Football fiasco: Two Britons, Thai accused of Premier League piracy

10 minutes ago, al007 said:

I had Thai Expat, I got an unbelievable deal, on two years in advance, and I knew it must be dodgy, the good news is that ran out June 6 2017, so i only lost small time, I also used my own box

I always found thai expat support good and want the catchup facility

Can someone simple advise me a legit system that gives UK tv and catchup

Maybe just google IPTV and find another based outside this country and use a vpn

I'm not sure there is one, but lets keep trying.

Maybe, just maybe, Ex Pats can be restored. After all, my understanding is that it was primarily 365 sport that was done by the military for showing Prem football live. Ex Pat was caught up in the swoop. When they both went 'down'  the Expat came back for me on a limited basis for 2 more days, plus the apology  e mail.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, emilymat said:

Thanks.

What I have settled for at the moment is to watch UK Tv via a VPN linked to the telly. I have no guilt, given I have a TV licence in the UK at my daughters house, with whom I stay when I'm over there  - which is often. Also, there seems no problem with ITV HUB and channel 4.  Yet, even though I have a TV licence I was still prepared to pay a sub to Expat TV in addition. That's what makes me so angry.  :sad:  It's not everyone's cup of tea but I want to keep abreast of things like the UK election etc .....

Sky news is live via You Tube so you CAN keep abreast of it all.

I'm not sure there is one, but lets keep trying.

Maybe, just maybe, Ex Pats can be restored. After all, my understanding is that it was primarily 365 sport that was done by the military for showing Prem football live. Ex Pat was caught up in the swoop. When they both went 'down'  the Expat came back for me on a limited basis for 2 more days, plus the apology  e mail.

PulseTV is operating normally.

On 5/16/2017 at 7:03 PM, ujayujay said:

This are not thai providers. Its possible to see near all premier league, bundesliga, Icehockey matches etc. via internet stream from providers all over the world at language of your choice. For free. Its no Rocket science.

I know that but the copyright for content is international. 

This is a legal TV sports package just announced.  Just received in my inbox today the latest offer from True Digital HD, see https://www.facebook.com/truedigitalhd/ . 

From what I can see they are stating they have the just added the J-league (Japan) to their already exhaustive list of European football.  They also say they are the only one with the TV rights in Thailand for the next 3 years.  They are offering the following package: 

True Super Soccer Pack x HD Combo Pack
- Bein Sports 1
- Bein Sports 2
- Bein Sports 3
- Bein Sports 4
- Bein Sports 5
- Bein Sports 6
- True Sport HD 2
- True Sport HD 3
- True Sport 2
- True Sport 6
- True Sport 7
- True Film HD
- True Movie Hits
- True Asian Series
- True Film Asia
- True Thai Film
- true x-zyte
- True Explore LIFE
- True Spark PLAY

Buy the package plus true super soccer package today. Worth 549 baht but special offer price of only 399 baht / 30 days.

Apologies for any translation errors.  You will need to confirm what is what with a personal visit to True I guess.

Can call me stupid or whatever but only in the last hour or so having been trying to access a certain website have I learnt from reading around Thai Visa the whole operation of the site offering football live et al is not lawful.

Last august having seen the website advertised on well known web pages I paid via Visa Card a sum of around 10000 baht to subscribe to the service believing it was perfectly legal and thereafter able to access premiership, championship and other football as well as live boxing etc.

Now I learn the truth.

So are those companies including Visa Card also liable to arrest being aiding and abetting an unlawful operation?

Also:

Can anyone tell me is there any LEGAL website where I can view by subscription on my tablet premiership and championship matches.

Thx!

23 minutes ago, R123 said:

Can call me stupid or whatever but only in the last hour or so having been trying to access a certain website have I learnt from reading around Thai Visa the whole operation of the site offering football live et al is not lawful.

Last august having seen the website advertised on well known web pages I paid via Visa Card a sum of around 10000 baht to subscribe to the service believing it was perfectly legal and thereafter able to access premiership, championship and other football as well as live boxing etc.

Now I learn the truth.

So are those companies including Visa Card also liable to arrest being aiding and abetting an unlawful operation?

Also:

Can anyone tell me is there any LEGAL website where I can view by subscription on my tablet premiership and championship matches.

Thx!

Depends on which Visa card you had 

You might get your lost money back from them, suggest worth a go

2 hours ago, R123 said:

Now I learn the truth.

Also:

Thx!

Restreaming ANY copyrighted content is illegal, period.

Edit: If the stream is in a different country.

Edited by wump

Yes, I was talking about the Bundesliga. Sure Sky UK has SkyGo as well? Might be a bit pricey though.

How about getting an Astro or SkyNet (Burma) card? Quite affordable and can be watched in HD on your TV.

1 minute ago, wump said:

How about getting an Astro or SkyNet (Burma) card? Quite affordable and can be watched in HD on your TV.

Do the beams illuminate Thailand without a massive dish?

