London/Finsbury Park: 'Several hurt' as vehicle hits pedestrians

webfact

Just now, Mosha said:

Well Sadiq Khan, I suppose you'll be telling the victims that living in a city like London, they have to expect this kind of thing.

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Exactly He has been quite quiet about this I wonder why?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Well Sadiq Khan, I suppose you'll be telling the victims that living in a city like London, they have to expect this kind of thing.

:cheesy::cheesy: stranger things have happened 

12 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I will have to disagree on you with this view. The UK and its liberal, left wing view and trying to appease everyone would not be hardline. The only place I have seen a hard line policy on community diversity that worked, is Saudi Arabia. They simply don't allow any other religions and other cultures to flourish or practice. Its their way or the high way.

Islam and the modern world are not compatible when you have equality and freedom of rights and speech. It is an idealistic view that hasn't worked and we are no seeing that clearly more than ever.

Its a good question as to why various governments thought it a good idea to allow institutions/practises entirely against uk 'norms'....

But that's a question for another thread.

This thread is about yet more innocent people being killed because they were (yet again), easy targets:sad:.

31 minutes ago, coulson said:

Yes they can, and do, it's all about management. Making a hard line policy on community diversity and even harder line on enforcing the law seems to have worked.

https://www.fairobserver.com/region/asia_pacific/how-to-overcome-racial-tensions-55645/

Didn't read the article as I'm becoming a bit wary about unknown web pages!  But I agree with the general point.

Not that this excuses this terrorist attack on innocent people.

Politicians over the last few decades are responsible for this mess.

29 minutes ago, Caps said:
32 minutes ago, Mosha said:

:cheesy::cheesy: stranger things have happened 

Actual context: London mayor says being prepared for terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city. Further: 'Mr Khan was elected as Mayor in May and quickly appointed former Met Police Authority chair Lord Harris to review London’s terrorist attack response'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sadiq-khan-london-mayor-terrorism-attacks-part-and-parcel-major-cities-new-york-bombing-a7322846.html

Perhaps between working with the Police and emergency services, the Mayor was again disrupted by another purposeful misquote in a tweet by a world leader, similarly trying to make political capital during a tragedy...

21 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Didn't read the article as I'm becoming a bit wary about unknown web pages!  But I agree with the general point.

Not that this excuses this terrorist attack on innocent people.

Politicians over the last few decades are responsible for this mess.

Easily led stupid people who swallow religious teachings of all types and are easily brainwashed into believing the idea of life after death, and I mean all religions, are to blame for most of the death and destruction around the world.

I want to make it very clear, given what I am going to say next, that I am in no way racist, or have any issue with any religions.

Terrorism, emanating from extremist Muslims has been plaguing us for years. Today, someone has taken a strike back. Not one I agree with.

The Muslim Council of Britain has issued a statement saying, " we expect the authorities to increase security outside mosques as a matter of urgency. "

My question is Why? Why just Mosques? Why not Churches too? Or Synagogues? Or Concert venues? Everyone should be treated equally.

Given the number of incidents targeting non Muslims, the likelihood is the next attack is probably more likely to be against them again.

Especially since today's incident could well instigate a reaction from some fringe lunatic Muslims.

The statement goes on to say " "Muslim communities have been calling for increased action to tackle the growth in hate crime for many years and transformative action must now be taken to tackle not only this incident but the hugely worrying growth in Islamophobia."

No mention that the rest of us have been hugely worrying about the growth in terrorism.

Had the Muslim community been seen to do significantly more to identify extremists, or more to make a collective stand promoting integration, acceptance of their host countries values and utterly condemn extremism, they may well not have the Islamophobia to deal with in the first place.

I realise the overwhelming majority are law abiding and peaceful people, but the backlash today has been brewing for a long time.

If Muslims want to be accepted and respected, they need to work for that, and be seen to be doing so significantly more.

Edited by darksidedog

Just now, overherebc said:

Easily led stupid people who swallow religious teachings of all types and are easily brainwashed into believing the idea of life after death, and I mean all religions, are to blame for most of the death and destruction around the world.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment - If only it was that simple!

Actual context: London mayor says being prepared for terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city. Further: 'Mr Khan was elected as Mayor in May and quickly appointed former Met Police Authority chair Lord Harris to review London’s terrorist attack response'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sadiq-khan-london-mayor-terrorism-attacks-part-and-parcel-major-cities-new-york-bombing-a7322846.html

Perhaps between working with the Police and emergency services, the Mayor was again disrupted by another purposeful misquote in a tweet by a world leader, similarly trying to make political capital during a tragedy...

I don't believe living in a big city you should have be prepared for terrorist attacks nor should it be part of the parcel of living in a big city.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

A agree with you.  Christianity was just as ruthless and evil back in the day.. now it's Islam having it's turn.

These days the fighting and hatred is largely not about colour, race, culture, sexual orientation, etc.. it's about the clash of religious ideas and beliefs. 

Stupid people are more prone to violent behavior because they are unable to express themselves in a rational way.. or even think things out logically.  They find their strength in religion and are often manipulated by twisted evil people to do these sort of atrocities.

I hope in the future all religion will be banned.  It would make for a much more peaceful world.. and people would concentrate on having a good life as they would know it's the only one they are going to get.

Just now, Mosha said:

I don't believe living in a big city you should have be prepared for terrorist attacks nor should it be part of the parcel of living in a big city.

Blame politicians who have pursued wars for money/resources - whilst also allowing minorities in england to set up their own 'courts' etc. etc....

