Power cuts

dick dasterdly

No essential industry in Phuket and the majority of the resorts and hotels have their own generators 

They do not seem to care if us ordinary people have power or not or how long there is no power supply

They could always work on the main power lines between 1AM and 6AM if they wanted to like in developed countries, but its not going to happen anytime soon  

5 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

<snip>

They could always work on the main power lines between 1AM and 6AM if they wanted to like in developed countries, but its not going to happen anytime soon  

I don't think 1AM to 6AM is a good idea. Then no power for home lights, no cooling fan or AC.

Also it's harder for the technicians to work in the dark, yes they have flood lights but it's not the same as day light.

12 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

My point was that long power cuts are more frequent recently.

Over the last few years only a couple, but 4 in the last 2 weeks!

Do you live near Chalong as much work on power lines moving for new underpass.

Couple of years ago when new lines being installed up Patak  road we had all days cuts at least 1 day every week for many months.

25 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

My point was that long power cuts are more frequent recently.

Over the last few years only a couple, but 4 in the last 2 weeks!

You've been very lucky if thats the case (IMO)

24 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Do you live near Chalong as much work on power lines moving for new underpass.

Couple of years ago when new lines being installed up Patak  road we had all days cuts at least 1 day every week for many months.

Yes, I live on the Chalong 'side' of Rawai (edit - although not near Chalong Circle)- but the work has been going on for the last 2 years or so, why has it suddenly become an issue when it comes to power-cuts?

Edited by dick dasterdly

24 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yes, I live on the Chalong 'side' of Rawai (edit - although not near Chalong Circle)- but the work has been going on for the last 2 years or so, why has it suddenly become an issue when it comes to power-cuts?

So do we, I estimate over the last 2 yrs we've probably had 20+ power cuts of the expected and unexpected type.