Trump, Prayut comparing busy schedules for US visit

webfact

Trump, Prayut comparing busy schedules for US visit
By The Nation

a7cf1164d562b0b138c750341fde7370.jpeg

File photo: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s visit the United States at the invitation of President Donald Trump might be postponed because of the White House’s busy agenda, Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai said on Tuesday.

Originally scheduled to travel to Washington early next month, Prayut might have to wait until the final week of July, a government source said. 

Trump will be mainly preoccupied with the Group of 20 economic summit in Hamburg, Germany, on July 7-8. 

“We’ll also have to see whether our premier will be free at that time,” Don told reporters. “It’s not certain that we can definitely make it in July. If we can’t settle on a date, we might have to postpone the visit.”

Trump phoned Prayut in April to discuss a Southeast Asian role in curbing North Korea’s missile and nuclear programme and invited him to visit Washington. The Trump administration is also looking to strengthen alliances in Asia to counter China’s rising influence.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319222

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-27

Ah, the *maybe we can't make it anyway* doozie.

Wasn't there similar drama regarding an invitation to the US embassy 4th July party a couple years ago?

Pm better rehearse his answer to why he is buying so much hardware from China.

Trump has a short memory and concentration span. I imagine when they updated him on who's visiting shortly he would have asked "who??" when being told Prayut will be along. 

As long as everyone saves face. That's all that matters. 

32 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Prayut: hmm, there might be a sexy dancer on TV I need to condemn tomorrow.

Oh please, not just sexy dancers.  Some uppedy college student may wish to brew beer, or he may have to appeal to the media, as he has countless time,  to explain the government's position to the people, or talk about Thailand 4.0 again and again and again until we understand it is more than just a slogan.  He is sorely needed in Thailand.   

17 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Oh please, not just sexy dancers.  Some uppedy college student may wish to brew beer, or he may have to appeal to the media, as he has countless time,  to explain the government's position to the people, or talk about Thailand 4.0 again and again and again until we understand it is more than just a slogan.  He is sorely needed in Thailand.   

He might also be busy penning a new song.

"...the White House’s busy agenda...:

The PM probably didn't want to foot the bill staying at one of Trump's golf resorts, or he heard that Donnie is a bigger cheat than he is. Must save face. Can't be second, no matter what the reason. 

Trump: My schedule is waaay busier that yours.

Prayuth: Not true. My schedule has a road map with u-turns and brake failures built in.

Trump: That's fake news.

Prayuth: OK. If I let you win, will you twerk for me?

Trump:... :wub:

Hahahaha, he got stood up, so now he has to claim to be "too busy" for the reschedule to try to save face. Make no mistake. If the White House called in the middle of the night, he would come running because he is that desperate for legitimacy and recognition, and the elites are that desperate to repair relations with the West before Thailand becomes a de-facto Chinese colony.

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Trump: My schedule is waaay busier that yours.

Prayuth: Not true. My schedule has a road map with u-turns and brake failures built in.

Trump: That's fake news.

Prayuth: OK. If I let you win, will you twerk for me?

Trump:... :wub:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, debate101 said:

Hahahaha, he got stood up, so now he has to claim to be "too busy" for the reschedule to try to save face. Make no mistake. If the White House called in the middle of the night, he would come running because he is that desperate for legitimacy and recognition, and the elites are that desperate to repair relations with the West before Thailand becomes a de-facto Chinese colony.

And de-facto Chines democracy, hahaha

PM Prayuth has already visited all the tin pot dictatorships in Africa and the Middle East trying to drum up business. It should be a change and a challenge for him to visit a democratic country. 

The Thai/USA golf challenge at Camp David should be interesting with Trump on a handicap of 4 and Prayut on a handicap of 175.

Prayut  is way out of his depth but I think Trump will understand that and go easy on him.  Love to be a fly on the wall.

Just wait till he gets back and the bragging starts. It will be sickening.

Originally when Big P was invited I pointed out that only the Junta had made any mention of an invitation. Now the day is upon us and suddenly...oops got to reschedule. :rolleyes: There was never an invitation was there...come the end of July there will be a press release stating that the White House had set another date, but due to the king's birthday Big P had to turn it down -_-