Shock UK exit poll suggests Britain's May fails to win majority

webfact

21 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Thats what happens when you put your support behind lunatics like UKIP and right wing EU sceptic Tories ... unintended consequences.

This country works reasonably well from the centre ground, but when you get extreme right or extreme left you can be sure it will end badly. 

So please tell me what is in store for the future. :biggrin:

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

So please tell me what is in store for the future. :biggrin:

A mess. If there is another election soon I think Corbyn's momentum together with a more United party might just get him in number 10. And that might happen if the Tories cannot present an agreed approach to Brexit. Business wants access to the single market, as do many Tories, but that might well involve a compromise on free movement ... something the more toxic eurosceptics will find hard to swallow. Sad to say I think they will tear their party apart over this. 

The vote reflected the people's wishes.The electorate didn't want a huge Tory majority.

Corbyn is a staunch Republican but he didn't press home that point nearly enough for me.

If he, and his inner circle, had been braver he might be in No 10 now.

Most people these days are no longer influenced by the lies and distortion of the tabloid press. They went to town on the "terrorists' friend" right up to election day. To very little effect. And now May is cosying up to an extreme right party with a paramilitary arm. Oh, the irony.

I agree. The days of the tabloids having any real influence are well gone thank god. It is the age of social media and the Tories were caught cold on that front.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

If he, and his inner circle, had been braver he might be in No 10 now

Cons 318 seats. 

Lab 262 seats. 

Lib 12 seats.

SNP 35 seats. 

Welsh 4 seats.

N. Ireland 18 seats.

Green 1 seat.

How would he have done that.

50 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The vote reflected the people's wishes.The electorate didn't want a huge Tory majority.

Corbyn is a staunch Republican but he didn't press home that point nearly enough for me.

If he, and his inner circle, had been braver he might be in No 10 now.

You are so right Wolfie.

Citizen_smith.jpg

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

When the election was called Labour was way, way behind. If he had then really gone for it (not to repeat an earlier extensive post) like 'abolishing the house of lords and curtailing the Royal family's - especially Prince Charles' -  privileges, he might have done even better. After all it was predicted to be a 'Labour annihilation' or a 'massive Tory majority'. He had nothing to lose.

Edited by owl sees all
inappropriate content

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

When the election was called Labour was way, way behind. If he had then really gone for it (not to repeat an earlier extensive post) like 'abolishing the house of lords and curtailing the Royal family's - especially Prince Charles' -  privileges, he might have done even better. after all it was predicted to be a 'Labour annihilation' or a 'massive Tory majority'. He had nothing to lose.

Oh dear, you have it bad, do you think that the UK is anti royalist. 

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Oh dear, you have it bad, do you think that the UK is anti royalist. 

Well Corbyn is anti-royalist and he didn't press that home enough for me. He didn't have to say he would do away with Royalty (not just now anyway), just start with a few details like House of Lords demolition and unfair royal privileges.

Most of my circle back in the UK would like to see Britain become a Republic.

23 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well Corbyn is anti-royalist and he didn't press that home enough for me. He didn't have to say he would do away with Royalty (not just now anyway), just start with a few details like House of Lords demolition and unfair royal privileges.

Most of my circle back in the UK would like to see Britain become a Republic.

Nothing like a circle to inform analysis. The other scientific analysis is to use an ouija board.

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Nothing like a circle to inform analysis. The other scientific analysis is to use an ouija board.

Your political views are different to mine. And that is good.

If you would actually like to debate something I am here for you. But you had better know your stuff.

11 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Your political views are different to mine. And that is good.

If you would actually like to debate something I am here for you. But you had better know your stuff.

Look into my eyes and say 'stuff'.

corbyn image.jpg

Edited by SheungWan

22 hours ago, evadgib said:

COR-Blimey was even asked by Andrew Marr to ask Adams & Co to take their seats in Westminster in order to cancel out DUP's support for the Tories yesterday :shock1:

SINN Fein’s seven MPs will fly into London today to take up their Commons offices – sparking Tory fears they may try to wreck the Prime Minister’s wafer thin majority.

The Sun can also reveal the Irish Republican party have refused to rule out taking their seats for the first time to vote through a Labour Queen’s Speech if Jeremy Corbyn offered them a referendum on unifying Ireland.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3786046/sinn-feins-mps-fly-to-london-to-take-up-their-westminster-offices-sparking-fears-they-will-wreck-plans-for-a-tory-dup-majority/

Edited by evadgib

On ‎12‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 5:40 PM, nontabury said:

Perhaps that's the reason there are so many latch-key children. Do you honestly think they are of benefit  to society.

No, but I also believe people shouldn't have children if they can't afford for one parent to take time off work till they are school age. I had a male friends did that- brought up very well behaved children.

Having children isn't a necessity in western societies any more.

23 hours ago, AlexRich said:

They are on benefits because they want to be ... and the reason that they wanted rid of immigrants is not because of jobs, it was because they didn't like them competing for free stuff ... the 16 year old pregnant mum can't get her council flat for bloody asylum seekers!

Don't get me started on kids bringing up kids. Worst thing that ever happened, IMO.

I knew an unmarried mum that had a house ( I couldn't afford one ) and a better car than me, all paid for by mugs like me.

23 hours ago, vogie said:

Another fact for you, if the election was today, Labour would win. Todays polls Labour 45% Tories 39%. 

If that is so, Britain is well on the path to doom.

It's just politicians competing to see who can give more goodies to the voters, and the people sticking their hands out. National debt; what's that?

22 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I agree. The days of the tabloids having any real influence are well gone thank god. It is the age of social media and the Tories were caught cold on that front.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

the age of social media

May the deity help us- millions of people all spreading rumours.

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Cons 318 seats. 

Lab 262 seats. 

Lib 12 seats.

SNP 35 seats. 

Welsh 4 seats.

N. Ireland 18 seats.

Green 1 seat.

At least the Greens were apparently seen to be the irrelevance they are. I'm surprised that they fooled enough people to get one seat though.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

At least the Greens were apparently seen to be the irrelevance they are. I'm surprised that they fooled enough people to get one seat though.

Apparently she has a big family, I think it's all them greens she eats, some say you can smell them from miles away, especially when their celebrating a birthday or a christening.

8 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Some guys spend their lives supporting a team that regularly loses by the odd goal and console themselves it wasn't a landslide.

I think Caroline Lucas maybe Prime Minister before I can come up with an answer to that.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that is so, Britain is well on the path to doom.

It's just politicians competing to see who can give more goodies to the voters, and the people sticking their hands out. National debt; what's that?

But the Tories are more biblical in their approach to giving

"To them that have much, even more shall be given

To them that have little, even that shall be taken away"

Edited by ilostmypassword

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No, but I also believe people shouldn't have children if they can't afford for one parent to take time off work till they are school age. I had a male friends did that- brought up very well behaved children.

Having children isn't a necessity in western societies any more.

Until they are school age. Should't you have said " until they are old enough to leave school"  The majority of latch key kids are at school, or are supposed to be at school.