Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Donald Trump is PISSED (And Lying) Because He Won't Be Time Magazine's Person of the Year

After having told more than 1,600 lies since Inauguration Day, it isn't really news anymore when Donald Trump wildly diverges from the truth. He has proven himself to be a pathological liar who fabricates stories even when there is no clear advantage in doing so.

That aberrant behavior explains his latest tweet wherein he whines pitifully about not being named Time Magazine's "Person of the Year." He obviously regards it as a personal affront even though the designation is not intended to be an award of praise. Just ask prior recipient Adolf Hitler. Nevertheless, Trump's ego is mortally wounded as revealed in this hastily scribbled tweet:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/24/1718425/-Donald-Trump-is-PISSED-And-Lying-Because-He-Won-t-Be-Time-Magazine-s-Person-of-the-Year?detail=emaildkre

I hope the Person of the Year is Sexually Abused Women.

Let's see Trump frame and hang that at his golf resorts.

1 hour ago, Meljames said:

Obama would be a good choice for the 'Person of the Year' cover. Just to stick it to Trump

Obama or Mueller would be a good choice.

If it is chosen on who will have the biggest global impact I think it should be Donald Trump Jnr who gets it. His Father got it last year for being clever enough to get elected and Jnr should get it this year for being stupid enough to cause the complete removal of an entire Administration. Hard to consider but Donald Trump Jnr may have unknowingly single-handedly saved the world! Time person of the year and a Nobel Peace Prize i think........then 15 years in a supermax.

9 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Donald Trump is PISSED (And Lying) Because He Won't Be Time Magazine's Person of the Year

After having told more than 1,600 lies since Inauguration Day, it isn't really news anymore when Donald Trump wildly diverges from the truth. He has proven himself to be a pathological liar who fabricates stories even when there is no clear advantage in doing so.

That aberrant behavior explains his latest tweet wherein he whines pitifully about not being named Time Magazine's "Person of the Year." He obviously regards it as a personal affront even though the designation is not intended to be an award of praise. Just ask prior recipient Adolf Hitler. Nevertheless, Trump's ego is mortally wounded as revealed in this hastily scribbled tweet:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/24/1718425/-Donald-Trump-is-PISSED-And-Lying-Because-He-Won-t-Be-Time-Magazine-s-Person-of-the-Year?detail=emaildkre

5a1b7c4636675_Trump_Timefaker.jpg.29169e0ac5e29f8bd0c289e5a51f7eb9.jpg

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Unfortunately for you, any thread that discusses Trump in a truthful manner will be negative about Trump. 

I don't think anyone is debating that.  The guy is a loon.  The point is did he rape anyone, lie about weapons of mass destruction, start or lose any wars?  You know, stuff that President should be impeached for. 

7 minutes ago, amvet said:

I don't think anyone is debating that.  The guy is a loon.  The point is did he rape anyone, lie about weapons of mass destruction, start or lose any wars?  You know, stuff that President should be impeached for. 

There's quite a long list of impeachable offenses that is currently being looked at.  Some Democrats are already calling for impeachment hearings.

[The Democrats charge that Trump obstructed justice when he fired FBI Director James Comey; that he has violated the Constitution’s emoluments clause by continuing to frequent and profit from his businesses; and that he has undermined the federal judiciary and freedom of the press.]

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/15/trump-impeachment-democrats-244927

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-impeachment-articles-democrats-president-711525

And then there's the constant lying.  Anyways, the Mueller investigation will get to the bottom of it. 

Let's face it even if they caught trump in bed with an underaged male Russian goat named Vladimir the current republican congress wouldn't vote to Impeach. If it's going to happen and that's a really big if it wouldn't happen before a wave midterm elections in 18.

But still it's important that Mueller continues and uncovers whatever truths it's possible to uncover.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

There's quite a long list of impeachable offenses that is currently being looked at.  Some Democrats are already calling for impeachment hearings.

[The Democrats charge that Trump obstructed justice when he fired FBI Director James Comey; that he has violated the Constitution’s emoluments clause by continuing to frequent and profit from his businesses; and that he has undermined the federal judiciary and freedom of the press.]

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/15/trump-impeachment-democrats-244927

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-impeachment-articles-democrats-president-711525

And then there's the constant lying.  Anyways, the Mueller investigation will get to the bottom of it. 

The FBI director works at the pleasure of the President so can be fired if he doesn't like his hair color.  Constitutional scholars will debate the emoluments clause for years.  He is a politician and I believe they lie more than tell the truth as a general rule (both parties). If Mueller does anything it will be to invent some wrongdoing that has nothing to do with Trump, the Presidency or harm to the USA.  Trump is a one term President and it'll be over before you know it.  If the dems start preparing a decent candidate instead of the wicked witch of the West Trump will be but a bad memory in a few short years and we can all breath a sigh of relief. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Let's face it even if they caught trump in bed with an underaged male Russian goat named Vladimir the current republican congress wouldn't vote to Impeach. If it's going to happen and that's a really big if it wouldn't happen before a wave midterm elections in 18.