28 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

<snip>

Had the Muslim community been seen to do significantly more to identify extremists, or more to make a collective stand promoting integration, acceptance of their host countries values and utterly condemn extremism, they may well not have the Islamophobia to deal with in the first place.

Myself and others have been posting links to the many times they have in the past; links such as London attack: 500 imams condemn terrorists and refuse to perform funeral prayer for 'vile murderers'

The police and security services say they have foiled 13 potential attacks in the last four years; not only foiled, but those responsible for planning them have been arrested, put on trial, found guilty and imprisoned. To do this the police rely on information from the local, Muslim community.

Edited by 7by7
typo

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Uk law needs to reflect uk values - no excuses about respecting others' religion etc.

But this thread is about yet another nutter killing innocent people :sad:.

Yes, when it is a muslim killing others he is called a muslim extremist, when it is a while man he is called a nutter, and even taken to assess his mental health. Something seems amiss there.

15 minutes ago, Mosha said:

Unfortunately it has been in UK cities since the 1970s, thanks to first the IRA and now ISIS.

Hopefully one day the scourge of terrorism will be expunged completely, but until that day we Brits, of all races and faiths, remain united in our determination that the terrorists and hate mongers will not win.

I'm not saying victory will be easy; it wont  be. But the more those who attempt to sow division are listened to, whether they be Islamic extremists or the EDL and their ilk, the longer that victory will take.

Although things look bleak at the moment, I believe these latest attacks show desperation on the part of the extremists. They know they are losing; it reminds me of the V1 and V2 attacks launched against us by Hitler in the death throes of the Third Reich.

15 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Blame politicians who have pursued wars for money/resources - whilst also allowing minorities in england to set up their own 'courts' etc. etc....

What courts would that be, then? Beth Din? They have existed in the UK for over 100 years and are subject to much the same criticism as Sharia courts; especially over women's rights.

Both Beth Din and Sharia courts are voluntary, they come under the Arbitration Act, can only resolve civil disputes and their decisions are not legally enforceable.

But this has been discussed many times before, and is not relevant to this topic.

59 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

This is a good excuse to kill yet more innocent people???

Pointing out that this a a copy cat revenge killing.

Don't be surprised if this is just the start.

It's wrong but had to happen.

29 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And again, I'd point out that over the centuries their 'leaders' are responsible for this.  But I agree that one has to be pretty stupid to fall for the 'leaders' claptrap.

Forgivable centuries ago, but it happens nowadays too....

32 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

A agree with you.  Christianity was just as ruthless and evil back in the day.. now it's Islam having it's turn.

These days the fighting and hatred is largely not about colour, race, culture, sexual orientation, etc.. it's about the clash of religious ideas and beliefs. 

Stupid people are more prone to violent behavior because they are unable to express themselves in a rational way.. or even think things out logically.  They find their strength in religion and are often manipulated by twisted evil people to do these sort of atrocities.

I hope in the future all religion will be banned.  It would make for a much more peaceful world.. and people would concentrate on having a good life as they would know it's the only one they are going to get.

It's not about 'the clash of religious beliefs and ideas' - it's not, at root, about culture at all, though ISIS may have declared it so.A deeper understanding (because nobody ever really understands themselves - that's why we have psychoanalysis) is that it's about one side (the Muslims) kicking back because they are being humiliated on an international human rights issue in one place in particular (Palestine) - and that bitterness has spread into other realms. It's perfectly understandable. This latest event is the British kicking back against the kicking back - that too is perfectly understandable. The solution though can only take place in the Middle East.

A world without religion would be a far more dangerous place - in fact, given human nature, it's practically impossible. Atheism is fine for the intellectuals, but the masses need religion to keep them under control, or there will be widespread anarchy.

11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

What courts would that be, then? Beth Din? They have existed in the UK for over 100 years and are subject to much the same criticism as Sharia courts; especially over women's rights.

Both Beth Din and Sharia courts are voluntary, they come under the Arbitration Act, can only resolve civil disputes and their decisions are not legally enforceable.

But this has been discussed many times before, and is not relevant to this topic.

Its v relevant as more people become aware about these 'courts' and wonder why on earth they are allowed??!!

The only way forward is to allow open debate on Islam, immigration and a number of other topics which have been placed out of bounds by the divisive ideology of "multiculturalism".

When people are not allowed to even talk about these things in an honest (even if negative) way due to the demands of multiculturalism, all you do is bottle those feelings up inside people and make them angry. That can quickly turn nasty and violent.

If people could say "I'm really angry with all these immigrants clogging up my neighbourhood" without being prosecuted for a hate crime, maybe they wouldn't feel the need to use a van to get their point across.

Enforced silence just inflames them.

Just now, RickBradford said:

The only way forward is to allow open debate on Islam, immigration and a number of other topics which have been placed out of bounds by the divisive ideology of "multiculturalism".

When people are not allowed to even talk about these things in an honest (even if negative) way due to the demands of multiculturalism, all you do is bottle those feelings up inside people and make them angry. That can quickly turn nasty and violent.

If people could say "I'm really angry with all these immigrants clogging up my neighbourhood" without being prosecuted for a hate crime, maybe they wouldn't feel the need to use a van to get their point across.

Enforced silence just inflames them.

Disagree insofar as I think religious schools shouldn't be allowed - full stop -and I've little idea (:laugh:) why poiticians thought this a good idea :laugh:.

It can't possibly have anything to do with politics and the knowledge of upcoming extremely lucrative positions....