Desperately in need of advice - Ref : Dogs!

marrmrrs

Is there anything legally i can have done about a neighbours dog?... This has escalated into an impossible siruation. The owner allows this dog to roam around the village. People are scared ot it. It had already bitten other dogs and residents and to my amazement NO ONE does anything about it! Apparently has been reported to the police but they are not interested?

Is there no dog control unit in Pattaya?

Would appreciate any advice...

Thanks in anticipation! 

We did have a dog and cat problem where I used to live. If you go down to one of the pet shops (that's animal pet shops not gentlemen's clubs) in Na Glua, ask then what they have for too many pets.

I found this out and didn't practice it but talked to departed 'Tim' over a beer, and within a few weeks the problem was gone.

The motor bike taxi guys were a bit miffed, and thought it was Tim, but no one said anything and the problem was gone.

Tim was a bit beside himself with the grog some times, and could get away with things. You'de be cagey and careful if you go this route.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Pattaya city does have a dog catching service.

Try Pattaya city Town Hall...complain directly to the Mayor.

http://webboard.pattaya.go.th/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=607742a1d7b31556249a86b069b4e860

or the nice men in green's complaint center

http://www.damrongdhama.moi.go.th/

remember that due to recent laws its a worse offence ( with harsher punishment) to 

injure a dog than to beat the living daylights out of the owner !!!!!!!!    :shock1:

595b12857608f_KIF_0815dogcontroll.jpg.897a3679a2593c064e2ac3339834ad46.jpg

595b128c055d3_KIF_0810dogcontroll.jpg.8850c6c73addeed23e183fd783c26685.jpg

How big is the dog? A medium sized dog can be bluffed by locking eye contact and lunging at it - making sure that your hands are up. Once it knows you are the Alpha, it will either avoid you, or become submissive.

Good luck on that one mate. May work?
Wouldn't try that in the areas I used to live in.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

How big is the dog? A medium sized dog can be bluffed by locking eye contact and lunging at it - making sure that your hands are up. Once it knows you are the Alpha, it will either avoid you, or become submissive.

Does that work if it is rabid? 

Best is let some Cambodian labourers know there is BBQ meat available there.

1 hour ago, marrmrrs said:

The owner allows this dog to roam around the village.

OP is your village walled/gated and does it have a juristic/committee? If yes then have you tried speaking to them?

In my experience if a dog bites someone then the owner would be pushed to pay for the rabies shots (which are expensive) and compensation. Once would normally be enough to make the owner think twice as it would hit them in their pocket.........

Is there anything legally i can have done about a neighbours dog?... This has escalated into an impossible siruation. The owner allows this dog to roam around the village. People are scared ot it. It had already bitten other dogs and residents and to my amazement NO ONE does anything about it! Apparently has been reported to the police but they are not interested?
Is there no dog control unit in Pattaya?
Would appreciate any advice...

Thanks in anticipation! 

Hi I live about 15 km south from Pattaya and in our village was a similar dog problem. There was this huge alpha male which was attacking other dogs and pedestrian which don't live here. I've spotted the place where this dog got it's food from and confronted the house owners with this problem but they don't really care and they're not the owners of the dog. I raise 7 dogs my self and my dogs are always in the yard. Only in the late evening I take a walk with my dogs. Because late evening the traffic is quiet. I spoke to my neighbors and they offered me to feed that alpha some poison. I didn't agree because I'm a buddhist and don't want to harm any creatures. But all my neighbors agreed that this dog is dangerous and shouldn't be roaming around our streets. So I build something like a snake catcher stick from pvc and a rope and caught the dog by my self. I put it in a cage and load it on my truck. I brought the dog far away to a farmers house and the people there took care about it since that day. No they didn't kill him. This dog now is protecting their property against snakes, rats and other dogs. And because miles around is nobody this dog can't hurt anyone anymore and his new owners seems to love him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

We had a dog like that once, it also chased many people up the street on their motorbikes. One day it chased the wrong person, an off duty policeman who went into his house, got his gun and shot it.

Anyone who keeps multiple dogs is not a neighbour I want.

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

That's what I do when a dog, or a bunch of dogs start growling at me....I make a run at them and they scarper away like a bunch of cowards. Never noticed where my hands are ....in the offensive position I suppose like I was going to throw something at them.

Was told years ago that dogs can smell fear from.a person.....so that's one smell I make sure they're not getting......smelly socks?.

.now that's another story..... Jokeing....don't wear them.

I agree with the "smell fear" post. Being agressive helps. I ride my pushbike around and carry a bottle of water with a small hole in the top. When they come at me they get a stream of water. Dogs hate water. I tried a water pistol but I think the bright colours encouraged them more. With a bottle they don't know what hits the.

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

That's what I do when a dog, or a bunch of dogs start growling at me....I make a run at them and they scarper away like a bunch of cowards. Never noticed where my hands are ....in the offensive position I suppose like I was going to throw something at them.

