I have been trying to book an appointment at VFS in the Trendy building for my wife to take her documents down, biometric test etc.

Each time I try to book a date in the payment section all the dates are booked even a month in advance, yet they are yet are showing certain time slots are available for any particular dates I want within say the next seven days.

This isn't a glitch in the system as it been like this the last 4 days. I've tried on thee different computers now.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Edited by Chopper

With such issues in mind my Wife applied for her UK Visa 3-1/2 months in advance (because we are also traveling elsewhere over the next few months so won't have time to apply for her Visa closer to our UK travel date).

Upon receipt of her visa she also received a 'sh!tty letter' from the FCO stating that 'this time' they will issue the visa (10 years, her 5 years expires late May) but next time she has to apply within 3 months of her planned travel to the UK.

I mean <deleted>... whats the point in writing a crappy letter ? My Wife was well organized, getting everything in hand well before our biannual UK visit just incase there were issues....  sometimes the mind boggles at the people who work in these places... 

Personally, I've had issues when booking appointments at the Embassy (for a letter of residence)... I've taken proof of booking, but the staff at the door have had no record of my booking. Fortunately, on the occasion this happened and after being turned away I received a call of apology and was informed that they would permit entrance if I was close enough to return within working hours. 

It seems these computer systems are not all they are meant to be. That said, this sounds like an issue with the VFS rather than than the Embassy. 

Perhaps try and register and book using a different browser (i.e. Firefox), also try registering under a different e-mail address. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

I have been trying to book an appointment at VFS in the Trendy building for my wife to take her documents down, biometric test etc.

VFS act as visa application centres in Bangkok for several countries, and have at least two offices in the Trendy Building; one for Australia and another for the UK.

Which are you asking about?

• Like 1

I'm enquiring about the UK one. I have managed to get an appointment for the 26th May (standard service). I would have preferred to pay for the priority service as I will now have to change the dates of our flight back to the UK.

Even testing the the super priority service there are no appointments all next week. (I cannot believe this is accurate since it costs 40,000 baht).

Anyway I got to the make a payment page and it has summarily rejected 3 of my credit cards so far...(All have good balances etc).

20 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

What is the telephone number for UK paasport applications at Trendy Building? 

There isn't one.

You can call the UK if you want....

Contact the Passport Adviceline

Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time)
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm (UK time)

Edited by Upnotover
UK

When we applied for a UK Visa for my GF there wasn't much choice of times and dates. We eventually got one but we waited nearly an hour after the appointment time too be seen,. We were told its busiest time of the year, fortunately the Waiting Area is big enough to accommodate those waiting', I think there were over 30 counters, some Australian I think.They did say only the person applying for the Visa would be allowed in but we had our 2 year old and they allowed the 3 of us in.

What I would say is when we left in the afternoon it was nearly empty so maybe go for an afternoon appointment,ours was 11.50.

6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

VFS act as visa application centres in Bangkok for several countries, and have at least two offices in the Trendy Building; one for Australia and another for the UK.

Which are you asking about?

VFS Trendy Building also accepts vida applications for most Schengen embassies (NL, Finland, Belgium, I believe Italy and some others).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chopper said:

I'm enquiring about the UK one. I have managed to get an appointment for the 26th May (standard service). I would have preferred to pay for the priority service as I will now have to change the dates of our flight back to the UK.

Even testing the the super priority service there are no appointments all next week. (I cannot believe this is accurate since it costs 40,000 baht).

Anyway I got to the make a payment page and it has summarily rejected 3 of my credit cards so far...(All have good balances etc).

I think it is a question of timing which unfortunately doesn't help you a great deal. If I remember right from previous years that the next months calendar does not become available until fairly late in the month. As we are now over half way I would suspect that May is now nearly full up but come next week the whole of June may well be available.

I booked for my wife on 22 April , there was nothing left for April but the whole of May was available and we went on the 2nd, 1st was a holiday. We got the message to say her passport was back in Trendy on the 12th.

Just now, athousand said:

Do you need to complete the online application and pay for the visa before booking the Biometrics appointment?

You complete the online application, pay then make an appointment to hand in the documents, the biometrics are taken after you handed in the documents in the same area but in a small room off the waiting area.

I don't trust the scanning - unless they provide some kind of way for me to check that they haven't missed out scanning any documents, I'll send all the supporting documents direct to Sheffield via fedex or ups. 

What are you applying for?

23 minutes ago, athousand said:

I don't trust the scanning - unless they provide some kind of way for me to check that they haven't missed out scanning any documents, I'll send all the supporting documents direct to Sheffield via fedex or ups. 

All documents go to VFS in Bangkok irrespective of what you are applying for Visa or Passport, is this a wind up about sending them too Sheffield?

Applying for spouse settlement visa. 

Wind up? A new process was introduced last month for settlement and Tier visas (whatever they are) where you either send the supporting documents direct to Sheffield or you pay VFS to scan them and send them electronically to Sheffield. The applications are not processed in Bangkok anymore but in Sheffield. 

Edited by athousand