Tens of thousands sign petition to get 'My Mate Nate' booted out of Thailand

webfact

A lot of hate for Nate today.

i thought I saw a reply by Nate saying he was "testing" how various countries coins fared on the rail.... which would suggest a Thai coin was used

regardless, defacing any currency is a crime, but usually only in the country of origin, I think.... although some places would say any legal tender within the country

a lot of this goes back to penny clipping and coin shaving, were the value is reduced by removing the actual weight of gold or silver etc, and was even seen as treason and punishable by death.

Now... back to hating Nate... Im not suggesting death for nefarious Nate, but do believe that if he has commited a crime, then he should be charged and fined etc according with the law

that said, I also believe that he should be ordered by the court to make one last utube vid, telling his subscribers not to do dumb sh.., prior to being banned from making more dumb arsed videos, which may lead to someone else emulating him and getting hurt.

Then... move on.... there are far worse things happening daily that need prioritizing over numbnut nates antics.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, sambum said:

I see your point, but surely everyone has a choice to either "love" something (as per your 5%) or "hate" it (no figures available)

Personally, I find this type of "entertainment" about as interesting as watching paint dry, or listening to "rap" (crap without the"c") music, and I reserve my right to say so!

Maybe, but if all it takes is irritating enough people to get thrown out of the country, there's a lot of guys posting here at severe risk.

A slippery slope this is.

These comments sound like a bucnh over acting cry baby's.  He's just a dumb kid who found is niche doing stupid stuff on YouTube.  So, now they want to kick him out of Thailand for trespassing.  Come on! Maybe all this energy should be focused on real problems.   Get over yourselfs.

Just now, Diskme said:

These comments sound like a bucnh over acting cry baby's.  He's just a dumb kid who found is niche doing stupid stuff on YouTube.  So, now they want to kick him out of Thailand for trespassing.  Come on! Maybe all this energy should be focused on real problems.   Get over yourselfs.

I agree. It's so over the top. I don't care if he stays or goes. None of my business.

20 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

He has a work visa, what is that ?

"as well as a work visa under My Mate Nate Studios Ltd."

That's the answer. He has a work visa because he has setup his own company.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

the stupidity is astounding, now we have every kid in Thailand wanting to try this insanity - the outcome is obvious

probably not, as you need foreign coins !! If you take the Thai coins, you destroy the image of the king !!

And then you have other problems. Nate, just a morron, was wise enough to use foreign coins .

But hey when i was younger , a kid, we did the same with trams. So Nate is nothing more than a annoying kid 

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well i read he put FOREIGN COINS on the rails not THAI COINS   ok. so he is not exactly that stupid. 

Just a huge thing on the Thai news (10 minutes of coverage) and they showed from his video that one was in fact a 10 baht coin. So guess he is not exactly that smart after all. 

At the age of 30 something you'd think he'd have grown out of such stupid antics...  but I don't suppose his parents taught him much before he came to Thailand.. and they probably won't want him back home either!!

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

What he did do was destroy the Kings Head on the coins.

No he did not , why spread false rumors, he is not an idiot , he used foreign coins .

If he had used Thai coins he would have already been in jail .  

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

At the age of 30 something you'd think he'd have grown out of such stupid antics...  but I don't suppose his parents taught him much before he came to Thailand.. and they probably won't want him back home either!!

Mormon missionary who came here to convert Thai's to be Christian. Hardly nothing worse than that, except him himself. 

I remember when we where kids we put coins on the railway tracks , the only difference between us and my mate Nate was we where 12 yeas old. Give him the punt, also how does he stay here? Ed visa?  Seems like an adult with the mind of a small child. Maybe some attitude adjustment will do the trick. 

5 minutes ago, balo said:

No he did not , why spread false rumors, he is not an idiot , he used foreign coins .

If he had used Thai coins he would have already been in jail .  

Nope sorry. Just showed it on the Thai news that one was a 10 baht coin. 

Just now, Knee Jerk Reaction said:

Look it up.

Yes Sir!

Have done but can't see anything about "Non Thailand monarchs or regents".

Where did you get your information from so that I can look it up?

11 minutes ago, SymS said:

"as well as a work visa under My Mate Nate Studios Ltd."

That's the answer. He has a work visa because he has setup his own company.

Ok so a work visa (what ever that is) allows him to work, I thought that to work one needed a work permit.

this is the problem with current society... yes he acts like an idiot at times but instead of ignoring him we give him tons of attention...

His only real crime is posting stupid shit for people to watch his shenanigans. 

Other people do much more stupid shit and there is no outrage where is the outcry to boot them out of the country?

if he was caught placing coins on a track instead of making a video .. i guarantee 90% of people wouldn't give 2 shits or be nearly as opinionated as they are now.

2 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Ok so a work visa (what ever that is) allows him to work, I thought that to work one needed a work permit.

Good point. But that's semantic... That was they wrote in the article on khaosodenglish.
The point is he has setup a company, and should have his extension of stay and work permit all legally sorted out.

What he did do was destroy the Kings Head on the coins. It is illegal to mess with Thai money by tearing it, or burning it or stepping on it as this is a direct assault against the Thai royalty.  If they want to kick him out of put him in jail, then that is where they need to start. 

I've seen plenty of Thai Baht shoved into g-strings (and other places) at Nana and Soi Cowboy.

The cops are going to be very busy if they decide to enforce this law! ;)

1 minute ago, SymS said:

Good point. But that's semantic... That was they wrote in the article on khaosodenglish.
The point is he has setup a company, and should have his extension of stay and work permit all legally sorted out.

Would be interesting to see the work permit details that allows him to make vlogs and post them on youtube.

5 hours ago, Monkeyrobot said:

I remember when we where kids we put coins on the railway tracks , the only difference between us and my mate Nate was we where 12 yeas old.

Yup, I have that t-shirt too. I was 11 when a very severe talking-to by a train driver put me in my place. Didn't dare tell my dad ...

9 minutes ago, Echo Tango said:

I've seen plenty of Thai Baht shoved into g-strings (and other places) at Nana and Soi Cowboy.

The cops are going to be very busy if they decide to enforce this law! ;)

i even saw a gogo girl with tips affixed to her left breast and the 20 baht bill clearly showed the face of the father of all thais.