Trump denounces Manchester attack by 'evil losers'

snoop1130

Trump denounces Manchester attack by 'evil losers'

2017-05-23T084928Z_2_LYNXMPED4M0NJ_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-PALESTINIANS.JPG

U.S. President Donald Trump attends a joint news conference with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas (not pictured) at the presidential headquarters in the West Bank town of Bethlehem, May 23, 2017. REUTERS/Mohamad Torokman

BETHLEHEM, West Bank (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump extended his condolences on Tuesday to the victims of the Manchester suicide bombing that killed 22 people and said those behind the attack were "evil losers".

Trump, speaking after talks with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the town of Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank, said the United States stands in "absolute solidarity" with the British people.

"I extend my deepest condolences to those so terribly injured in this terrorist attack, and to the many killed and the families, so many families of the victims," Trump said. "So many young, beautiful innocent people living and enjoying their lives murdered by evil losers in life."

British Prime Minister Theresa May said the incident was being treated as a terrorist attack, making it the deadliest militant assault in Britain since four British Muslims killed 52 people in suicide bombings on London's transport system in July 2005.

Police said the attacker detonated the explosives shortly after 10:33 pm (2133 GMT) at Manchester Arena, as thousands of fans streamed out of a concert by U.S. singer Ariana Grande. Children were among the dead, police said.

"Our society can have no tolerance for this continuation of bloodshed. We cannot stand a moment longer for the slaughter of innocent people," Trump said.

"The terrorists and the extremists and those who give them aid and comfort must be driven out of our society forever. This wicked ideology must be obliterated, and I mean completely obliterated."

Trump is visiting Jerusalem and West Bank on the second part of his maiden foreign trip since taking office in January. Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also condemned the Manchester attack.

(Reporting by Ari Rabinovitch; Editing by Jeffrey Heller and Ralph Boulton)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-5-23

I don't agree with calling them losers.

trump is a bizarre person and his long standing pattern is to insult others with the things he most fears being himself.

Losing is clearly one of trump's key fears. 

Losers refers to people like your couch surfing pot smoking uncle that could never hold a steady job. 

Losers are quite often cute and lovable.

Losers is simply the WRONG WORD here. 

What this terrorist did was PURE EVIL.

Edited by Jingthing

"The terrorists and the extremists and those who give them aid and comfort must be driven out of our society forever. This wicked ideology must be obliterated, and I mean completely obliterated."

Donald might just be the man to do it too!!

Just now, LennyW said:

"The terrorists and the extremists and those who give them aid and comfort must be driven out of our society forever. This wicked ideology must be obliterated, and I mean completely obliterated.

Donald might just be the man to do it too!!

If he's not the man, there is nobody else who fits the bill.  Most western leaders are so politically correct they can't/won't utter the words 'islamic terrorism', much less do anything about it.

Interestingly the same suspects emerge to criticize...........  this time his use of words!  To some, I'm sure he folds toilet paper incorrectly.  Now there's news.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Just now, KarenBravo said:

Maybe being a "loser" is one of the reasons that they get radicalized?

There's some merit in what you say KB.

Politicians use what they see as the more politically correct, 'disenfranchised', thereby making their own countries whipping boys for minority groups.

Edited by F4UCorsair

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't agree with calling them losers.

trump is a bizarre person and his long standing pattern is to insult others with the things he most fears being himself.

Losing is clearly one of trump's key fears. 

Losers refers to people like your couch surfing pot smoking uncle that could never hold a steady job. 

Losers are quite often cute and lovable.

Losers is simply the WRONG WORD here. 

What this terrorist did was PURE EVIL.

I gave you a like for handling a delicate subject in a excellent manner. I thought it best to not throw stones at Trump at this time of immense pain and suffering due to his choice of words. 

I am not a Trump fan, but whoever wrote this speech for him just about got it right.

I applaud his words more so as he is in the "hot area" at the moment.

He is quite right in saying that these barbarians kill in the name of Islam.

Muslims around the world basically only give it lip service & do nothing to help.

The funding for these brutal attacks is still sourced from places like Saudi Arabia who shrug their shoulders 

& behind closed doors maybe even laugh about it.

If Trump can get these Islamic countries to really cooperate with reducing the brain washing & financing

I say we should applaud him & give him our support (at least on this issue anyway)

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

There's some merit in what you say KB.

Politicians use what they see as the more politically correct, 'disenfranchised', thereby making their own countries whipping boys for minority groups.

Over the years politicians comments have stirred me when these terrible moments in history came and went. Today I am a bit more suspect of their comments and my heart just fills up with sadness for more than one reason.