Police 'unable' to view footage of slain Lahu activist

webfact

Police 'unable' to view footage of slain Lahu activist 

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

Lahu2-696x464.jpg  

A memorial board with images of Chaiyaphum Pasae on Wednesday in Chiang Mai province.

BANGKOK — Two months after a young Lahu activist was shot dead by soldier under disputed circumstances, police said Wednesday they spent a week unable to view critical footage because they didn’t have a computer with the necessary software to watch it.

The commander of Central Police Forensic Science Division said his staff received the necessary equipment from the military to see the footage today, footage they received from the army some time last week.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/05/17/police-unable-view-sensitive-footage-slain-lahu-activist/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-05-18

Just now, canuckamuck said:

They are waiting for their first copy of Windows 3.1

Or maybe they're still trying to get their hands on some Bitcoin to pay for the ransomware infection last week.

Somehow this incompetence really doesn't surprise me. Didn't have the right software and it took a week, to get it? A week?

Not that it matters. I am pretty sure the army have released a much edited and doctored clip anyway.

49 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

They must be joking ,surely.

regards worgeordie

Oh no, they are very very serious about the problem, however, I would suggest they get a 10 year old kid off the street and get them to sort out the problems, should take all of 5 minutes. 

Only in Thailand could you dream up such a piss-weak lame excuse. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

police said Wednesday they spent a week unable to view critical footage

did you do anything else during that week? Anything at all? Did you get paid for that week?

I can picture perfectly in my mind what you did during that week.

Was this a fixed road inspection point, or a mobile one?  Can't imagine a mobile site with a quick set up CCTV system being too exotic as to require special gear.  I used to work with large, high end CCTV/Security systems.  It was no trouble at all for the contract techs to pull video and give it to us.   The incompetence here is not unusual but the reason for the long delay in this case seems painfully obvious.  Might as well put their big boy pants on and deal with this cause it ain't going away.

"Two months after a young Lahu activist was shot dead by soldier under disputed circumstances, police said Wednesday they spent a week unable to view critical footage because they didn’t have a computer with the necessary software to watch it."

Why not just ask any 5 year-old to borrow his computer with the necessary software? It seems the government has billions to buy needless submarines, but doesn't have 300 baht to buy a pirated copy of software necessary to help promote justice.

Edited by jaltsc