But still it's important that Mueller continues and uncovers whatever truths it's possible to uncover.

I think you may be confusing Trump with the Pope but in general I think most thoughtful people including myself are in agreement with you.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Let's face it even if they caught trump in bed with an underaged male Russian goat named Vlaf the current republican congress wouldn't vote to Impeach. If it's going to happen and that's a really big if it wouldn't happen before a wave midterm elections.

Of course, you're right about the spineless Republican Congress.  The GOP will not impeach Trump unless it's in their personal interest to do so, i.e., they don't want Trump's looney base going after them.  But I'll bet every last one of them would prefer Pence over Trump.  If the Special Counsel comes back with guilty across-the-board, it would give them cover to go after Trump. 

8 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Of course, you're right about the spineless Republican Congress.  The GOP will not impeach Trump unless it's in their personal interest to do so, i.e., they don't want Trump's looney base going after them.  But I'll bet every last one of them would prefer Pence over Trump.  If the Special Counsel comes back with guilty across-the-board, it would give them cover to go after Trump. 

They overestimate his base.  No one likes Trump.  Soon everybody will wake up and realize his is President not because anyone likes him but because everyone hated his opponent.  Trump didn't get elected Hillary got defeated.  Jerry Springer would have won.  A black guy from Chicago who never had a legitimate job beat her. That should have told you something. 

7 minutes ago, amvet said:

They overestimate his base.  No one likes Trump.  Soon everybody will wake up and realize his is President not because anyone likes him but because everyone hated his opponent.  Trump didn't get elected Hillary got defeated.  Jerry Springer would have won.  A black guy from Chicago who never had a legitimate job beat her. That should have told you something. 

"because everyone hated his opponent." 

So Trump won unanimously, huh?

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

"because everyone hated his opponent." 

He won the American election using the American system of elections 304 to 227.  I'm sure they do it different on the moon but hardly relevant to American elections.  Non Americans sometimes have a difficult time understanding this.  SOK, I don't see why the UK has a royal family, absolute waste of money but that is the way they do things like the electoral system is the way Americans do things.

Just now, amvet said:

He won the American election using the American system of elections 304 to 227.  I'm sure they do it different on the moon but hardly relevant to American elections.  Non Americans sometimes have a difficult time understanding this.  SOK, I don't see why the UK has a royal family, absolute waste of money but that is the way they do things like the electoral system is the way Americans do things.

You're the one who said "everyone hated his opponent."

35 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Don't feed the troll. Use the report function. Please.

I'm commenting on another poster's opinion.  It is my opinion that Trump is easier to impeach than the democrats realize because he did not win the election Hillary lost it.  The problem is that the Democrats in power can't admit their mistake.  They could impeach Trump if they wanted to because he has little support.  A far better idea than worrying about spilled milk and trying to impeach the sitting President would be to find a candidate for the next Presidential election that does not make Americans retch.

I responded to " because everyone hated his opponent." 

If you think it is trolling to write an honest response to a post I guess that is your preoperative but I would suggest attacking what I say instead of me.  I however am used to the ad hominim approach that seems to pass for debate.  Instead of posting why you think I am trolling just call me a troll.  

I don't like Trump but think it is a waste of time to try and impeach him and call him names. Am I trolling or expressing an opinion about the topic? 

Edited by amvet

2 hours ago, amvet said:

The FBI director works at the pleasure of the President so can be fired if he doesn't like his hair color.  Constitutional scholars will debate the emoluments clause for years.  He is a politician and I believe they lie more than tell the truth as a general rule (both parties). If Mueller does anything it will be to invent some wrongdoing that has nothing to do with Trump, the Presidency or harm to the USA.  Trump is a one term President and it'll be over before you know it.  If the dems start preparing a decent candidate instead of the wicked witch of the West Trump will be but a bad memory in a few short years and we can all breath a sigh of relief. 

Speaking of which, are there any obvious and named Decs being groomed and promoted right now? 

Edited by scorecard

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

It's fun to see the beginning remarks,over time. Maybe 2020 will give the electoral and popular vote to President Trump. What are the odds! 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/for-us-presidents-odds-for-a-second-term-are-surprisingly-long

:partytime2:

It's possible for him to be reelected but I don't see him expanding his base much past 35 percent, so I'd rate his chance of winning the popular vote as almost impossible. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's possible for him to be reelected but I don't see him expanding his base much past 35 percent, so I'd rate his chance of winning the popular vote as almost impossible. 

Since the popular vote has nothing to do with who wins the election why mention it and what does it have to do with the topic impeachment?