Cops at female cop’s door just ‘a misunderstanding’

webfact

Cops at female cop’s door just ‘a misunderstanding’
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A female police officer’s alarming social-media post about plainclothes police attempting to search her apartment stemmed from a misunderstanding, the superintendent of Bangkok’s Din Daeng Police Station said on Tuesday.

Police Lance Corporal Nuntinee Mujchapan of the Central Investigation Bureau had posted a warning to the public on Facebook after several men claiming to be plainclothes offers had come to her door at 3am on Tuesday wanting to search her room. She refused to open the door and they left. 

Nuntinee also posted a CCTV recording of the incident and said she believed they were impostors with criminal intent. 

She asked Wang Thong Lang police to check whether a police operation was being conducted in her area at the time.

The matter was clarified when Din Daeng superintendent Pol Colonel Kiatnarong Chalermsuk and Nuntinee called a press conference on Tuesday night, citing a misunderstanding. 

Kiatnarong said narcotics suppression officers from his precinct had been tipped off on Monday that a resident of Nuntinee’s condominium possessed a large amount of ketamine (ecstasy). They’d gone to the wrong door, alarming Nuntinee, he said. 

They subsequently learned that their informant had identified the wrong apartment and believed the drug suspect had by then fled. 

Kiatnarong said the officers had planned to lure the suspect out of his room and make a purchase arrangement, then arrest him when the drugs were delivered. 

The superintendent advised citizens who find themselves in the same situation as Nuntinee to do as she did – refuse to open their door and call the police hotline at 191.

Nuntinee said she was relieved to learn it was a misunderstanding and that it actually was police at her door rather than criminals.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319337

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-28

'Nuntinee said she was relieved to learn it was a misunderstanding and that it actually was police at her door rather than criminals'

Jesus! The criminals in Thailand must be truly awful then. I always thought I'd have preferred real criminals at my door. 

'Kiatnarong said the officers had planned to lure the suspect out of his room and make a purchase arrangement, then arrest him when the drugs were delivered'

Great thinking. Lure the perp out by saying you're police officers there to search the room. When he comes out, ask to buy drugs. When he feels comfortable enough selling drugs to police and he produces the drugs, you can then arrest him and search his room. I tell you what - there are no flies on the boys in brown. 

Edited by rkidlad

What a bizarre story. They announced themselves as plain clothes officers but the plan was to lure the dealer out of the room and pretend to buy Ketamine (which is nothing like ecstasy). I can see how there might have been a misunderstanding!

13 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

'Nuntinee said she was relieved to learn it was a misunderstanding and that it actually was police at her door rather than criminals'

Jesus! The criminals in Thailand must be truly awful then. I always thought I'd have preferred real criminals at my door. 

'Kiatnarong said the officers had planned to lure the suspect out of his room and make a purchase arrangement, then arrest him when the drugs were delivered'

Great thinking. Lure the perp out by saying you're police officers there to search the room. When he comes out, ask to buy drugs. When he feels comfortable enough selling drugs to police and he produces the drugs, you can then arrest him and search his room. I tell you what - there are no flies on the boys in brown. 

Oh come on it sounds like a well thought out and fool proof plan.

16 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Screen Shot 2560-06-28 at 12.39.05 PM.png

Here is the female officer in question.

Image: Daily News: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/582279

I know it is wrong, so very very wrong but she can shackle me anytime...... 

its the uniform form thing and the discipline thing. Whoops too much information. Sorry !

24 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Ah, she's a looker.

Far more plausible here is they were all pissed up and went to he room for a 'bit of action'. She quite rightly didn't let the little Somchais in and they then went with the story of a drugs raid to cover up their real intent after they were exposed on social media. 

I disagree slightly .

Could have been someone a bit higher up , making advances to the Lady, which were refused and then it was a "comply , or do you want trouble"

Happened to a felang friend of mine who had a business and who had issues with a high up Policeman who lived next door , a noise issue .

The issue couldnt get amicably resolved , so he ordered a raid on the premises 

If they were genuine I am surprised that before the visit, as good police officers they should have known that one of their own was living there and could have had useful information about the drug dealer.

But that's assuming they were good police officers!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They subsequently learned that their informant had identified the wrong apartment and believed the drug suspect had by then fled

They subsequently learned that their informant had identified the great rack on K Natinee and totally forgot the apartment number of the drug suspect that had by then fled....

There, I can bet 200 THB :whistling:

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

What a bizarre story. They announced themselves as plain clothes officers but the plan was to lure the dealer out of the room and pretend to buy Ketamine (which is nothing like ecstasy). I can see how there might have been a misunderstanding!

Exactly, if it was a sting, then why as to search the room?  Something fishy here.