Video: Thai society "going to the dogs" as Yaris road rage man attacks family in pick-up

webfact

Video: Thai society "going to the dogs" as Yaris road rage man attacks family in pick-up

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A dash cam video from a pick-up showed a driver retrieve a baseball bat from his Yaris and take a swipe at a pick-up driver who had his wife and child in the car with him.

He hit the window of the pick-up.

The driver - who later posted his experience on Facebook - decided to leave the scene and get the police.

But the Yaris driver chased him and tail ended him causing him to smash into a parked car.

The child in the car can be heard screaming and crying as a result.

The incident started with a minor accident. The driver of the Yaris said: "He hit me first - and didn't stop".

But the poster of the footage on the page of Aditwong Siriphonphakdee said: "Thai society is really going to the dogs when this kind of thing happens".

The incident is now being investigated by police. It was viewed by thousands online.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-26

''its the bottom of the ninth and khun tua lek is up to bat''.....this ahole has never seen a baseball game in his life..so the question is''why would he have a bat in his car''....

Edited by mok199
spelling

It's everyday isn't it?

They always see red and act disproportionately?

So much more the LoS, a peaceful, Buddhist country. 

The general is asking people to give up alcohol for Lent and uphold the five moral precepts of Buddhism 1) refrain from harming living things, 2) refrain from taking what is not given, 3) refrain from sexual misconduct, 4) refrain from lying, and 5) refrain from taking intoxicating substances. 

I guess Road Rage isn't on the list so we're okay?

12 minutes ago, MichaelJohn said:

It's everyday isn't it?

The general is asking people to give up alcohol for Lent and uphold the five moral precepts of Buddhism 1) refrain from harming living things, 2) refrain from taking what is not given, 3) refrain from sexual misconduct, 4) refrain from lying, and 5) refrain from taking intoxicating substances. 

And of course in your original country road rage doesn't exist.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

The yaris driver was wrong for the violence but if its true the other guy hit him and did not stop then he is also wrong. 

The Yaris driver comes towards the pick-up with a baseball bat so the pick up driver decides to leave the scene and get the poilce.

I say great decision. But the Yaris driver gives chase and causes another accident. 

I hope then the pick-up driver decided to have a word with the Yaris driver and shove his baseball bat where the sun doesn't sun!

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

The Yaris driver comes towards the pick-up with a baseball bat so the pick up driver decides to leave the scene and get the poilce.

I say great decision. But the Yaris driver gives chase and causes another accident. 

I hope then the pick-up driver decided to have a word with the Yaris driver and shove his baseball bat where the sun doesn't sun!

Missed that part, i thought the baseball bat came out after the first incident not during. If so then the yaris guy is a scumbag. I was under the impression (misread) that the pick up driver fled from the first encounter and made to stop later and basebal bat came out. 

What is it about stepping inside a car that so transforms humans into animals? We bump into each other on the sidewalks and subways of our crowded cities everyday without incident. Grant it we have a large investment in our cars and the possibility of serious injury exists when one drives irresponsibly, but it just seems the reactions are just so over the top and the results are far worse than any accident or offense taken!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

''its the bottom of the ninth and khun tua lek is up to bat''.....this ahole has never seen a baseball game in his life..so the question is''why would he have a bat in his car''....

Making up for the missing inches. 

4 minutes ago, bill59 said:

What is it about stepping inside a car that so transforms humans into animals? We bump into each other on the sidewalks and subways of our crowded cities everyday without incident. Grant it we have a large investment in our cars and the possibility of serious injury exists when one drives irresponsibly, but it just seems the reactions are just so over the top and the results are far worse than any accident or offense taken!

Psychologically, people feel invisible when sitting in a car.

It's why you see people sitting at a red light in the West picking their nose.

They say that you can just a people's true being by their road culture.

Thais don't fair too well.

There seems to be an increasing number of aggressive a-holes on the road here... 

Just yesterday I was driving with my Wife and Son in the car along a Sub Soi in Bangkok, this Sub Soi is just about wide enough for two cars to pass each other with caution, I was also following a motorcycle which was following another car. 

A Wife Toyota Mini-Van was extremely close to my rear-end, then tried persistently to overtake me. In the end I indicated and pulled to the side as much as possible to let the twit pass, which he did at speed before slamming on his breaks so as not to rear-end the motorcycle. 

As the road widened the driver pulled up to the right side of the road and stopped, so I slowly drove past the Van on the inside (left side), the passenger window was open and the Van driver was screaming profanities at me.

I've no idea what the guy was on, or what I did. But his driving and attitude was nasty... I don't want to mix with people like this, they probably carry weapons...

A couple of weeks ago it was a couple of girls in a Mini who drove around the outside of queueing traffic then tried to push in nearly scratching my car. At the time I was a bit of a jerk because I didn't let them force their way in. After the queue moved along they'd pulled in, then pulled across to the inside lane and level with me, lowered their window and shouted at me !!!... 

Too much aggression on the roads... too many poor drivers....  too many selfish and inconsiderate drivers who get angry at others... too many careless drivers who block innocent others at box junctions... IF traffic is an indicator, parts of society have gone to the Dogs.. fortunately, for the most part people are polite on very busy roads. 

When I first saw this saw this video yesterday, I was generally shocked by it especially because of a young child being in the pickup.

But then It did occur to me, that what had happened directly before was not shown probably because it showed the pickup driver in a more incriminating circumstance. This of course doesn't condone the Yaris drivers actions and if it was down to me he would be strung up by his tiny wedding tackle in the hot sun for at least a week, and the fined and jailed.

9 hours ago, MichaelJohn said:

It's everyday isn't it?

Seeing the list above, very long road to go.

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

When I first saw this saw this video yesterday, I was generally shocked by it especially because of a young child being in the pickup.

But then It did occur to me, that what had happened directly before was not shown probably because it showed the pickup driver in a more incriminating circumstance. This of course doesn't condone the Yaris drivers actions and if it was down to me he would be strung up by his tiny wedding tackle in the hot sun for at least a week, and the fined and jailed.

Yes, there must be more to this video. If you run into the back of a car, I don't expect someone to jump out with a baseball bat and just attack someone. He probably didn't slow ricer yaris getting banged up. I would have driven right over it if someone was coming at me with a bat like that. 

14 hours ago, halloween said:

I can think of a nice warm spot to put that bat, thick end first.

Another sick bastard that needs to be locked up...He should be charged with attempted murder and a few other charges.He needs to be put away for along time!