Man enters widow's house in Roi-Et and gets more than he bargained for

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Xobtsiwt said:

Pity they couldn't have ironed things out without resorting to weapons.

Still, there won't be an inCREASE in crime in that lady's neighbourhood.

...pleat..pleat..enough.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to normal.

2 hours ago, namoi said:

You go girls, should of stuck the gun and iron up his ring turned 1 on and pulled the trigger on the other, once he was under control of course

Have you been watching   ' I spit on your grave ' perchance ?   I think this happened in 'I spit on your grave 2 '  Only that was a rifle up the butt.

7 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Why was a women living with a young daughter allowed to own a .38? Was the husband a cop? The firearm should have been surrendered on his death. This story could tragically have gone the other way. Are we to assume that most Thai households have a gun? Sleeping with a loaded gun under your pillow sounds insanely dangerous and uncomfortable.

Yes. Maybe not most, but many do. Like very many have barred windows. Nice society, hmm?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

He should work for the government. 

A suitable candidate for Bangkok top policeman's job? :whistling:

OMG you couldn't dream up this stuff could you? But then again......................... 

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

Good for the daughter and her iron....Always shoot to kill !!

Yup and the trick is that once you have fired at the person, fire a shot thru the ceiling and claim you gave the intruder a warning first. Fired at the intruder in self-defense. Hard to disprove! :smile:

Edited by lvr181
Additional wording

I am glad that this woman was able to not get injured or raped by her neioghbour, and he is lucky to

be alive. Glad he got his lumps from the neigbours.

I bet she will continue to sleep with that gun near by, and maybe next time she won" t fire a warning

shot.

Geezer

2 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

A widow with acute hearing, sleeping with a loaded .38 under her pillow, a spurned drunken intruder, a young daughter repelling the attacker with an iron in the ensuing struggle, an aged yet feisty mother joining in! That is some household. Too much for me!

Believe me that even the sweetest girls can turn into Rottweiler's at the drop of a hat.

If she had have shot him, would it be self defence???

Not her gun so maybe no license, not a grisly ending the good thing about it.

2 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Why was a women living with a young daughter allowed to own a .38? Was the husband a cop? The firearm should have been surrendered on his death. This story could tragically have gone the other way. Are we to assume that most Thai households have a gun? Sleeping with a loaded gun under your pillow sounds insanely dangerous and uncomfortable.

Was the woman serving/ex-police or military? Did she legally apply (they can you know!) for a firearm license? Don't know why people believe that women can't own firearms.

So many variations that aren't really applicable to the story of home invasion by a drunken neighbour even though the weapon was discharged but didn't hit the intruder.

I applaud all the women in this story. They repelled and hurt but not killed a drunk intruder. Glad they had the gun and the iron. To me all these ladies are more civilized than many people on the planet claim to be. They don't live the life of luxury and police protection and they protect themselves.  Hope there are more people like them out there in Thailand and many other countries.  

Edited by Wake Up

2 hours ago, Bay Ridge said:

She sleeps with a .38 under her pillow? Ahhhh Thailand, LOS. Also land of some of the highest gun crime rates in the world and the most horrific death toll on the roads. Hopefully this will become a developed country one day. 

The gun seems to have served a very good service.  But the gal may need to go to the range and practice some. Guns are just tools.  they have nothing to do with being developed or not!! and to bad this gun didn't do its job better.   If everyone slept with a gun there would not be any break-ins.  

Beautiful story. Always nice to see when a creep is apprehended. Especially by the victims! Lovely. Hope they beat him good. Hope he is somehow able to be subjected to one of the few judges in the country who is wiling to hand down a stiff sentence. That is, if it even gets that far.

4 hours ago, Bay Ridge said:

She sleeps with a .38 under her pillow?

You just never can tell when a ghost will drop by or your dead husband in another life form. I would hate to have a bad dream with a real gun. 

Edited by elgordo38

I'm glad she didn't kill the drunken neighbor. But warning shots in the air are a bad idea.

As is firing guns into the air for the 4th of July and/or New Year's Eve in the US, and similar actions that people in some other countries do.

The bullets descend at a deadly speed.

Usually some killed or wounded in the US on the 4th and New Year's Eve from idiots firing into the sky.

Edited by JimmyJ

6 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

A widow with acute hearing, sleeping with a loaded .38 under her pillow, a spurned drunken intruder, a young daughter repelling the attacker with an iron in the ensuing struggle, an aged yet feisty mother joining in! That is some household. Too much for me!

you weren't invited anyway ....

4 hours ago, Xobtsiwt said:

Pity they couldn't have ironed things out without resorting to weapons.

Still, there won't be an inCREASE in crime in that lady's neighbourhood.

seems they did iron things out - well and truly.

5 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Yup and the trick is that once you have fired at the person, fire a shot thru the ceiling and claim you gave the intruder a warning first. Fired at the intruder in self-defense. Hard to disprove! :smile:

...mamas shot ricocheted off the daughter's steam iron striking the intruder = accidental.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to normal.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Clearly, breaking in to someones house in the middle of the night, whilst drunk, just for a friendly chat, is perfectly normal for Thai people.

The neighbours giving him a group kicking is pretty much standard practice too, as we all know.

Yes, but in this case the group kicking was appropriate !!!