Immigration gives 7 days grace for 90 day report, but...

giddyup

1 minute ago, retirementenquiry said:

It states clearly that leaving the country is "equivalent" to 90 day reporting clearly posted in large sign at the back of counter 3, however jomtien immigration are ignoring this rule and are imposing fines on people for not also doing the 90 report

I find that difficult to understand, they have absolutely no right to fine anybody in those circumstances, as the 90 day report is to report that you have been staying in Thailand for a continuous 90 day period, if you departed the Country prior to being here for 90 days, then by definition you have no need to report. Day one would start again on the day of arrival back in to Thailand.

There might be circumstances whereby somebody has misinterpreted the rules and departed the country AFTER the 90 days and did not report prior to departing, the 7 day after rule does not apply in those circumstances, however, pretty unlucky for the IO to check that deeply in to it.

If it is a case of Jomtien fining people that did depart prior to the 90 day period, return and then report 90 days after their last date of arrival, then it is a total scam and should be reported.

37 minutes ago, retirementenquiry said:

It states clearly that leaving the country is "equivalent" to 90 day reporting clearly posted in large sign at the back of counter 3, however jomtien immigration are ignoring this rule and are imposing fines on people for not also doing the 90 report

I think you'll find out they were fined for not filing a newTM30 after leaving and re-entering the Country.

Nothing to do with 90 day reports.

Mine was due on the 17th which is a time I don't want to be out on my motorbike due to Songkran and Immigration was on holiday.
I went on the 5th. Found it closed due to a power cut. Thursday the 6th was a holiday. Went back on Monday expecting it to be busy - look me 15 minutes even after 2 days closure.
I think most people who were due a 90 day report during Songkran would have done the extension earlier.