Ayutthaya Songkran party over before it really began as eight shot

webfact

Ayutthaya Songkran party over before it really began as eight shot

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

AYUTTHAYA: -- Soldiers moved into two Songkran water playing areas after two rounds of shooting left eight young people in hospital on Thursday.

The incidents happened first at the King Naresuan monument on the Ayuthaya to Ang Thong Road then at the car park of the Ayuthaya City Park shopping complex.

Police believe the incidents are connected.

A hunt is on for a group of men in a pick-up who started shooting after a group of people arrived at the monument on motorbikes from Bang Sai.

There was a fight and a melee developed and four people were shot. They were Phinit Tai-upok, 30, Withawat Ketkaew, 28, Yuthana Cheuasawat, 20 and Suthee Moha, 20.

According to reports the shooter or shooters were upset after the bikers revved their engines on arrival at the monument.

All were taken to hospital.

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Later at the shopping center car park police arrived to find a pool of blood at the scene. Four victims of a shooting had already been taken to Ratchathani Hospital.

Soldiers moved into both locations and shut down all celebrations there for the remainder of the holidays.

Sources: Daily News 1, Daily News 2

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-14

Shot for revving their bike engines? I'm sure that for people with a brain only slightly larger than a peanut, that would make sense.

There is a good chance at least some of these people are known to each other, so hopefully these @rseholes will be arrested soon.

Thankfully, I did not read of any foreigners being affected by such a sad occurrence by mindless <deleted>...

Not only did they inflict injury to one another, but more importantly, they have spoilt a happy event for other Thai people and possibly tourists / ex-pats alike?

Last year, during Songkran, I saw on YouTube, the horrific attack on a an innocent British family, whereby the elderly British lady, whilst on the floor, after being punched by a male, was then kicked in the head.

In my opinion, I'll go along with the usual Thai response by saying "UP TO THEM"!

Very sad...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Yeah, let's have fun, let's shoot each other, too bad if a cop goes

to my house and tells mum 'your son is dead'. 

I am sure sir,that such an upstanding pillar of the community as you self sir,that your son would not be involved in such activity,or sir have you failed in your duty as a parent?

Human brains in many now, have the thinking ability of a gold fish. :post-4641-1156694572:

In time, all public gatherings may be banned worldwide based on the fact humans can't think rationally and behave.

The streets may even be patrolled by Tourist Police,  bot, sex dolls just to frustrate the herd of the mentally challenged even more! :sorry:

5 hours ago, clockman said:

This illusion of smiling peace loving Buddhists.!

The thing is most are not Buddhists any more than people claiming to be Christians or any other religion are. They tend to assume they are because their family followed a particular religion.

Like in the Philippines when you enter a bar when you enter the water play? area there should be a booth there with a sign "Check your guns here" Yes all you Songkran boosters its just all good clean fun with a twist of course. What a price to pay for some "good clean fun"

Once again, the "status" of having a gun and lack of credible enforcement.....

What happened to all the guns the police had before they were replaced by Sig Sauer's?

The supply of automatic weapons down South?

Where are all these guns, and more importantly the ammo coming from?  A gun with no bullets is a club or a paperweight!!

This is a perfect example of why Songkran water throwing must be limited and why a police presence must be on hand at all times. By the time the police arrived- the injured were at the hospital and the alleged perpetrators had left the scene.  The amount of mayhem that occurs due to lack of any credible deterrent is mind boggling.

5 hours ago, Kabula said:

Human brains in many now, have the thinking ability of a gold fish. :post-4641-1156694572:

In time, all public gatherings may be banned worldwide based on the fact humans can't think rationally and behave.

The streets may even be patrolled by Tourist Police,  bot, sex dolls just to frustrate the herd of the mentally challenged even more! :sorry:

I think you are too kind, sir.

(my strike out)

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.