webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Naam said:

i apologise for commenting in non-native English. would you like an explanation in another language? if yes, which one?

No apology necessary, although explanation might help. Do you have a problem with the word "particular"? I don't understand your comment. I don't know whether babbling away in another language would help, either. Why so prickly?

I understand people can get overly-stimulated in discussions about religious issues; I carry no banner for any particular religion (or god). I got confused by people justifying horrendous acts/crimes against others out of their "love"of a god a long time ago.  I'm still surprised people still insist on the pretense of righteousness in support of very unright acts, values and beliefs. The gang murder carried out in public, as reported here, by religious vigilantes at a Pakistani university campus is one more  inexplicable horror.

On 4/14/2017 at 10:25 AM, bouph12 said:

Pakistan, the country deemed worthy of receiving £374,000,000 of aid from Britain last year.

Immediately stopping aid payments would be one way of getting the message across that this is just barbaric.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/733594/Pakistan-tops-UK-aid-list-as-taxpayers-pay-12-billion

Indeed. And Pakistan is buying new Chinese Fighter planes. 

But the British tax payer still coughs up.

4 hours ago, Naam said:

you are in dire need of an educational update mate. Islam is an "abrahamic" religion, i.e. Muslims believe that there is no "particular" God except the one mentioned in the Bible and the Qr'an.

google is your friend.

Muslims also believe that Jesus Christ was a prophet, like Muhammad and that Muhammad was the last prophet the one and only God would send.

They date their calendar from Muhammad rather than Christ hence their dates are several hundred years behind the Christian calendar. This also reflects on their evolution as a religious dominated, often enforced, society where fundamental ideas and practices are still immature when compared to other religions. They offer similar ideas to those put forward by the Catholic inquisitions and resistors of Protestanism but without the polarizing balancing effect of the tolerance and turn the other cheek Christian teachings. 

Wealthy, more educated and modern in outlook Muslim nations develop a more balanced view. Backward, poor Pakistan with hordes of very low educated and religious indoctrinated masses is still living in the past mentality. It suits that country's leaders and elites to keep it that way.

Pakistan is not representative of real Islam. 

Muslims also believe that Jesus Christ was a prophet, like Muhammad and that Muhammad was the last prophet the one and only God would send.

They date their calendar from Muhammad rather than Christ hence their dates are several hundred years behind the Christian calendar. This also reflects on their evolution as a religious dominated, often enforced, society where fundamental ideas and practices are still immature when compared to other religions. They offer similar ideas to those put forward by the Catholic inquisitions and resistors of Protestanism but without the polarizing balancing effect of the tolerance and turn the other cheek Christian teachings. 

Wealthy, more educated and modern in outlook Muslim nations develop a more balanced view. Backward, poor Pakistan with hordes of very low educated and religious indoctrinated masses is still living in the past mentality. It suits that country's leaders and elites to keep it that way.

Pakistan is not representative of real Islam. 

Well said.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, sandemara said:

No apology necessary, although explanation might help. Do you have a problem with the word "particular"? I don't understand your comment.

here's an explanation:

Baerboxer said:

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:03 PM, puipuitom said:

What I never could understand: why, when God / Allah or whatever name, who is unlimited powerful, could create the entire universe, needs simple HUMANS to punish those, who insult Him.

or.. does this Diety does not exist, or has close to zero powers at all ?

You are right on there.

The god or gods are either so weak they need tiny humans to do their work, or they don't care about people blaspheming as they don't take any action.... OR maybe, just maybe, they don't actually exist.... as it seem a bit suspicious they don't actually do a singe thing ever!