Firefox too old or malware/virus

Thaiaddict01

Hi guys need some help here, one day I come back to my desktop, firefox all of a sudden just didn't work no more, sites load up really slow, like 3,4 minutes but IE and chrome were ok. firefox 's other old saved tabs also just becomes empty "new tab". add-ons doesn't work like adblock, flashstopper, very odd. restarted pc and it's still the same. 

scanned virus and malware didn't find anything. didn't do the firefox update  until then, and some windows updates

had this firefox for awhile, got a lot of tabs like 300 tabs during 4,5 years haha

(what other browsers can save the tabs like firefox's session manager, thinking about trying out others.)

thanks guys

Tabs?  Are you talking bookmarks, or actual "saved opened tabs" (as a bookmark). 

Why aren't you downloading and installing the latest version?  Doing this may clear whatever issue is occurring.

The 'other' thing to resolve issues is to clear history and cookies, as having too many pseudo journal files that have to be referenced each time can really impact performance, 

Yeah, find an FF app to save your bookmarks with (like Xmarks which I have used through a few catastrophic events), save your passwords, uninstall FF using Revo uninstaller https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html in advanced mode and then reinstall the latest version which is 54.01 for me at the moment.

Or under FF 'help' go to 'about', that will ask you to install the latest version.

Or under 'about' go to 'trouble shooting' and then to 'refresh'.

I've been using Netscape/Mozilla/FF almost consistently since way back when.  One thing that still needs to be done is every so often to scrub the installation and install everything fresh: add-ons, settings, the lot.  Save bookmarks and import into the new install, but that's about it.  Use FEBE to back-up and as a reference for re-installing addons, but don't restore, do all add-ons clean.  Yeah, a pain in the arse, but it's only once a year (or 2 years).

If you want to do some experimenting try the portableapps.com version of FF.

I have a lot of config modifications and use a lot of addons (around 50 of them), without them I'd be lost in my FF usage.  I know some of them get in the way of others, but as long as I can figure out how to use them...

actual "saved opened tabs"

yeah installed latest version etc and it's still the same.

Wonder if neighbor kids messing with my pc, had wifi camera on and after awhile it was acting weird, heard it's real easy to get into my network/pc and install malware etc?!?!!

Man I am trying opera now, so far so good and it's so fast. firefox I was using it for 3.5 years maybe it got too much junk built up. Maybe I will try to reinstall it and do everything fresh. yeah maybe it's got too much junk built up, hopefully not malware/birus

6 hours ago, Thaiaddict01 said:

Man I am trying opera now, so far so good and it's so fast. firefox I was using it for 3.5 years maybe it got too much junk built up. Maybe I will try to reinstall it and do everything fresh. yeah maybe it's got too much junk built up, hopefully not malware/birus

Addons that have been removed may still have junk left behind under the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles directory, and entries in the various .js files, among others.

If you monkey around with about:config (like I do) keep track of your modifications so that the next time you need a clean start you'll have a reference.