Australian man who escaped from Bali prison thought to be hiding out in Pattaya

webfact

13 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

<deleted> - It's a JOKE. One that's been going around for probably a decade or more (that I know of).

Meanwhile, I just grabbed my phone and "Checked In" on Facebook, in Berlin. 

Oh, wait - apparently I'm in Rio de Janeiro now !!

So yes, it is easy for someone to "Check In" from multiple places around the world while sitting at home (like the escaped convict Davidson apparently did). Doesn't mean the guy is in Pattaya but we do have a large, diverse expat population in addition to the large number of tourists the rotate in/out of the city daily, making it easy for another "farang face" to blend in.

Of course he could also be in Cambodia or halfway around the world by now.

Or sitting on the bar stool next to you right now.............

OK I know- maybe you are correct - just out for dinner- guy on next table says he is ex CIA - if you believe that you will believe anything.

Mind you one handsome man- am sure the ladyboys will remember him around Town? 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

He'll fit in well. 

...and smart enough to have a NIKE logo tattooed on his chest like the most of us have....;)

Edited by ttrd

Thailand stopped being the farthest corner, lost-in-asia, off-the-grid, on-the-cheap, hole-in-the-wall, preferred hideout place and bastion of anonymity decades ago.  And answerable-to-no-one NGOs, foreign aid & investment motivate all manner of crackdown and clean-up.  Not that the place isn't world-renowned for its corruptness...  So why would fugitives keep coming to such a place?  Hmmm.

Edited by hawker9000

5 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

Thailand stopped being the farthest corner, lost-in-asia, off-the-grid, on-the-cheap, hole-in-the-wall, preferred hideout place and bastion of anonymity decades ago.  And answerable-to-no-one NGOs, foreign aid & investment motivate all manner of crackdown and clean-up.  Not that the place isn't world-renowned for its corruptness...  So why would fugitives keep coming to such a place?  Hmmm.

Where do they go these days then to get lost and still have a good time ?

8 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

well, Pattaya and Phuket are well known hideaways for all sorts of criminals, known or unknown.

How do you know that.  :biggrin:

I thought immigration said good guys in bad guys out. :whistling:

21 hours ago, Kerryd said:

No way !

Considering 2 out of every 3 foreigners in Pattaya supposedly are ex-SAS/SBS/Delta/Green Beret/DSG/JTF/Spetznaz elite Airborne Seal Team 007 commandos, how could a criminal expect to hide for long in this city ? Surely all those elite "Operator" types would have him corralled and handed to the police in no time flat !

I think this kind of speculation is harmful to Pattaya's reputation and someone should invoke Article 69 to shut it down so we can go back to stories about raids on adult establishments that have no effect.

How else are we going to learn about all the fun places that exist in this city

Lol the gonads on this guy must be impressive. Go for it M8!

On 6/30/2017 at 1:44 PM, Metapod said:

Didn't he have something stupid like 2 months left? Who escapes out of jail to avoid a 2 month sentence? 

maybe just maybe at his moment of release he would have been arrested by australian federal police to be extradited to oz to answer ongoing drugs charges here in oz. bikies, no have to work, ride $30,000 harleys, where does the money come from, not hard to work out, ice dealers in death,,,, 

On 6/30/2017 at 4:55 PM, Moti24 said:

"The Courier-Mail describes Pattaya as “arguably the fugitive capital of the world”."

Yes, but they're all tourists!  We keep being told that Thailand is a safe place for tourists, and Pattaya has a happy zone!

Just Googled that and your right, the international media outlets do describe it as such as well as fugitive paradise and other terms.

He was put inside for passport fraud: travelling on someone else's ID.  If you are reading this Mr Davidson, you really should know be told (if you don't already know it) that you have a screw loose and unhinged people like you eventually get collared. Give yourself up and claim insanity: you have all the evidence to prove it! Go back inside for a couple of years and then come out and be a nice boy, ok?

That should make him turn himself in.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, jasonsamui55 said:

Pretty easy to fake that.

Yes i use Zenmate .com .I live in Thailand but can be virtually in Germany for free .The UK costs a subscription .

On 7/1/2017 at 1:19 PM, Thechook said:

Guess there is always room for one more international fugitive.  Pattaya seems to be the go to place

Have we heard anymore on this yet? I havent seen any confirmation or comment from the BiB.

1 hour ago, Catkiwi said:

Have we heard anymore on this yet? I havent seen any confirmation or comment from the BiB.

Seems that he has not been caught .Two of the escapees were.

41 minutes ago, anto said:

Seems that he has not been caught .Two of the escapees were.

Yeah the other 2 were caught pretty quickly but all of the talk of this guy in Pattaya seems to be just talk. So just wondering if any more word.

1 hour ago, Catkiwi said:

Yeah the other 2 were caught pretty quickly but all of the talk of this guy in Pattaya seems to be just talk. So just wondering if any more word.

They are probably in sihanouville. 

On 30/06/2017 at 3:22 PM, rkidlad said:

He'll fit in well. 

Im one and lovin it good luck just dont end up in bkk hilton and leave pattaya asap " viet great place no exdratdion treaty ! think quickly and. Go mate .