Student loan borrowers warned to settle debts within July 5 or face legal actions

webfact

Student loan borrowers warned to settle debts within July 5 or face legal actions

sl.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three million student loan borrowers have been warned to settle their debts with the Student Loan Fund for Education within July 5 or face fines and possible lawsuits.

The warning was issued by Ms Duangkhae Tantiyapong, deputy manager of the Fund, who said that the Fund needs the repayments so that it can lend to new students who need the loans so they can study.

Ms Duangkhae said that borrowers settle their debts more conveniently these days through online service by logging into the Fund’s website, www.studentloan.or.th , to check the amounts of debts they are to settle and to settle their debts through postal service and banks such as Islamic Bank, Krung Thai Bank, LH Bank, Siam Commercial Bank, Ayudhya Bank and Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives.

She said that the Fund would warn the borrowers through text messages or e-mails.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/student-loan-borrowers-warned-settle-debts-within-july-5-face-legal-actions/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-02

problem in Thailand is the lack of willingness to repay a loan, they seem to think that if they dont make payments or move away from their original address they can get away with it or that it never has to be paid back. Taking responsibility for what they do is a totally foreign concept for them, would be different to actually see them make these people repay what they owe for a change, bet they all have the latest iphone etc but claim lack of funds

15 minutes ago, seajae said:

problem in Thailand is the lack of willingness to repay a loan, they seem to think that if they dont make payments or move away from their original address they can get away with it or that it never has to be paid back. Taking responsibility for what they do is a totally foreign concept for them, would be different to actually see them make these people repay what they owe for a change, bet they all have the latest iphone etc but claim lack of funds

I dated a girl who complained about having to pay back for a car she bought. "Every month I pay more 10,000 baht. Every month! Cannot miss payment!"

I sometimes begin to think it's me who lives in my own tiny little world. Most people I meet seem to live in the other one so it must be bigger.