Expats -- what do you eat for brekkie in Thailand (be specific!)

Jingthing

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A drink of hot water with fresh lime juice, apple cider vinegar, with honey. Helps make the body alkaline. Toast with marmalade. A few hours later banana, strawberries, honey dew melon, mango, papaya, with muesli and yoghurt.

i don't each lunch, with dinner later in the day. Occasionally two soft boiled eggs, or one fried egg with tomatoes and mushrooms and baked beans, for breakfast.

When I am in Thailand, I bring my own muesli and prepare it with local yoghurt and milk and some fruits. Muesli sold in Thailand is of low quality and only available in tourist places. When on travels, I normally eat fried or poaked eggs with toast, mostly the only thing which is available in hotels, except Thai breakfast with rice etc. which I never eat in the morning. Coffee: instant coffee from Nestle, always available in 7/11. Good quality. Locally brewed coffee is often not drinkable, to few coffee and too much sugar-milk. In some cities there are quite good bakeries, e.g. Chiang Mai, with good sweets and acceptable bread. In small towns not available.

Edited by AloisAmrein

Before I retired, I worked in Radio and did "Breakfast News," at that stage my breakfast was always Black Coffee. Six or more cups each morning.

Now retired and living in CNX I either have Quaker Oats in Plain Yogurt with chopped Banana, Pineapple or whatever fruit my wife has left in the fridge or Baked Beans on Toast.

Washed down with copious cups of Fresh Brewed Black Coffee.

Different things on different days,  always real coffee, with either pancakes, a boiled egg, toast, muesli with plain yoghurt, butter croissants from Makro and on Saturday a fry-up.

Edited by cme

Usually the first thing that comes off the bench or in the fridge, as long as there is 3 or 4 cups of coffee with it, doesn't matter what the food is. Have gotten to like very much eating rice any time of the day, a lot of times it is part of breakfast. And on the days I am feeling really naughty, a nice cold beer to start off what is bound to be an interesting day.

Full English... Start with kippers or kedgeree followed by fry up...

You know, with a mug of strong tea.

I skip lunch though, ham and cheese sarnie and a coffee if I can be bothered. Tea and cake at tea time. Dinner at seven thirty.

Why do you ask?

I thought all Brits do this.

Beer starts at eight thirty, or earlier if I do without the apple crumble...

Life is good but short, enjoy it while you can.

:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, i claudius said:

You forgot to add that you are a very svelt man of only 22 stone as wellemoji2.png
Sorry i couldnt resist

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

actualy 84kg and pretty stable since the age of around 35 not been referred to as svelt since a teenager but i will take your comment as it was intended and say thank you

Some mornings cereal

Some mornings boiled eggs

Some mornings fried duck eggs

Some mornings khao mun gai

Some mornings pad pak ruam

Some mornings tom yam ruam

Some mornings khao ka moo

Some mornings a variety of melon

I'll eat anything! If there's nothing nice in the fridge then chocolate will do!

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Sloanes make excellent sausages and can be ordered through Passion Delivery countrywide.

Black pudding is not here yet in its true sense.

I am amazed with all the pork (including blood) Thais eat that they haven't caught on to black pudding. I've tried to explain it to the GF but she has never heard of it. I am sure they would love it.

1 hour ago, MW72 said:

I am amazed with all the pork (including blood) Thais eat that they haven't caught on to black pudding. I've tried to explain it to the GF but she has never heard of it. I am sure they would love it.

I am sure I have seen it in Thai dishes. It looked steamed or boiled to me, which is perfectly acceptable. 

20 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Don't wish to hi jack the thread, but how many of you go from breakfast to evening meal without eating? I do.

Yeah , same here if I had to stay late up the day before. With late I mean until 4 or 5 in the morning!  Then I would wake up around 1 pm and I would prepare a lunch, maybe just a couple of sandwiches before it's dinner time.  Nothing wrong with that. 

My little secret is to add frozen berries into the porridge. But not just any berries. 

Sujon bags imported from New Zealand are full of the good stuff.  And no pesticides (I hope) . Their berries are famous and you can buy them in some places here in Pattaya. 

Boysenberries or blueberries. Just delicious. I also make smoothies with them .  

sujon.jpg

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I assume those NZ berries are quite pricey though.

Not as bad as you would think , around 250 baht for 500 gram.  I only eat 4-5 berries daily so you can keep it in the freezer for some time.