Ex-staff changed company car ownership and got loan against it, car now being repossessed!

madhav

Should have just hidden the car and let them go after the ex-employee for money, Can't see getting any money back.

We had a similar thing a few years ago when an employee stole 50,000 Baht and we took her to the police station and got an agreement to pay us back, she never did and police had absolutely no interest in pursuing it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Benjie said:

Should have just hidden the car and let them go after the ex-employee for money, Can't see getting any money back.

We had a similar thing a few years ago when an employee stole 50,000 Baht and we took her to the police station and got an agreement to pay us back, she never did and police had absolutely no interest in pursuing it.

Car was purchased 18 months ago for 700k, as of now worth at least 400k. However even if we hid it we could never use it again. In effect it would have been as good as gone, so we would have needed to get another car. A lot of money to throw away because of spite. Although I get it. I felt quite angry at the time. 

She will will pay it back or all hell will be unleashed on her and her family. 

Car was purchased 18 months ago for 700k, as of now worth at least 400k. However even if we hid it we could never use it again. In effect it would have been as good as gone, so we would have needed to get another car. A lot of money to throw away because of spite. Although I get it. I felt quite angry at the time. 

She will will pay it back or all hell will be unleashed on her and her family. 

She will not pay it back.

You cannot 'unleash all hell' on her family. Nor should you make any threats to do so.

You should have taken the opportunity to file the criminal charges.

Statute of limitations on embezzlement cases is very short. The moment that is up, payments will cease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

You cannot 'unleash all hell' on her family. Nor should you make any threats to do so.

Statute of limitations on embezzlement cases is very short. The moment that is up, payments will cease.

Yep they just dont care, many cases where loans were given ( family - friends ect ) & when all fails they just dont pay 

The only ones that may get their money may be the Thai Chinese that know the system

Just offering my 2 cents worth after reading your post. 

From my experience when buying cars or houses in Thailand, the sales and finance will always look for a way to ensure 1 gets the loan. Documents and statements can be forged just to ensure the loan is issued.

They just want to make the sale or ensure the loan is permitted for a commission.

Your staff might be in need of money for personal reasons or greed, but the advice on how to forge all the documents and the procedures (POA, lost blue book) that followed would most likely came from the finance company. 

The finance didn't even bothered to call your company and check and claim the director came with your staff to sign the papers. CMON....we all knew what happened.

You are so right to get so angry with the finance company. 

11 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

From my experience when buying cars or houses in Thailand, the sales and finance will always look for a way to ensure 1 gets the loan. Documents and statements can be forged just to ensure the loan is issued.

They just want to make the sale or ensure the loan is permitted for a commission.

Your staff might be in need of money for personal reasons or greed, but the advice on how to forge all the documents and the procedures (POA, lost blue book) that followed would most likely came from the finance company. 

The finance didn't even bothered to call your company and check and claim the director came with your staff to sign the papers. CMON....we all knew what happened.

I know for a fact they conspired with the ex-employee to facilitate the loan. Some of the comments they made were outright lies and also very insulting to say to our face. However at the end of the day what can actually be done? The whole system of signatures to authorise POA is quite flawed. Can you imagine taking it to court and seeing what the response would be?

On 5/20/2017 at 8:41 AM, Dagnabbit said:

She did sign in front of the police a document with an agreement stating the minimum repayments per month to be made and the legal reprocessions if she doesn't. However yes time will ultimately be the judge here.

12 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

A fair bit of truth in that. Depending on how comfortable the individual loan officer is in progressing a marginal loan call, their commission can be a strong determinant on what passes and what fails.

3 hours ago, madhav said:

I know for a fact they conspired with the ex-employee to facilitate the loan. Some of the comments they made were outright lies and also very insulting to say to our face. However at the end of the day what can actually be done? The whole system of signatures to authorise POA is quite flawed. Can you imagine taking it to court and seeing what the response would be?

Oh the Lawyers would love for you to take the Finance company to the courts. There will be no fault found with the Finance company. 

The staff gets jail time. Maybe the Court freeze her assets or bank account to repay you for the loss, if she still has any left.

The Lawyer gets his fees for doing nothing.

The biggest Loser in the end is still you. 

Just a general advice. Never give away your original passport or copy of your passport without signing it and writing the purpose of the copy. I've seen my staff forging my signature on documents, just because I wasn't there or didn't want to bother me etc. This is quite common in Thailand from my understanding. 

16 hours ago, mortenaa said:

Just a general advice. Never give away your original passport or copy of your passport without signing it and writing the purpose of the copy. I've seen my staff forging my signature on documents, just because I wasn't there or didn't want to bother me etc. This is quite common in Thailand from my understanding. 

Yes I 100% agree with this advice. Amazing what a copy of your primary ID with a company stamp and a few forged signatures can achieve in the hands of a wrathful person. Can basically ruin your life.

Can see at the end of the whole ordeal on one of the previous pages of this thread I wrote the same thing. I now always write the purpose of the copy ending with the words only, and cross 2 lines through it.