What age gap is acceptable?

CG1 Blue

The Juristic manager at my Condo block is an attractive 45 year old Thai girl and her live in partner is a 22 year old Thai man. Besides me thinking it was her son, nobody seems to worry. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

mate.......as long as your wallet is fat enough.....it does not matter about the age difference.  She will stay with you until the wallet is empty and then move on.  So do yourself a favour, get yourself a babe!!!  Why get an old minger?  You can do that in your own country!!!  When in the sweet shop.....get yourself the nicest sweet.!!

just do what the fat farang do in Pattaya ... get a 19 yr old to bom every hour. In Pattaya the farang just go there for one thing.  It's just get one in the room for 24/7 and go for it.

:shock1:

1 hour ago, ceolwynn said:

my ex was just a couple of months short, of 20-years-younger than me.

we lasted 14 years, mostly pretty happy too. we negotiated our relationship when she was 19, and I was 38... and yes 'negotiated' is the perfect word...  unlike nearly everyone else, we each declared desires and expectations clearly and we promised what would be given and received, in regards to finances, decision authority, and especially sexuality ( constant negotiating for sex is a dating game, not a marriage game )... 

the previous relationship was 11 years younger, prior to that 6 years younger, first relationship was 2 years younger.

"I keep getting older and

they stay the same age,

yes they do." lol ...

my first relationship was the only one entered into without clear and detailed negotiating. it was also the most disastrous.

- my direct, and first hand knowledge over the 40ish years as an adult, has taught me this, a 19 and a 40 year old female are both gonna do female things... it's just that the older ones are more clever and harder to catch at it.

so, in that regard, go for younger. so far I'm 57, and the oldest woman I've been in bed with was 32. so far. and my experience was older ones are better at sneaking, harder to catch.

First time for me lasted 20+ years and really was my fault for the break up. Got caught playing an away game. Couple of years later we realised that it couldn't go on as we found that we really didn't, best word I can think of, 'fancy' each other.

Broke up and went our own ways, no age difference,no money problems, no arguements, no kids so 50/50 on everything. 

I ended up in Thailand and after a good few years of 'fun' met someone at work, 10 years younger, educated overseas and extremely good English. Spent two years dating and at the end of the two years we both knew the good and bad parts of each other.

One thing we agreed on was when we have an arguement and sometimes we have 'ARGUEMENTS' we said we would always wake up in the same bed.

Worked for the past 11 years.     She bought her car, I bought my car and everything else is 50/50.

OK so your 50 in good health in your prime in many respects you got a 25 year old heart attack bouncing on you 3 nights a week you love her she loves you and 10 years later she's worn you and the bed out but you still love her she still cares for you but she's now in her prime and you are past it. 

Solution?

23 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

OK so your 50 in good health in your prime in many respects you got a 25 year old heart attack bouncing on you 3 nights a week you love her she loves you and 10 years later she's worn you and the bed out but you still love her she still cares for you but she's now in her prime and you are past it. 

Solution?

Women are not in their prime at 35. Men are.

At 35, women are insecure about their age and their attractiveness. They can't compete with the 21 year olds and they know it. They are starting to look old and they know it.

At that age they feel lucky any man is attracted to them.

Most 35 year old women (especially if not a supermodel) would seriously consider a 60 year old man (if he's above average). 

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

Women are not in their prime at 35. Men are.

At 35, women are insecure about their age and their attractiveness. They can't compete with the 21 year olds and they know it. They are starting to look old and they know it.

At that age they feel lucky any man is attracted to them.

Most 35 year old women (especially if not a supermodel) would seriously consider a 60 year old man (if he's above average). 

I cannot comment for thai women as I have had a grand total of 1 serious relationship. If I'd met the Mrs at 21 I'd have skipped. If I thought a 21 year old was in her prime i'd be asking myself some serious questions TBH. A woman for me does not become fully fledged until 30 and IMO women in there 30's are peaking in many ways. 21 year old are moldable impressionable kids. Maybe worth a night or two but a long way to go until blossoming 

48 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Solution?

Don't go there in the first place. Men in their fifties who get 'involved' with 'girls' in their 20's are trying to prove something to themselves or others. Unless it's a situation where it's obvious to both parties it's an extended short time.

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Don't go there in the first place. Men in their fifties who get 'involved' with 'girls' in their 20's are trying to prove something to themselves or others. Unless it's a situation where it's obvious to both parties it's an extended short time.

Hold on a moment please. It's a very common theme here and one that many it appears will have to contend with. I'm not disapproving of it either if they are happy then all good but what I'm asking is this. When you lose your mojo and it can happen and your Mrs is prime rib 35 hormones ablaze. What's the solution?

26 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Hold on a moment please. It's a very common theme here and one that many it appears will have to contend with. I'm not disapproving of it either if they are happy then all good but what I'm asking is this. When you lose your mojo and it can happen and your Mrs is prime rib 35 hormones ablaze. What's the solution?

Hormones ablaze at 35? a women?

You'd have to be lucky

15 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Can only answer on the same theme. Guys in their late 50's who marry women in their 20's think that in 15 or so years time they will still be 'keeping up' with their wife are kidding themselves, obviously there will be exceptions but it won't be the the norm'.

If they are prepared to accept it then that's up to them. I think the point is that in this part of the world it has the appearance of being normal when in fact it is no more normal than back home, UK/USA or Europe.

I've seen examples in both areas where it has all gone wrong. In fact my first marraige in UK FIL/MIL had a twenty five difference and it ended when MIL hit early 40's. It's for me a fact that any more than 15 or more years difference in age, either way, has a much better chance of going down the drain.

