BMTA union to ask PM to allow the bus operator to accept the NGV buses

rooster59

BMTA union to ask PM to allow the bus operator to accept the NGV buses

71_NGV.jpg

The labour union of Bangkok Mass Transit Authority will ask Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha to invoke Section 44 of the interim constitution to let the city bus operator to take delivery of 292 NGV buses so they can be put into service.

BMTA labour union leader Veerapong Wongwan said Friday that the 292 NGV buses were already registered with the Land Transport Department and fitted with GPS system and could be put into service immediately.

He said the problem with the Customs Department which insisted that the bus fleet was not assembled in Malaysia with 40 percent local contents should be treated as a separate issue while priority should be to serve bus commuters.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bmta-union-ask-pm-allow-bus-operator-accept-ngv-buses/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-08

And once the buses are in service, all is forgotten and the whole scam would be

whitewashed right in front of the eyes of the nation, to show you that

you cheat your way in and in the end, because TIT, you'll win, so why stop

cheating?.....

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

cheating?.....

And set a precedent for the future for more 'tricky' business. 

3 hours ago, Nigeone said:

Should park these up along side the fire engines!! Can complete with the navy and the carrier and soon to be subs for purchases and Corruption magnified !

I'd forgotten about the fire engine fiasco.  I wonder if they are still rusting away in some parking lot.

And the incompetence continues. Why would you not ensure when you are making the initial purchase, that ALL details of the transaction have been thought through and addressed, including the importation, along with possible taxes?

one has to wonder what this person will get as a thankyou from the owners if they do, maybe if they pay then outstanding customs  amount they tried to avoid they can get them on the road but then that will take away all their profits.....

7 hours ago, dddave said:

I'd forgotten about the fire engine fiasco.  I wonder if they are still rusting away in some parking lot.

Yes !!! Apparently they are now going to get them commissioned now they've received compo ! Not in my lifetime I feel 

IMG_0564.JPG

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

cheating?.....

"the problem with the Customs Department .... should be treated as a separate issue ' seems to be a reasonable approach to resolve delivery. This is a fix price contract. All buses were registered with BMTA and passed the contractual performance tests. Whether Bestlin loses money on the sale if it ultimately must pay customs is only a matter for Bestlin and not for BMTA. So who cheated who? Well maybe Malaysian labor but that shouldn't be a concern for either Customs or BMTA.