"Dark skinned gang" paid 100 Thai women 5,000 baht each on Facebook to marry for long term visas

webfact

"Dark skinned gang" paid 100 Thai women 5,000 baht each on Facebook to marry for long term visas

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- Thai immigration in Bangkok have entrapped a gang of Nigerians and Afghans who were paying Thai women to marry men so they could get long term visas for Thailand.

They advertised for Thai women on Facebook paying just 5,000 baht a time to register marriages.

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Officials became suspicious and planned a sting when the gang - seven Nigerians and 2 Afghans - registered 100 people as single.

They investigated the matter and found that they arranged marriages for 100 people through Facebook.

Immigration chief Nathathorn Phrosunthorn was at the Government Complex in Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok, yesterday when the gang were all arrested.

Daily News called them a "nasty black skinned gang" in their headline.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-22

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, leeneeds said:

of course this does not happen anywhere else ,

green cards, Aussie visa , etc etc,

It's quite common actually, one thai girl I know of paid an Aussie guy the equivalent of 5k to marry, she moved to Australia on permanent resident visa then when she left the guy took him for half his assets also.  It was quite a profitable scam.

1 minute ago, Thechook said:

It's quite common actually, one thai girl I know of paid an Aussie guy the equivalent of 5k to marry, she moved to Australia on permanent resident visa then when she left the guy took him for half his assets also.  It was quite a profitable scam.

I used to have  a mate  who did the same to a wealthy American lady 

A mate of mine back in the 1990s I'm London had a few properties he rented through a letting agency. The owner was an Indian guy.  Asked my mate if he had any single friends willing to marry Indian lady's for £1500 a go.

The guy was eventually nicked did a few years.

8 minutes ago, Thechook said:

What a stupid ass fool. Serves that idiot well for being a total dumbass.

Words to the wise, if the authorities will dig deeper, the y will find that those

'dark skinned men ' are up to their necks in all sorts of shady and illegal

activities in this country, and they're numbered by the thousands....

are you listening wise men and women of the government? probably not....

47 minutes ago, Thechook said:

I can understand that, but I find it difficult to believe that any women would marry Nigerians for only 5000 baht, because no Thai woman would want to go and live in Nigeria and I doubt these men would have anything of value in their own countries.  Don`t believe these Nigerians and Afghans got away with only paying 5000 baht for marriages of convenience in Thailand, must be more to the story then we are being told.

That's the reason you can't get married at the Australian Embassy any more, and you have to jump through sooooo many hoops to bring a Thai girl to Australia.
Because of all the scam artists out there, stuff it up for the dinkum Aussies.

Good on the Aussie Boarder Protection mob. [emoji7][emoji8][emoji10][emoji11][emoji9]

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

5,000 is quite inexpensive. I wonder if that is per year?

A lot of the foreign bike gang members, among just one sort of group who utilize this "option", pay ~ 100,000.

And you have to pay extra at Immigration of course.

This kind of thing is very common, often run by Nigerian or East European gangs. It's likely the women are poor, rural girls from Issan who simply were offered 1000  baht (or less) to use their credentials and never knowing the real reason.

While I was in Malaysia I met a nice Vietnamese lady who flew to KL to meet her 'dream' man, a 40 something Brit with business, cars, etc, etc. She is very smart and was suspicious so she asked for my opinion after her first meeting. At that meeting she was met by an older Malay woman and man who claimed to be business associates of her 'date' and would drive her to his office. She then received a text from the 'man' asking if he could quickly borrow a few thousand pounds to finish a business deal he was currently embroiled in and said his associates would drive her to the bank. All sent with heart stickers and the like, "i'll make it up to you as soon as this big deal is done" and so forth.

She was smart enough (an IT prof in DaNang) to realize the danger and walked away. She saw me the next morning at the guesthouse we were staying in and asked my opinion (I was a long term guest and she saw that I had a nice relationship with the owner of the house so took a chance). As soon as she showed me the texts and the story I had to tell her it was all a scam. I told her to go to the police but again in Vietnamese culture she had been shamed and could never report even this.

#$%% scammers preying on people's misfortunes in life. Hang em all.

40 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I can understand that, but I find it difficult to believe that any women would marry Nigerians for only 5000 baht, because no Thai woman would want to go and live in Nigeria and I doubt these men would have anything of value in their own countries.  Don`t believe these Nigerians and Afghans got away with only paying 5000 baht for marriages of convenience in Thailand, must be more to the story then we are being told.

I think that's a tadge backward; the scam is so the man can move to Thailand.