One thing that this whole sorry episode has demonstrated is that there's a market for an integrated, easy to use (preferably legal) viewing system for expats which works on less-than-perfect internet connections.

The BBC et-al have been procrastinating for years about providing something of this ilk, and as yet have failed to deliver.

I for one would subscribe, just provide the service and clients will come, let me watch FreeView channels legally in Thailand for the cost of a UK TV Licence and I'll sign up tomorrow.

You remember the people desperately wanting to being able to watch movies legally in the 2000's? Took 15 years for Netflix to arrive.

The content industry is just stupid with all their contracts and backward thinking.

Edited by wump

At the end of the day if it's a one off payment then it's probably illegal.

authorised service providers charge a monthly premium for which ever service you require.

if you pay monthly and something happens and you are no longer able to watch then you call the company and they come and fix it.

if you pay a one off payment and the service gets scrambled then your only option is to pay again, there are no engineers that can come and fix it.

Not too hard to figure this one out yourself. I find it a bit unbelievable that people thought it was a legal service?

And for the record: ANYTHING that has a one-time fee (lifetime subsscription) is a scam, with the exception of VPNs and Tony's Gym.

24 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Do the beams illuminate Thailand without a massive dish?

Before my Kodi days I accessed Astro and Skynet over the satellite.

Astro is 1.20m dish, Skynet regular True dish.

Edit, I have to correct myself. Astro I used the C-band dish, Skynet the 1.20 dish. Vietnam is the regular size dish.

Edited by janclaes47

3 hours ago, R123 said:

Now I learn the truth.

Also:

Thx!

If a website has received monetary or other compensation (ie advertisement revenue, use of services, goods etc) for the advertisement of illegal services from a company supplying illegal services, and you have then been subject to financial losses due to using these services then under Thai law a case can be filed against the website where the services were originally advertised.

My guess is that ultimately Filmon will be found to be illegal too.

I did a little research into it a while back and the matter has been dragging its way through the American courts for years because Filmon have been throwing money at lawyers.

The founder of Filmon also seems to be a really unsavoury character.

There is no way I would put money in his pocket.

email this morning.

UKTV For You is now a closed community.

Due to recent changes regarding IPTV. UKTVFORYOU is becoming a private members closed community.

Today is the last chance to purchase our Premium TV Service.

Becoming a closed community means we will be able to maintain our high quality streaming servers accross the globe.
As our service will no longer be offered to the general public it means we will be able to maintain high quality secure streams where other companies leave themselves open to security threats.

If you would like to join UKTVFOR you. This is the last chance to sign up and the offer will shortly be withdrawn.

As a member you will enjoy.

• UK based Email and live chat support.
  • UK based telephone support
  • All future channel and software upgrades
  • Ability to purchase brand new hardware pre configured.
  • Special Offers
  • First to receive new product launches.
  • Friends rewards.
  • Introduce friends to purchase and receive a month free credit per sign up.

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:
UKTV For You is now a closed community.

Due to recent changes regarding IPTV. UKTVFORYOU is becoming a private members closed community.

Today is the last chance to purchase our Premium TV Service.

Is this the same service that closed down because they didn't want to end up in jail like the other guy's?

If money is involved they don't seem to be concerned though.

Edited by janclaes47

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Is this the same service that closed down because they didn't want to end up in jail like the other guy's?

If money is involved they don't seem to be concerned though.

I don't know if UKTV is a generic name of a company name. the email actually came from a company called Lamnia and all of the email did not post. I notice there is an online version of the email here.

http://mail.emarketingcp.co.uk/l/c.php?c=40605&ct=2209&si=388366&u=afcs13

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I don't know if UKTV is a generic name of a company name. the email actually came from a company called Lamnia and all of the email did not post. I notice there is an online version of the email here.

http://mail.emarketingcp.co.uk/l/c.php?c=40605&ct=2209&si=388366&u=afcs13

Difficult to figure out if this is the same as the free Windows app Crossy posted some time ago, and went offline after the Expat TV debacle.

But I guess I'll have to hurry now, since today is the last day I can sign up for a 13.200 Baht set top box, with no channel list or link to the website available  LOL.

After the expat and 365 fiasco, I'm pretty much done with streaming sports. Kodi fine for movies and most series I want. Will fork out for TRUE Super soccer package next season, which I believe is around 299 or 399 per month. 

Will investigate what they have RE: Bein connect or True I.D, so I can watch on laptop, when away from home. It's a pain that there will be no on demand, suppose if it's a late game I'll just have to stock up on coffee!

For 99 baht extra you can get the pvr service (need your own hard disk). I just set it to record the late matches and watch the next day as live. Works great.

I should  also mention you can use the free truevisions anywhere app to watch on demand on any device. 

Edited by MartinBKK

I dont understand why people are paying money for these "services" when you can watch most games for free.  

With Aceplayer installed on your computer you can watch most streams for free, not always HD but still good enough for me. Is it legal ? Nope but to prevent it from happening someone has to pull out the internet plug. 

Edited by balo