There is a twenty year difference in age between my self and my Thai wife. We have being maried for over 10 years, and have a solid relationship. I am fer best friend, and she is mine , always go  and do things together. we depend and each other. 

I am not saying all this to brag, but to make the following point against a big age difference.The marrying a younger girl wears out quick, and then you are left with  the realities of the situation.. 

One reality that distresses me greatly is that I will die a lot sooner than her, living her to take care of her self at a relative young age ,but too old to re-marry. 

There is a lot more to be said about that, but suffice to make the above  basic point.

IMO, it was a very selfish  thing for me to do,If I had to do it all over again, I would do it differently.

16 minutes ago, sirineou said:

There is a twenty year difference in age between my self and my Thai wife. We have being maried for over 10 years, and have a solid relationship. I am fer best friend, and she is mine , always go  and do things together. we depend and each other. 

I am not saying all this to brag, but to make the following point against a big age difference.The marrying a younger girl wears out quick, and then you are left with  the realities of the situation.. 

One reality that distresses me greatly is that I will die a lot sooner than her, living her to take care of her self at a relative young age ,but too old to re-marry. 

There is a lot more to be said about that, but suffice to make the above  basic point.

IMO, it was a very selfish  thing for me to do,If I had to do it all over again, I would do it differently.

Not easy to answer that one.

All I would say is that here in the 'East' not specifically Thailand,  the women have a much more positive outlook on the situation than wives/women in the west. Local to me there's two shops where the Thai husbands have 'gone' early, one a stroke, the other a heart attack.

Both shops are still going and the wives seem to be doing a good job of getting on with it.

There is more of a family feeling out here than in the west, in my experience anyway , so I don't think you need to worry about when you fall off the perch.

You're thinking way too much.  Whatever women you hit it off with and know that you share chemistry with.  However, this works much better if your significant other is not a 'first-world' type, whom imho, tend to be universally damaged goods.  And personally I'd stay away from gals under 30 as their brains and life-experience haven't caught up with each other as a general rule.  

Couldn't care less about girl-guy age difference but parent-child age difference is another matter. A lot of kids here are going to reach majority and find that Dad is actually more like Granddad or perhaps not even have a Dad (RIP) anymore.

Your partner can choose to be with you. Your children have no choice.

1 hour ago, Keesters said:

Couldn't care less about girl-guy age difference but parent-child age difference is another matter. A lot of kids here are going to reach majority and find that Dad is actually more like Granddad or perhaps not even have a Dad (RIP) anymore.

Why is it there is this outcry of older dad's? What is the big problem kids will grow up knowing your there dad. His/her peers who form friendships with him as they grow will know your his/her dad. Do you really think a child growing up and seeing you every day, will suddenly think oh your old enough to be my grandad!. It's complete nonsense. We all die in the end some are lucky enough to see there offspring grow and marry and have kids of there own. Some are not so lucky. I lost my dad when I was 9 yrs old. He was 59 shit happens. I'm 60 now if Ithe happene5the Mrs fell pregnant I would be surprised but happy and treat the offspring as I have done with my others. 

I don't think parent-child gap is that significant.

I was born when my dad was forty-seven, there was a nineteen age gap between him and my mum and they had forty odd years before his death. My big brother married a twenty-two year old ( at forty)  and my nephew is twenty one now, it's all in the perception of the scheme of things. It either works or it doesn't and for many it does.

2 hours ago, Keesters said:

I do not know many Thai ladies with kids that the Thai fathers are still around....Most farang folk I know come from broken families or divorced there kids mother...

Guys can die early for many reasons leaving kids behind but the world still turns...

I do not know many Thai ladies with kids that the Thai fathers are still around....Most farang folk I know come from broken families or divorced there kids mother...

Guys can die early for many reasons leaving kids behind but the world still turns...

A mature, responsible, loving father is far better than the opposite.

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A mature, responsible, loving father is far better than the opposite.

There are many everywhere but they walk cos their lady becomes intolerable, l am one of those, was about 35 years back...

It's a bit of a silly assumption that every sixty year old or older man with a younger woman is a gf. It could be his daughter, niece, you never know. 

Was in a Pattaya restaurant years ago and an elderly gent was with a couple of stunning girls. He wasn't wearing a wife beater or looked like the yeah old usual er 'tourist' anyway the foreign women next to my table were saying how disgusting and horrible it is to see rah, rah lol I was embarassed as I am sure they heard this.

Anyway the elderly gent was looking our way and one of young lasses got up and asked me to take a pic of her, her sister and dad. ( before the smartphones)

These silly women simply assuming there was a dirty old guy sitting next to them.

On the flipside, in Sydney in Coles some old bag asked me if my kids were adopted in the checkout, my boys were little guys back then. Hubby had a nice retort which I won't post here.

Never make assumptions or racist comments. 

Edited by Minnie the Minx

I've seen  old farangs in Pattaya with big bellies and smelly and they have a 19 yr old girl with them.
So the girl must be giving something for the farang to give money ??

She's most likely just giving it for a short-time. An equitable exchange but not really relevant for this thread.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I've also seen a lot of couples in Canton in Shamien Dao ( that's where the American embassy adoption point is).

Lots of old Americans with young Chinese wives adopting or plain just an American couple and usually they are not in their prime. I don't judge any of it, as I don't judge age gaps as I am in one. There is no such gap, it is only narrow minded people disturbing happy couples and I never have a flying fork what others think anyway.