Tiny hands, big heart: Internet hands it to state worker picking up trash in flood with bare hands

snoop1130

Tiny hands, big heart: Internet hands it to state worker picking up trash in flood with bare hands

By Coconuts Bangkok

65.JPG

Photo: Daily News

On a gloomy day when Bangkokians tried to rush home to avoid floodwater and traffic, this woman made a small, but meaningful attempt to ease the city’s flood problem.

On Saturday, Facebook user Yongyuth Khunta Kritsaditadapong shared a video and photos that warmed the hearts of many netizens, as he ran into a state worker who stood in the flooded Ngamwongwan Road and tirelessly picked up leaves and garbage that had clogged the drain.

“Tiny hands, but a big heart — This is the event I remain most impressed with today, and I’m so impressed that I can’t keep these images to myself,” Yongyuth wrote.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/tiny-hands-big-heart-internet-hands-state-worker-picking-trash-flood-bare-hands/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-5-29

Kudos to the guy, and I hope he serves as an example for others.

But I'm worried that next week, we'll be reading about a similar guy (same guy?) who drowns after being swept into a manhole where the cover has been missing for weeks.