Five dead, at least 40 injured in UK parliament 'terrorist' attack

webfact

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Enoch Powell was a well educated, erudite speaker who was wrong about the consequences of immigration from the Carribean and Indian sub-continent. Nigel Farage is a dangerous fool.

But Powell was not talking about a ban, rather his point was that uncapped immigration from the Commonwealth ( and it was uncapped in the 60s) was unsustainable and would result in fundamental changes in societ, not always for the better. Was he wrong about that? It's a moot point because capping was introduced quite soon after the "rivers of blood", IIRC.

In any case, migration from India and the Carribean has been pretty benign  or positive for the UK, from Pakistan and Nigeria not always so.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from a London mini cab driver 40 years back who knows London....:stoner:

Haha a min cab driver sitting on your Throne with your one taned arm daily mail to the side of you . Thinking they know everthing because drive around all day watching and moaning about everything. Please name a No Go area?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Did you read all of that, or just the headline?

Firstly, the advice is not to wear their uniforms whilst off duty, travelling to and from work.

Secondly, it finishes with Ferrari saying it isn't about radicalisation.

It is not a good situation, and needs to be resolved; but it's criminal gangs causing the problem; gangs of all ethnicities.

Nothing to do with Islamic extremism.

TOSH........So a guy takes out the innocent and gets taken out for criminal agenda activities..........:laugh:

1 minute ago, transam said:

I have been out of London now for many years so my eyes are not on the ground NOW....But I will post on another question..

So your saying

10 minutes ago, transam said:

I am from a London mini cab driver 40 years back who knows London....:stoner:

was, in fact, untrue.

You do not 'know London' as it is now at all!

1 minute ago, transam said:

And you do.............?

Yes, until a change of job in February 2017 I travelled to many parts on a daily basis; so my experience is much more up to date than yours.

8 minutes ago, transam said:

TOSH........So a guy takes out the innocent and gets taken out for criminal agenda activities..........:laugh:

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't clasp at straws....:smile:

No, still don't get it.

What has your comment got to do with Ferrari's report and his comment that the problems the police face in some areas have nothing to do with radicalisation?

46 minutes ago, stander said:

Nick Ferrari says Donald Trump might be right about London - after a Met Police officer told him they have been told not to wear uniform in certain areas.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/crime-police/ferrari-trump-is-right-there-are-no-go-areas-in-lo/

Nick Ferrari is a verbose anti Muslim bigot interviewing an anonymous 'police officer,  who by the way does not make claims of no go areas for Met Police.

4 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Thread seems to have been completely derailed again away from Islamic terror and into a who knows London the best contest :sad:

Well, of course there are parts of London in which I would not feel entirely secure (same for NYC, Sydney and other places).

But these lunatics, lone wolf, organised group, whatever,...want us to feel insecure, unsafe, vulnerable right in the heart of the city, at one of the world's iconic symbols of democracy.

As has been discussed on previous threads about prior attacks, there is little to stop these attacks...if it's not a grand boulevard it could be a bridge, or a park or a mall or a beach or a railway station.We can't be protected everywhere; nor can we sit at home and worry about it.

In respect of this attack, as anyone who knows London's bridges will confirm, you are completely exposed to traffic and there is nowhere to go. Westminster, Waterloo, Blackfriars, all the others...the same. 

As the head of the Police said, 12 plots foiled recently.

But as during the IRA campaign, it's not going to change the behaviour of Londoners and nor will it deter tourists. Tragic but life goes on.

Its a shame that people jump to conclusions they see what they want to see. I said she was probably terrified and I was right. Unfortunately this is a classic example how some people have been radicalised the same way some musslims have become radicalised. They want to hate Muslims and there brain plays tricks on them. Unfortunately I don't see any end to this in my opinion it's a downward sprial.Someone says she is wareing a head scaf so she don't care, a musslim reads this gets angry then they full into the hands of the Fundamentalist. One out of 100000 gets

radicalised. A few of them go on terrorist attacks the cycle continues.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58d4fb85ca78b/Screenshot_2017-03-24-17-40-59.png?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Post commenting on Moderation removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

What's the difference between a radical and a moderate Muslim?

The radical Muslim wants to kill you for being an infidel

The "moderate" Muslim does not want to kill you, he just wants the radical Muslim to kill you.

None of the Muslims I know think like that.

In fairness, I assume you were just making a joke in poor taste.