makes me think of often times TV and others will print names, addresses etc of victims of crime (easier to rob house if owner in hospital?) but not perps

56 minutes ago, pegman said:

What I find troublesome is that the Isreali behind the failed WaterFront is walking around free. Is it not obvious that some back door dealings went on to get approval of this project? Hundreds of purchasers of this and his other failed developments are out huge sums. It certainly looks like fraud has taken place. 

You should not talk if you do not know the whole story. Waterfront was not launched by them but taken over in a later stage where building approvals already been issued.

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The amount of criminals , not only foreign but including Thai in this country is mind boggling.

It can never be cleaned up, saying that I believe that Thailand is not alone as the whole world is now in a state of decadence, crime is rife,

The world is run by psychopaths,

All the world is but a stage, and each and every one of us but an actor. 

19 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

The amount of criminals , not only foreign but including Thai in this country is mind boggling.

It can never be cleaned up, saying that I believe that Thailand is not alone as the whole world is now in a state of decadence, crime is rife,

The world is run by psychopaths, mad madam Mercal and Donald Duck.

All the world is but a stage, and each and every one of us but an actor. 

We are all born, we're all going to go and while here improve the world.- Ben Stern

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

You ought to be impressed for every single criminals they catch  !!

5 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Were they already wearing those masks prior to the arrest? What's that some kind of Russian camo?

I bet some of them were not wearing shirts before their arrest. I saw a lot of these disgraceful b@stards in Pattaya last week.