Do you think life is fair or not

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Some people don't just get "a bad deal at times", but their whole life is a "bad deal", with no opportunity, unlike you and me, to improve it.

I now what you are saying I see it every day on my way to work. But the thing is what one person calls bad another may not like it but not think of it in the same way. There is no definitive good or bad

Life fair- only for the few.

Believe in "god". Which "god"? The all knowing one that allows millions to live in poverty and die in wars, or the aloof one that takes no part in the life s/he created, but allows mankind's basest instincts to run amok?

I'm an agnostic, so I believe there is something larger than what we see, but don't know what it is.

The REAL question is if God created the heavens and the earth, where did God come from?

If God doesn't exist, where did everything come from? Can't make something from nothing- science fact!

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Believe in "god". Which "god"? The all knowing one that allows millions to live in poverty and die in wars, or the aloof one that takes no part in the life s/he created, but allows mankind's basest instincts to run amok?

I'm an agnostic, so I believe there is something larger than what we see, but don't know what it is.

The REAL question is if God created the heavens and the earth, where did God come from?

If God doesn't exist, where did everything come from? Can't make something from nothing- science fact!

It has been proven scientically that you can. The Universe has zero energy, google it.

2 minutes ago, Kabula said:

Life isn't fair to anyone.

However, life is what you make it!

If you feel your current life is not fair; make an effort to change it, or make it better.

Tell that to the 5 year old child who's raking through garbage on a dump to find something to sell so he can buy something to eat.

Edited by giddyup

46 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Getting back to the original post life is what you make it. It isnt that some people get a really bad deal everyone does at times and it makes us think what we, yes we, did wrong to deserve it.

Spoken like someone from a privileged background.  I too came from that background, but even I can admit that I'm largely where I am because of who my parents were.  Kids who grew up in grinding poverty, or in a war zone, or to abusive parents, or with no parents at all, etc., etc., they don't get to ponder the "life is what you make it."

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Tell that to the 5 year old child who's raking through garbage on a dump to find something to sell so he can buy something to eat.

Troll....my content was not directed at a 5 year old.

I've lived in Thailand for 11 years and traveled all over the country and I've never seen a five-year-old raking through garbage.   They learn at very young age they can go to the temple, or to any market  just before closing and there's plenty of food that's about to spoil.   Hungry Thais will eat insects which are very nourishing before garbage.  Most Thais unlike the rest of the world help hungry children.

Just now, Kabula said:

I've lived in Thailand for 11 years and traveled all over the country and I've never seen a five-year-old raking through garbage.   They learn at very young age they can go to the temple, or to any market  just before closing and there's plenty of food that's about to spoil.   Hungry Thais will eat insects which are very nourishing before garbage.  Most Thais unlike the rest of the world help hungry children.

Not a troll, your reply was given from a position of privilege with no thought as to how tough some people have it. We weren't just discussing Thailand, the subject is "Do you think life is fair or not"? So how does a child born into poverty with no education make their life better?

16 minutes ago, Kabula said:

He never mentioned the nationality of the child...

But, here you go anyway:

Mae sot, Thailand.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sclient=tablet-gws&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=358&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=children+rubbish+dump+thailand+mae+sot&oq=children+rubbish+dump+thailand+mae+sot

Rest of the world:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sclient=tablet-gws&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=620&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=children+rubbish+dump+&oq=children+rubbish+dump

I think you just proved that life is indeed not fair by the luxuary of your own ignorance...

Edited by onthesoi

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agnostic?

Get off the fence you intellectual coward!

Just now, worgeordie said:

Life is ,what you make of,just do your best,that's it.

and remember there is always someone else worse 

off than you.

regards worgeordie

Life is just a cliche.

29 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Spoken like someone from a privileged background.  I too came from that background, but even I can admit that I'm largely where I am because of who my parents were.  Kids who grew up in grinding poverty, or in a war zone, or to abusive parents, or with no parents at all, etc., etc., they don't get to ponder the "life is what you make it."

I guess privileged if working 7 days a week 12 hours a day to get some money for my family is privileged.

life is by far not fair.

some people are born into royalty and get to live out their lives in luxury, some people are born into poverty, some people are born with defects that prevent from being able to live past infancy or childhood.

God is a lie... but it doesnt matter what i say because it pointless to argue against faith,  the truth it anything that contradicts your beleif will go in one ear and out the other.

in anycase

the only requirement to gain entry is belief and acceptance of god. there is no other option you can have the soul of a bloody saint and bring about world peace but its all irrelevant if you do not believe in god you will be damned to eternal torment, on the opposite side of the coin you can be the evilest bastard that ever existed but in the end if you believe and repent the possibility of salvation and going to heaven in on the table. 

I want nothing to do with god if this is the case and eagerly await eternal damnation if it means i  don't have to deal with a self-absorbed <deleted>!

if you look at history a large portion of atrocities are committed in the name of one god or another

I also love how after a natural disaster occurs where 1000's of people have their lives ruined or die and somehow 1 person comes out unscathed it becomes a miracle and people start praising the lord. wait just one fuckin minute!!!! wasnt god the one who sent the disaster in the first place causing the devastation?!?!?!

gotta love the churches also... give us money for the explicit purpose to spread the word of god so we can convert more people so they can also give us money.  also do as i say or risk going to hell.

I see no evidence that god is love... when a huge portion of his followers are dicks and are more concerned about judging for being different!  gay wrong, muslim wrong, athiest wrong,  child molesting pastor ohh we are cool because he is a believer like us. hating on people who are gay also no problem because they are hating in the name of god.

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Easy to say with your feet up sucking on a coldie.

Yeah, if you're lucky enough to do so. 
Sadly I don't get much time for that working 7 days a week with 30-odd staff. Khmer-earned money only, btw... 
I'm happy if I get to sink 2 beers before exhaustion and go home at night. 

Edited by kayo
added the btw bit

3 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

I guess privileged if working 7 days a week 12 hours a day to get some money for my family is privileged.

I figured you'd have this sort of retort.  Can you even admit that there are many worse off, possibly working 7 days a week, 12 hrs a day, and don't even make enough to help their family? 

35 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

You aren't seriously comparing your life to someone raised in abject poverty with no chance of bettering themselves? So yes, you are privileged.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

You aren't seriously comparing your life to someone raised in abject poverty with no chance of bettering themselves? So yes, you are privileged.

To be privileged by your definition you have to have a baseline as to what constitutes the norm.

32 minutes ago, kayo said:

Yeah, if you're lucky enough to do so. 
Sadly I don't get much time for that working 7 days a week with 30-odd staff. Khmer-earned money only, btw... 
I'm happy if I get to sink 2 beers before exhaustion and go home at night. 

You have a job, a roof over your head, food on then table every day, and a cold beer when you want one.

1 minute ago, gandalf12 said:

To be privileged by your definition you have to have a baseline as to what constitutes the norm.

OK, a job, a roof over your head, knowing where your next meal is coming from. Probably being able to retire to Thailand and live comfortably, free from debt or hunger. That enough?

When I think of all the mistakes I made, the poor choices of arrogance and immaturity. All the times someone might have got hurt or I could have been dead. And I see that I am still loved, I still have a future and a hope. I know that life is not fair and I am glad for it.

Just now, canuckamuck said:

When I think of all the mistakes I made, the poor choices of arrogance and immaturity. All the times someone might have got hurt or I could have been dead. And I see that I am still loved, I still have a future and a hope. I know that life is not fair and I am glad for it.

Glad for it, why?