Was told years ago that dogs can smell fear from.a person.....so that's one smell I make sure they're not getting......smelly socks?.

.now that's another story..... Jokeing....don't wear them.

The accepted solution is to be non confrontational lower the eyes and move slowly away in a submissive manner..Remember they got back up big pack .If your not a threat then you can move on 

I don't think being bitten by a dog is preceded by a stand-off like 2 cowboys having a gunfight in the Wild West. They run at you (likely from behind), bite and run away before they are hit back.

3 hours ago, Luuk Krueng said:

Hi I live about 15 km south from Pattaya and in our village was a similar dog problem. There was this huge alpha male which was attacking other dogs and pedestrian which don't live here. I've spotted the place where this dog got it's food from and confronted the house owners with this problem but they don't really care and they're not the owners of the dog. I raise 7 dogs my self and my dogs are always in the yard. Only in the late evening I take a walk with my dogs. Because late evening the traffic is quiet. I spoke to my neighbors and they offered me to feed that alpha some poison. I didn't agree because I'm a buddhist and don't want to harm any creatures. But all my neighbors agreed that this dog is dangerous and shouldn't be roaming around our streets. So I build something like a snake catcher stick from pvc and a rope and caught the dog by my self. I put it in a cage and load it on my truck. I brought the dog far away to a farmers house and the people there took care about it since that day. No they didn't kill him. This dog now is protecting their property against snakes, rats and other dogs. And because miles around is nobody this dog can't hurt anyone anymore and his new owners seems to love him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When you caught this dog loaded it onto your truck and decided to relocate it and pass the problem to someone else .You say the story has a happy ending ...maybe.... but you didn't bother about that or knew the outcome when you decided to relocate the dog

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

We had a dog like that once, it also chased many people up the street on their motorbikes. One day it chased the wrong person, an off duty policeman who went into his house, got his gun and shot it.

Anyone who keeps multiple dogs is not a neighbour I want.

Well done to the cop, I love dogs, well most of them, not the small ankle snapping type, but I would gladly shoot any dog which chased after me

when I'm riding my motorbike or mountain bike, in fact I have tried to find somewhere to buy an air pistol for this purpose.

3 hours ago, Chrisdoc123 said:

I agree with the "smell fear" post. Being agressive helps. I ride my pushbike around and carry a bottle of water with a small hole in the top. When they come at me they get a stream of water. Dogs hate water. I tried a water pistol but I think the bright colours encouraged them more. With a bottle they don't know what hits the.

To do that, do you not need to get close to the dog for it too work? When I get chased by a dog, which is not often, I just pedal

faster then they can't catch me, but if I had an air pistol, I would stop and shoot it.

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Buy a pit bull and let him visit your neighbor's dog.......end of story

Then the  pit bull is the problem, as are two owned by retards in my village.

I don't think being bitten by a dog is preceded by a stand-off like 2 cowboys having a gunfight in the Wild West. They run at you (likely from behind), bite and run away before they are hit back.
[/quote

The general Thai standard there then ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

In the village where my grandparents lived, they used to have a solution to this kind of problem - something in the food for the dog, nothing painful, of course, but the dog just quietly and peacefully passed on to the happy hounding grounds in the sky.

Anything else is just cruel. The owners will just disown the dog or do nothing while  people and other dogs will get hurt and it will be soon a case of a child being killed or badly injured. Taking the dog to another location does not work. By the time a dog gets into this condition, it is usually impossible to control and train out of it.

7 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

then take a gun, but don't forget to apologize after you finished work.......

This isn't Texas, not easy to get a gun, and then the owner reports you to the police for shooting their dog, or you get payback. Try and inject a bit of common sense into your comments.

6 hours ago, Chrisdoc123 said:

Not quite sure where you got that fact from, that dogs hate water? Not my experience, my dog acts just like these:

We just had an issue with the neighbours dog attacking our dog. I chased after their dog with my big long stick in front of the owner who didnt seem to give a shit. 

The next day the wife and I rang on their bell and spoke to her. We gave her 2 dog chains and told her to chain them up before opening the gate. She said she would try. 1 of the chains is from our house and has my dogs DNA all over it. Its going to annoy the shit out of one of the dogs everytime its put on. The other chain is brand new. Hopefully the problem is solved otherwise we might have to pay the police to warn her. The 2 dogs are quite vicious. My fury friend can hold his own one on one. But not 2 on 1

Legally ? No.

Here's what I would do.

IF that dog terrorizes the neighborhood, rat poison in a meatball or on a piece of steak and throw it at the dog from a short distance. Make sure no one sees it

Edited by oldies1
spelling

19 hours ago, thaiowl said:

I ride a bike every day and always take a Dog Dazer (ultrasonic dog deterrent) and a taser I bought at the market. The noise of the taser frightens the life out of dogs (and humans).

dazer.jpg

A friend of mine got one of those... but it actually made the dogs get more angry and mad and the barking attracted more dogs to come see what the problem was... so she ended up surrounded by a huge pack of dogs chasing her on her bike!!!