Khon Kaen: Dismemberment case suspect retains lawyer

Khon Kaen: Dismemberment case suspect retains lawyer

n5.jpeg

A female suspect in the murder and dismemberment of a karaoke-bar worker has retained a lawyer to fight her case in court.

Apiwan Satabundit has denied killing the victim, Warisara Klinjui, but admitted being present at the crime scene alongside self-confessed murderer Priyanuch Nonwangchai. 

The crime took place on May 23 in Khon Kaen province.   In the wake of the crime, police have arrested several suspects as well as Apiwan and Priyanuch.  

Of them, only Priyanuch has confessed to the killing.  Boonyong Kaewfainok, a lawyer, said on Tuesday that he had been hired by Apiwan’s family to represent her. 

“Today is my first meeting with Apiwan,” he added. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30321086

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-18

Suspect had no motive for Warisara murder, says lawyer

By Siva Loho 
The Nation

c2a98c4e912871186efdf9de50b815a9.jpeg

Apiwan Satabundit

KHON KAEN: -- A suspect in the much-publicised murder and dismemberment of a karaoke-bar worker is preparing to fight the serious charges against her.

Apiwan Satabundit is charged with pre-meditated murder, destroying the body of the victim, Warisara Klinjui, to cover up the crime, and taking the victim’s belongings. 

But Apiwan has denied killing Warisara and admitted to just being present at the crime scene alongside self-confessed murderer Priyanuch Nonwangchai.

“There was no motive for Apiwan to kill the victim,” lawyer Boonyong Kaewfainok said yesterday. 

Recruited by Apiwan’s father, Boonyong is preparing to represent Apiwan in court. 

The lawyer gave an interview after talking to Apiwan for about one hour at Khon Kaen Prison, where she has been locked up pending trial. 

“Although Apiwan is close to Priyanuch, there is still no reason for her to murder Warisara,” Boonyong said. “She didn’t even hit the victim.” 

Apiwan’s father, Somsak Sattayabundit, said his daughter had not plotted to kill Warisara and neither had she played a role in the fatal assault.

“I am not going to say that she is innocent because she was at the crime,” Somsak said. But, he added, she had no motive to commit murder.

The shocking crime took place in Khon Kaen province in May. After it became big news, Apiwan, Priyanucha and another suspect fled to Myanmar. However, they later turned themselves in.

Of the several suspects implicated in the crime, only Priyanuch has confessed to the killing. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30321130

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-19

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A female suspect in the murder and dismemberment of a karaoke-bar worker has retained a lawyer to fight her case in court.

Ingenious - there are no flies on this girl. 

Maybe know she's slowly realising the gravity of her predicament. 

what a joke, she was watching it take place, the killing and the cutting up, she ran away with them but says she did nothing wrong, these people  show just how simple minded they are with crap like this. She was a part of what happened, one may have done all the dirty work but those around her gave her the courage or goading on to do so, without them it may never have happened. They are all guilty

41 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Ingenious - there are no flies on this girl. 

Maybe know she's slowly realising the gravity of her predicament. 

Could be, or maybe she's thinking that the job of a lawyer is to 'fix it'.  i.e. employ a lawyer and it will go away, because that's what lawyers (can) do!

Edited by scorecard

14 minutes ago, seajae said:

what a joke, she was watching it take place, the killing and the cutting up, she ran away with them but says she did nothing wrong, these people  show just how simple minded they are with crap like this. She was a part of what happened, one may have done all the dirty work but those around her gave her the courage or goading on to do so, without them it may never have happened. They are all guilty

Totally agree. If she just stood and watched my daughter being murdered and cut up I would at the least expect she get's a punishment for not intervening.

Ive been been back in the UK for 3 weeks, and not really kept up with this case. Surely, from what Ive read, wouldn't she be guilty, as a before and after the fact, and also trying to pervert the course of justice? forgive me for being late in this, but Ive been busy. I am surprised this case is still banging on.I would have thought the prelims, would have been assessed and laid down by now.

Edited by Khon Kaen Dave
additional content