Man tries to drive car into crowd in front of French mosque

webfact

Man tries to drive car into crowd in front of French mosque

tag-reuters-1.jpg

Police secure a mosque in Creteil near Paris, France June 29, 2017 after a man was arrested after trying to drive a car into a crowd in front of the mosque. REUTERS/Gonzalo Fuentes

PARIS (Reuters) - A man was arrested after trying to drive a car into a crowd in front of a mosque in the Paris suburb of Creteil on Thursday, police said, adding that no one was injured.

The man's motives were unclear, and he had not succeeded in reaching the crowd because of barriers in front of the mosque, police said in a statement.

An investigation, to be carried out by a regular police department rather than an anti-terrorism unit, would determine if the man could be held accountable for his actions.

According to Le Parisien newspaper, the man said he had wanted to avenge attacks linked to Islamic State that have killed dozens in Paris over the past years.

Last week, a man drove a van at Muslim worshippers leaving a mosque in London. He was charged with terrorism-related murder and attempted murder.

(Reporting by Ingrid Melander; editing by John Stonestreet)

reuters_logo.jpg
    -- © Copyright Reuters 2017-06-30

After the attack in London, I wondered how long it would be before we saw a copy cat attack. While I personally, do not agree with attacks on any one. from any side in the name of religion, it seems that Muslims now need to be fearful of terrorism too. It seems you do indeed reap what you sow.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

After the attack in London, I wondered how long it would be before we saw a copy cat attack. While I personally, do not agree with attacks on any one. from any side in the name of religion, it seems that Muslims now need to be fearful of terrorism too. It seems you do indeed reap what you sow.

You mean innocent people reap what a small, despicable minority sow.

Thanks goodness buttwads don't run cars into Baptist church crowds after a KKK rally and cross burning.

Or Catholic crowds when it comes out that the Bishop has been into the children again.

Edited by impulse

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Thanks goodness buttwads don't run cars into Baptist church crowds after a KKK rally and cross burning.

So you're equating the cross burning and holding of a rally with (suicide)bombings, beheadings, acid attacks, truck attacks and other attacks / killings?

Wow.

Edited by Rigby40

Just now, Rigby40 said:

So you're equating the burning of a cross and holding of a RALLY with (suicide)bombings, beheadings, acid attacks, truck attacks and other attacks / killings?

Lynchings were a big part of KKK actions in the past.

But no, I'm equating collective revenge against innocents with collective revenge against innocents.  Be they Muslim, Baptist, Catholic- every group has it's tiny minority of bad actors.  Taking revenge on the whole group is despicable and doesn't accomplish the objective.  In fact, it's counter productive in addition to being against pretty much all societal standards.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Lynchings were a big part of KKK actions in the past.

But no, I'm equating collective revenge against innocents with collective revenge against innocents.  Be they Muslim, Baptist, Catholic- every group has it's tiny minority of bad actors.  Taking revenge on the whole group is despicable and doesn't accomplish the objective.  In fact, it's counter productive in addition to being against pretty much all societal standards.

Don't bring up lynchings, that had nothing to do with what you said initially, it's irrelevant.

You were equating cross burning and rallies to all sorts of violence and killings.

Edited by Rigby40

I am fine with these religious idiots killing each other... Muslim or Christian... so long as they keep it to themselves... better they fight each other then 'normal' people in society who are just trying to get on with their lives and have no religious agendas. 

In fact, if their all powerful god's can't even keep their worshippers safe in the church or mosque then that might open peoples eyes to the fact they don't exist and all this fighting and killing each other in the name of religion is very stupid. 

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Muslims always needed to be fearful of terrorism, because the majority of victims in Muslim terror attacks are Muslims!

Duh!

37 minutes ago, impulse said:

Or Catholic crowds when it comes out that the Bishop has been into the children again.

Yes. Innocent people reap what a minority sowed. It isn't right, I agree. The bombings and murders by that minority of innocent people from all walks of life wasn't fair either. Innocent people have been living in fear and still are. While I do not condone such actions, by any side, it does now seem that it is not only the non Muslims that have cause for concern.

17 minutes ago, i claudius said:

I didnt realize that those idiots in the KKK carried out world wide bombings and had an army of terrorists i thought that they were just some nutters in America , you learn something new every day

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, if you're going to be kidnapped by ISIS ot the KKK, go for the KKK everytime.

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I don't know that the current attack was carried out in the name of religion or religious beliefs. The OP cites retribution.

What goes around

Comes around...

not only that, but the non-muslim  terrorists have pretty highly qualified mentors

mentors that are now crying that their pattern copyright has been breached

the many are crying that the few are doing what they declare as doing on behalf of the many

they've  weaved themselves a very intricate web, and become the prey themselves

all they have to do - is stop it