Russian tourist found hanged at Phuket hotel

webfact

Russian tourist found hanged at Phuket hotel

Eakkapop Thongtub

1496391620_1-org.jpg

In the room was a plastic shopping bag branded in Russian language containing a second bundle of brand-new, recently purchased rope matching the rope used for the hanging. Photo: Tourist Police

PHUKET: -- A Russian tourist was found hanged in a guestroom at an upscale resort in Nai Yang, on Phuket’s northwest coast, late yesterday afternoon (June 1).

Staff at the resort notified the Sakoo Police of the man’s death at 5:40pm.

Lt Thanakarn Auchanaratsamee of the Sakoo Police and Maikhao rescue workers arrived to find the man hanged with a rope tied to the bathroom door handle on one side and looped over the top the door then tied around his neck.

Staff explained that the 42-year-old man* checked in to the hotel alone on Monday (May 29) and was to check out yesterday, but he did not.

“A room maid could not get inside the room for cleaning as the door was locked from the inside,” Lt Thanakarn reported.

“We opened the room next to his and accessed his room via the balcony, and found the man hanged.”

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-tourist-found-hanged-at-phuket-hotel-62424.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-06-02

So, a second rope was present!  He may have booked in alone, but that doesn't mean anything.  Maybe it was the intention to perform a murder/suicide, but the tables got turned.  He may well have been the innocent party.

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

So, a second rope was present!  He may have booked in alone, but that doesn't mean anything.  Maybe it was the intention to perform a murder/suicide, but the tables got turned.  He may well have been the innocent party.

Maybe bought a French made rope in a Russian sport shop?

43 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

Maybe he was sucked in by the tat advetising but couldnt deal with the reality when he arrived....

Always feel very sad for someone who takes this final step.The mental torture must be unreal. Poor fellah.

Some sit on social media all day and bleat about how things are so bad.

This poor soul took an alternative route.

If I was somewhere that was so bad I'd move but then again many do not possess any real intestinal fortitude or backbone.

Must be awful succumbing to such weakness of character. 

Thankfully the majority just get on and make the best of things

15 minutes ago, Fulwell53 said:

Always feel very sad for someone who takes this final step.The mental torture must be unreal. Poor fellah.

If I was somewhere that was so bad I'd move but then again many do not possess any real intestinal fortitude or backbone.

Maybe he was sick and only some days left. Imho it is better to choose by yourself the way you take the exit from this life as long as you can.

Btw the chances are not too bad that his next life will be better.

Don't judge if you never walked in his shoes!

Edited by schlog

2 hours ago, bsdthai said:

Maybe he was sucked in by the tat advetising but couldnt deal with the reality when he arrived....

and brought the rope with him just in case he was as disappointed with the reality, hard to fathom this one but hopefully the TV super sleuths will enlighten us with a credible conclusion.:smile:

1 hour ago, Fulwell53 said:

I'm glad that at least you feel for the guy.

But after that you get way out of line .

If someone commits suicide [in your opinion] they are weak in character, and gutless?

Really?

Totally wrong!!

90% of people who suicide have some form of mental illness.

One of the the results of this is that your brain is telling you that you are better off dead.

In that situation it doesn't matter where you 'move to'  if only it was that easy, but its not.

Result?...as we see, far too many similar to this guy.

Edited by happyas

Upset the Russian Mafia maybe? Or where there any Lady boys hanging around? Throwing people over balconies more their style than hanging The police will never find out the truth because the people at the front desk  probaly received there brown envelops to keep quiet

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Upset the Russian Mafia maybe? Or where there any Lady boys hanging around? Throwing people over balconies more their style than hanging The police will never find out the truth because the people at the front desk  probaly received there brown envelops to keep quiet

You, my friend, need professional help.

A man has passed away, most likely by his own hand, and you have to bring in pathetic stereotype statements. Surprised you didn't mention the Burmese .

Hang your head in shame.

On 6/2/2017 at 4:30 PM, tracker1 said:

Why come to the Land of Smiles to do yourself in ? any chance there is a serial killer getting about ?

I would imagine there are dozens of serial killers running around Thailand....

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

You, my friend, need professional help.

A man has passed away, most likely by his own hand, and you have to bring in pathetic stereotype statements. Surprised you didn't mention the Burmese .

Hang your head in shame.

Lol Land of corruption anything goes these days But the Russian Mafia real business my friend ok

8 hours ago, Fulwell53 said:

Man, your reply started off empathetic then it got insensitive. People kill themselves because (to their addled brains) it is the only relief in sight from the psychic torture.

"Wherever you go, there you are." You can't outrun that stuff and that's why it's so damn scary. Check out Styron's book Darkness Visible for a play-by-play of the hell of mental illness.

My life is hell where I live, maybe it will be better somewhere else. I think this is a normal way of thinking these days. Maybe no job, lost his children in divorce, no friends, war vet with some heavy mental baggage or even a poor upbringing. Then you get here, see its is not that great at all, and meet some girl/guy that lies to you and you take your life.

Hope he is in a better place, we all have to go there eventually.

On 6/3/2017 at 1:05 PM, happyas said:

I'm glad that at least you feel for the guy.

But after that you get way out of line .

If someone commits suicide [in your opinion] they are weak in character, and gutless?

Really?

Totally wrong!!

90% of people who suicide have some form of mental illness.

One of the the results of this is that your brain is telling you that you are better off dead.

In that situation it doesn't matter where you 'move to'  if only it was that easy, but its not.

Result?...as we see, far too many similar to this guy.

Totally agree with you on this and one of the things that has to be considered is the fact that it's all very well to suggest that he should do this, or do that, but people who get to this stage do not have any logical or rational thought processes – – i.e. they cannot think things through and as you quite rightly say in many instances death may well be the option chosen because it seems best.

Weakness of character really doesn't come into the equation because a disturbed mind (one way or another) can affect young and old, weak and strong, academically brilliant or not as the case may be, and so on.

As schlog has said, "don't judge if you have never walked in his shoes".

On Saturday, June 03, 2017 at 5:58 PM, saakura said:

Buy one coil of rope and get one for free could explain the 2 ropes?

Or the 2nd was a safety rope in case the first failed. He obviously planned his actions and gave consideration to redundancy.

48 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

There was no photo of his Mrs.

But most of us have felt like that at some stage due to the old bag. If she wont accept your gift no use wasting it.

Edited by Reigntax

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Totally agree with you on this and one of the things that has to be considered is the fact that it's all very well to suggest that he should do this, or do that, but people who get to this stage do not have any logical or rational thought processes – – i.e. they cannot think things through and as you quite rightly say in many instances death may well be the option chosen because it seems best.

Weakness of character really doesn't come into the equation because a disturbed mind (one way or another) can affect young and old, weak and strong, academically brilliant or not as the case may be, and so on.

As schlog has said, "don't judge if you have never walked in his shoes".

I support an old mate who has clinical depression,and i can see he lives in hell and i have learnt a lot about this terrible illness.

Basically there are 3 reasons for people to suicide;

One is that there are sick and tired of being sick and tired [both mentally and physically]and there is no end in sight to the pain and suffering and then the depression convinces them that death is a far better option[and it often is]

2nd reason is that the person often feels that he/she is a huge burden on family and friends [and it surely is at times] and again the brain convinces them that they would be doing the supporters a favour by dieing.

3rd is when a person has been deserted by these friends and family [and this is very common] the brain tells kill yourself as a "type of payback" to  these people that the victim feels let down by, to make them feel the pain and dispair that the victim had been feeling themselves.

Very sad and much mis understood are ,esp people with severe depression.

To call them gutless is nothing short of disgusting!!