2 weeks abroad. Return to LOS and notice bad driving habits

41 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Left your sense of humour on the plane did we. Thought the lets party sticker gave it away  i promise i will spell it out for you next time.  Meanwhile look up satirical or tounge in cheek remarks.

As l see and said before basically driving here to keep safe is observation of the driving habits whether good or bad you have to be aware of them.

Statistics and lack of training, bad drivers, bad roads is an easy call.

59 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Left your sense of humour on the plane did we. Thought the lets party sticker gave it away  i promise i will spell it out for you next time.  Meanwhile look up satirical or tounge in cheek remarks.

If there was anything remotely funny about your remark I might have appreciated it, but there wasn't

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

This comment perfectly sums up the rank ignorance of most expats on the topic.....just cling on to the syllogism.....lots of dead people so it must be the drivers.......how facile can you get?

You still haven't answered my question. Want to blame the roads, the weather, or did they all suffer heart attacks whilst driving, alien mind control, what? Don't think this is the first time you've refused to admit that Thais can be bad and dangerous drivers, but you never seem to be able to offer another reason for the atrocious death toll.

Edited by giddyup

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

You still haven't answered my question. Want to blame the roads, the weather, or did they all suffer heart attacks whilst driving, alien mind control, what? Don't think this is the first time you've refused to admit that Thais can be bad and dangerous drivers, but you never seem to be able to offer another reason for the atrocious death toll.

I shouldn't have to answer you, if you want to post in a topic get up to speed on the basics, it's not as if the info isn't available and has been for years.

It amazes me how foreigners  seem to think they are some kind of superior race of drivers to  Thai people, yet clearly have no idea of how to interpret what is unfolding before their eyes everyday as they drive.

I find the average expat's attitude to other drivers in Thailand both condescending and ignorant.

Edited by Airbagwill

1 minute ago, Airbagwill said:

I shouldn't have to answer you, if you want to post in a topic get up to speed on the basics, it's not as if the info isn't available and has been for years.

It amazes me how foreigners  seem to think they are some kind of superior race of drivers to  Thai people, yet clearly have no idea of how to interpret what is unfolding before their eyes everyday as they drive.

Blah, blah. Cop-out.

On 6/30/2017 at 10:04 AM, AboutThaim said:

A lot of Filipinos are Catholic so they have the protection of "Hail Mary's".  I don't think there is a "Hail Buddha" for Thais to give them protection so they drive more "carefully".

Thais believe in karma..if it's going to happen it WILL happen....so there is no uses to take precautions. If your fate is to die, there is nothing you can do about it. Educated Thais (and there are many), know better.