Aussie Man attacked by gang of Thais

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the total lack of any corroborating evidence, it's anybody's guess what really happened to the drunken, loudmouthed old codger.  Likely as not he was roughed up by an indignant ladyboy for stumbling off without paying for services rendered.  Nobody here can offer any evidence to the contrary, it's all speculation, so believe whatever suits you.  I rather like my version of events :-)

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

certainly not his fault .. and I didn't say it was his fault ,  however being street wise and country savy ....   why put yourself in a position that could entice a robbery or similar.

Would you do that in Venezuela or Africa   ?    I sure as hell wouldn't ....

It can happen anytime of the day or night, Wherever u are, so it's not about being streetwise or so called country savy.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

silly old coot,   out at 2.00am drunk and alone .....  

list of must do's  ...

never drink alone ....   refrain from drunken binges early into the morning ...

are you kidding? am out till 4, 5,6, 7, 8 am on my 2 week millionaire binges.

never had any problem…..this is madness.

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

How d'you know he didn't sleep until midnight before he went out?

"How d'you know he didn't sleep until midnight before he went out?" ....... we don't, and herein lies the problem with this story, we don't really know much at all. The only verifiable fact is that he walked into a Police station with injuries and claimed to have been attacked by a gang, everything else is conjecture.

However, I don't think that it an unreasonable assumption that a man leaving a bar where he has been drinking at 2am, is "Elephants Trunk" to some greater or lesser degree. ???✌️

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

list of must do's  ...

What was he thinking!  Doesn't he know the procedure in Pattaya.

1/ Going home at 2.00am while you can still walk is amateur stuff.

2/ To go home without a bargirl or two is negligent at best

3/  To go home and not be stripped down to your boxers for the journey shows a lack of respect for good old Pattaya traditions.

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

What was he thinking!  Doesn't he know the procedure in Pattaya.

1/ Going home at 2.00am while you can still walk is amateur stuff.

2/ To go home without a bargirl or two is negligent at best

3/  To go home and not be stripped down to your boxers for the journey shows a lack of respect for good old Pattaya traditions.

that's a good one ... lol

Maybe the old guy was shirtless, but it was still not a reason to beat him up, there is never an excuse for four to one.

I am in Pattaya just now, and I notice it is nearly always the old guys who are the shirtless morons, one wonders why they want to show their old ugly bodies off.

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

There is also the possibility that someone in  the bar may have slipped something into his drink, which caused him to act in the manner that he did

I would doubt that very much, drugging peoples drink is usually done with the intent of robbing them, not to make anyone get mouthy or upset any one leading to violence.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

Get down off your high horse there boy ....  I'm not saying it's his fault,  i'm simply saying it pays to be sensible and safe ....   sure the attackers are scum as far as i'm concerned ...  but what initiated the attack ?  there are always two sides to every story ..... not saying either way ....  just saying there are ways to minimize the risk of robbery or similar ...   now have you had your rant today ... lol

"But what initiated the attack?"

Well, personally, I think that this 64 year-old guy spotted these 4 Thai guys hanging around and thought "I think I'll have a bit of fun and beat them all up" and the reason the police can not trace the Thai guys is that they have not looked in the right place......you know, the local hospital, where they are all in intensive care.

53 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Maybe the old guy was shirtless, but it was still not a reason to beat him up, there is never an excuse for four to one.

I am in Pattaya just now, and I notice it is nearly always the old guys who are the shirtless morons, one wonders why they want to show their old ugly bodies off.

Who said he was shirtless ...... the photo clearly shows him wearing a shirt 

...... and who said it was 4 on to 1 ...... where did you get this information, because it is not in the story and there were no witnesses 

are you kidding? am out till 4, 5,6, 7, 8 am on my 2 week millionaire binges.

never had any problem…..this is madness.

Ditto. The way people bang on here about not going out late at night., drinking blah blah like a bunch of old women.
Been coming here for years, drink and out all hours never a hint of trouble from any Thais whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Who said he was shirtless ...... the photo clearly shows him wearing a shirt 

...... and who said it was 4 on to 1 ...... where did you get this information, because it is not in the story and there were no witnesses 

Calm down matey, you are getting yourself all worked up. Nobody knows what really happened, posters are just making suggestions.  Anyway, he could have put his shirt back on again. Ok, so maybe it was not four, may three, five or six, or more, if it really happened at all. Like many other posters on this thread, I am only making suggestions.

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

certainly not his fault .. and I didn't say it was his fault ,  however being street wise and country savy ....   why put yourself in a position that could entice a robbery or similar.

Would you do that in Venezuela or Africa   ?    I sure as hell wouldn't ....

It was so silly of us to think Thailand was safer than Africa or Venezuela.

And drunk in a bar area , in a tourist place seems normal and those places should be taken care of by the police.

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

list of must do's  ...

So, you think only Thai people should be allowed to do this?

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Calm down matey, you are getting yourself all worked up. Nobody knows what really happened, posters are just making suggestions.  Anyway, he could have put his shirt back on again. Ok, so maybe it was not four, may three, five or six, or more, if it really happened at all. Like many other posters on this thread, I am only making suggestions.

I did not say anything that would indicate that I am getting myself all worked up, or that I need to calm down; or is this your default response to anyone that points out that you are just posting baseless, speculative assumptions.

9 hours ago, nasanews said:

There must be a reason for him to be attacked by bunch of street boys, maybe he yelled at them or something.

Maybe a gang initiation rite; show they got the nerve to attack a falang?

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I did not say anything that would indicate that I am getting myself all worked up, or that I need to calm down; or is this your default response to anyone that points out that you are just posting baseless, speculative assumptions.

We will just agree to disagree on this.

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

Not a good example, because a bomb attack did happened on London bridge , there is no disputing that .

What is disputable is whether this guy got attacked for no reason , as many posters have walked along that route and have not been attacked for no reason

For the record, I too have staggered down that very same route late at night and not been a victim of serious crime. So what? It's irrelevant. You don't see me boasting about it and rubbing the victim's nose in it. What is relevant is whether you believe every victim reporting a crime in Pattaya is distorting the truth, concocting lies or is in someway responsible for his or her own injuries.

Besides, there have been plenty of reports of attacks down Beach Road late at night. This is hardly a first for Pattaya. Also there's nothing to indicate that this same gang hasn't been operating elsewhere and that their presence on Beach Road on that particular night was an opportunistic one, a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time for our Australian friend. 

Clearly, this victim hasn't received the same sort of worldwide media coverage and scrutiny as London's recent terror attack. Nor has he benefited from a CrimeScope forensics lab or CCTV footage analysis, but that doesn't mean his account of what happened is any less valid. Just because the journalistic abilities of Pattaya One are not as thorough in their investigations as a U.K. paper, that's hardly the victim's fault, now is it? 

Edited by Senior Player

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

list of must do's  ...

My mate tried that on me over breakfast one morning, then I found out he was messing with a LadyBoy, silly bugger, did him for $750 cash and his iPhone 5 from his hotel room, although he didn't have any physical bruising or bleeding, must have been a good rumble though, would have loved to have been a fly on the wall..lol