Pattaya sex raids end in farce as someone was tipped off!

webfact

Pattaya sex raids end in farce as someone was tipped off!

7pm.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- Military and police were left with red faces after a big raid on the illegal sex industry turn up absolutely nothing.

In fact the establishments that had been complained about as a "danger to tourism" were all shut up after a tip off that the authorities were on their way.

Members of the public had earlier complained to government watchdog Damrongtham about the area behind the Esso Station in Sukhumvit Road being a center for sex and drugs.

They had even said that the area risked damaging tourism.

But when the raiding party arrived all the lights were off and everything was shut up for the night.

The area - known as Nakata - was all quiet leading to the raiders going home early.

The raid - led by a newbie at the job and military man Thatsanai Prathumthong - was meant to be a round up of foreign girls selling sex and teens taking drugs in line with PM Prayut's policies.

Thatsanai tried to put a brave face on the evening - saying he would be back again and again if necessary.

Earlier in the evening three raids on karaoke establishments and a Go-Go bar had similarly found nothing.

The raiders checked licenses, staff and upstairs rooms at Ruam Pheuan Karaoke, Gig Bar and Madda Bar in South Pattaya.

Everything was in order but undeterred the raiding party then headed for Nakata - where the failure of the night's work was confirmed.

The authorities said that someone had tipped the bars off.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-09

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

Helooooo, is someone lost his minds there? this IS what most of tourists

comes for, and those who can't, wish they could if only they can get away

from the missus/girlfriend long enough....

Where do they get the idea that Pattaya is still just a sex tourist destination from............:sad:

It has just been reinvented as a world class family resort so there should be no need to carry out these ridiculous raids anymore  :whistling:

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

You coudnt make this up if you tried.

Big boss not wanting his retirement fund f==== up, so got on the phone.

Now now colin,don,t suggest there,s corruption here in the Pattaya police please..........:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

What a joke!

How many genuine tourists would stumble to this shabby area?

And those who read about in the (s)expert sources were warned that foreigners should "walk with caution".

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

What a joke!

How many genuine tourists would stumble to this shabby area?

And those who read about in the (s)expert sources were warned that foreigners should "walk with caution".

Actually KhunBENQ its a well establish "drive through" type of place,mainly for thais but..................not uncommon for a few farangs to see whats on offer of course,that is what I,ve been told anyhow :cheesy:

28 minutes ago, petermik said:

Actually KhunBENQ its a well establish "drive through" type of place,mainly for thais but..................not uncommon for a few farangs to see whats on offer of course,that is what I,ve been told anyhow :cheesy:

And your recommendation is?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

establishments that had been complained about as a "danger to tourism

I first thought this is about jet ski rentals, mini van and tour bus operators, speed boat operators, or at least illegal clinics,- what a surprise.

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Where do they get the idea that Pattaya is still just a sex tourist destination from............:sad:

It has just been reinvented as a world class family resort so there should be no need to carry out these ridiculous raids anymore  :whistling:

No no, they have re-reinvented themselves as a sports tourism destination. 
Nothing as wonderful as taking a deep breath down beach road and tasting the sweet odor of exhaust fumes.

WOW,that will earn someone big Envelope for tipping them off.I think all mobile phones of those involved in the raid should be examined in order to find out who the culprit is.

Raids must be on unknown location for all the raiding party except 2 or 3 high ranked officers.Last minute move will surprise everyone.?

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Now now colin,don,t suggest there,s corruption here in the Pattaya police please..........:thumbsup:

No, no corruption in the Pattaya police, you know what the bossman said, the Lt Gen or Col, or something, "My boys got awarded new motorbikes for their service

to Pattaya, or something like that. :cheesy:

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Helooooo, is someone lost his minds there? this IS what most of tourists

comes for, and those who can't, wish they could if only they can get away

from the missus/girlfriend long enough....

I seriously doubt most of the tourists that come to Thailand are Johns looking to shag hookers.  Yeah, there's a lot of these types, but Can't imagine they make up the majority in terms of tourist numbers.  I think that is just a view held by sex-tourists and sex-pats who seem to think that every other Western male in Thailand is the same as them.  They cant seem to get their head around the fact that there are actually people that don't like the idea of going with a hooker. 

2 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

I seriously doubt most of the tourists that come to Thailand are Johns looking to shag hookers.  Yeah, there's a lot of these types, but Can't imagine they make up the majority in terms of tourist numbers.  I think that is just a view held by sex-tourists and sex-pats who seem to think that every other Western male in Thailand is the same as them.  They cant seem to get their head around the fact that there are actually people that don't like the idea of going with a hooker. 

But even these serious tourists with their families, they tend to look at what the hype is all about and some of those men wonder off alone to investigate a bit closer.

6 hours ago, petermik said:

And some beautiful temples I am sure.

I've actually been a tourist to Pattaya and would never have thought to take a tour of what is behind a/any gas station. Next visit I guess I should pay more attention to gas stations and their environs; tourists miss a lot just because we don't know. Sort of good for the authorities to indirectly advise tourist that behind a gas station is a place tourist ought to be visiting.

59 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I've actually been a tourist to Pattaya and would never have thought to take a tour of what is behind a/any gas station. Next visit I guess I should pay more attention to gas stations and their environs; tourists miss a lot just because we don't know. Sort of good for the authorities to indirectly advise tourist that behind a gas station is a place tourist ought to be visiting.

Yes, yes and yes again. I have seen all the temples. On my next visit I will hang around gas-stations along Sukhumvit to find out what's on offer outside of gas and lubricants.
I can see myself as a "trail-blazer", as far as new tourist-attractions are concerned.
Cheers.

6 hours ago, Emster23 said:

"... the area behind the Esso Station in Sukhumvit Road ..." yeah, very popular tourist spot, in all the guide books.

Nothing at all like pristine walking street.

Well now every (S)expert knows of this secret place now.

Bet it will be busy tonight, you will not be able to move for all the Chinese tour groups...