Power pole drama as man goes walkabout on the high wires

webfact

Power pole drama as man goes walkabout on the high wires

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daly News

HAT YAI: -- Hundreds watched in horror as a Thai man sat on top of a power pole for an hour then went walkabout on the wires before falling to the ground.

The drama happened yesterday evening on the Kanchanwanit Road in Hat Yai leading to Sadao, reported Daily News.

The man had earlier been spotted sitting on top of a 12 meter high pole as police and foundation medics were called.

He was quite calm and not talking at all or making any demands.

Police tried to talk him down and set up an airbag on the ground. But when someone went up to try and get him down he took off doing a tightrope style walk along the power wires.

Power had been cut off in the area amid fears he would electrocute himself.

After walking some distance and with a crowd of more than 100 locals shrieking in terror he lost his footing after appearing exhausted and fell to the ground.

He was taken to Songkhla Nakharin Hospital.

No name was given in the Daily News story but they said the man was about 40 and probably suffering from some kind of stress in his life.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-19

4 hours ago, webfact said:

No name was given in the Daily News story but they said the man was about 40 and probably suffering from some kind of stress in his life.

There are lots and lots of Thai's suffering from stress this guy just happened to be at the upper end of the stress meter. The meter is slowing inching up for many others. 

22 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Suffering from some kind of stress in his life.

Must be married then  :cheesy:

Well cockneys do refer to the wife as !! the trouble and strife !!

Stupid me went to the well 3 times and did not notice the water was rancid. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Suffering from stress?

Really!

Would never have guessed that. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

but they said the man was about 40 and probably suffering from some kind of stress in his life.

Yeah... he's married. :saai:

EDIT: Sorry colinneil... I didn't see your post #7. You beat me to it!

Edited by cruisemonkey

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

apparently he always wanted to join the circus but couldn't find a tight rope high enough to practice on .....  :shock1:

No sense going up life is a high wire act at ground level. Yes I have fallen on my face from time to time. 

12 minutes ago, Shiver said:

Apart from damage to himself, what was the cost to the community?

Loss of power for an hour or so. Computers forcibly shut down..............How do you measure the cost of being peed of for an hour or so.

6 hours ago, smedly said:

what you can't see won't hurt you lol

Frying tonight

If the power had been on, do you mean flying?  Or you do not have trouble with pronouncing "r" :cheesy:

Edited by lvr181
Additional text

I've not an once of sympathy. The word 'Idiot' (buffalo) comes to mind. How did he get up there?

Oh, I forgot that health and safety is seemingly considered an unimportant thing as demonstrated, seen and experienced on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect