White House divisions on display with Scaramucci's comments

webfact

White House divisions on display with Scaramucci's comments

tag-reuters.jpg

White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci speaks during an on air interview at the White House in Washington, U.S., July 26, 2017. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The rifts inside President Donald Trump's White House were on startling display on Thursday, as his new communications director urged Trump's chief of staff to state publicly that he does not leak information to the media.

Anthony Scaramucci, a New York financier who last week became the White House communications chief, also compared his relationship with Trump's chief of staff, Reince Priebus, to a pair of brothers from the Bible, one of whom killed the other.

Scaramucci said last week he and Priebus were friends and "a little bit like brothers, where we rough each other up once in a while, which is totally normal for brothers."

On Thursday, Scaramucci said in an interview with CNN: "When I said we were brothers from the podium, that's because we're rough on each other. Some brothers are like Cain and Abel. Other brothers can fight with each other and get along. I don't know if this is repairable or not. That will be up to the president."

Scaramucci appeared to suggest in a Twitter post late on Wednesday that Priebus may have had a hand in what Scaramucci described as a "leak" of his official financial disclosure documents to the U.S. news organisation Politico.

Politico said the information was not a leak but was publicly accessible.

"When I put out a tweet and I put Reince's name in a tweet, they're all making the assumption that it's him because journalists know who the leakers are," Scaramucci told CNN on Thursday.

"So if Reince wants to explain he's not a leaker, let him do that," Scaramucci added.

Scaramucci had written earlier on Twitter: "In light of the leak of my financial disclosure info which is a felony. I will be contacting @FBI and the @TheJusticeDept #swamp @Reince45."

Scaramucci's comments illustrated an ongoing power struggle at the highest levels of Trump's staff as the Republican president faces investigations into his election campaign's connections with Russia and with Trump yet to win congressional approval for any major legislation.

Republican U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan defended Priebus after Scaramucci's comments.

"Reince is doing a fantastic job at the White House and I believe he has the president's confidence. If those two gentlemen have differences my advice would be to sit down and settle your differences," Ryan said at a news conference.

(Reporting by Will Dunham, Eric Walsh and Doina Chiacu; Editing by Bernadette Baum)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-07-28

Link to the New Yorker article. Well worth a read. 

My personal favorite line:

I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the <deleted> strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.” (Bannon declined to comment.)

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/anthony-anthony-scaramucci-called-me-to-unload-about-white-house-leakers-reince-priebus-and-steve-bannon

TH 

6 hours ago, thaihome said:

I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,”

Reminds me of the limerick:

There was a young lad of Nantucket
Whose prick was so long he could suckit 

He said, with a grin,
As he wiped off his chin,
"If my ear were a c*nt, I'd f**kit."

Edited by Thakkar

It worked on The Apprentice and it certainly seems to be working for the Trump Presidency. The Republican Senators and Congressmen don't seem to mind that the leadership of the country has been reduced to a reality tv show. This is what 21st Americans seem to want.

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

It worked on The Apprentice and it certainly seems to be working for the Trump Presidency. The Republican Senators and Congressmen don't seem to mind that the leadership of the country has been reduced to a reality tv show. This is what 21st Americans seem to want.

I'm not so sure about that. Even the  Rasmussen poll, which is designed in such a way that it tends to favor conservatives, has Trump down by 18 points. I believe that this is a record number for that particular poll.

As everyone laments the occupant of the Oval Office, no one in the US seems to have  the faintest idea about what they would do if Trump were somehow ejected out of office, whether now or in four years' time.

Just elect some handsome Democrat with clean hands???

Surely, the value of Trump is that he allows voters to see that it is not the occupant of the Oval Office who needs to be changed, but the whole bleeding system. 

Americans can't bear to look into the abyss and see precisely what is implied by radical change , how much they need to change their whole way of doing business....

As an American, I am appalled that another fool has entered the White House to join the main fool Trump. Scaramucci  is an example of America at its worst coming from a cutthroat Wall Street background; talking and acting like a mobster; and using disgusting and vile language. I have seen  guys asked to leave bars for using the type of language this man uses.

America does need to change everything about how it does business to include radical election reform. Trump lost the popular vote by almost 3 Million votes yet he is President due to an archaic election law. America needs universal healthcare; it needs a logical immigration law that provides needed foreign labor; it needs term limits on its elected representatives; it needs to stop sending its military everywhere so the defense budget can be lowered not continually hiked; it needs to empty its prisons by making marijuana legal ; and it needs to provide free college tuition  or vocations school tuition for its high school graduates. These are just a few of the things that will put America on a track to join the rest of the civilized World instead of drifting into Third World status.

Donald Trump is not only the worst President ever elected in American history he is a lousy human being with a lack of morality or any empathy for those who struggle to survive. His slogan of Make America Great Again   is absurd as he is doing the opposite. Trump is dangerous and many are concerned he would start a war so he could remain as President.  

Edited by Thaidream

55 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

As an American, I am appalled that another fool has entered the White House to join the main fool Trump. Scaramucci  is an example of America at its worst coming from a cutthroat Wall Street background; talking and acting like a mobster; and using disgusting and vile language. I have seen  guys asked to leave bars for using the type of language this man uses.

America does need to change everything about how it does business to include radical election reform. Trump lost the popular vote by almost 3 Million votes yet he is President due to an archaic election law. America needs universal healthcare; it needs a logical immigration law that provides needed foreign labor; it needs term limits on its elected representatives; it needs to stop sending its military everywhere so the defense budget can be lowered not continually hiked; it needs to empty its prisons by making marijuana legal ; and it needs to provide free college tuition  or vocations school tuition for its high school graduates. These are just a few of the things that will put America on a track to join the rest of the civilized World instead of drifting into Third World status.

Donald Trump is not only the worst President ever elected in American history he is a lousy human being with a lack of morality or any empathy for those who struggle to survive. His slogan of Make America Great Again   is absurd as he is doing the opposite. Trump is dangerous and many are concerned he would start a war so he could remain as President.  

Thaidream, we may not agree on other matters but I am with you a hundred percent on this. 

Laugh my ass off! Too Much!!

Kelly has just sacked Scaramucci !

Scaramucci out as Trump media chief

White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci is out of the job after less than 10 days in the post.

The former financier, who took the job last Friday, had drawn criticism after calling a reporter to give a profanity-laced tirade against his colleagues.

Mr Trump's chief of staff Reince Priebus and spokesman Sean Spicer both left their post over his appointment.

The decision was made by Mr Trump's new chief of staff, John Kelly, US media report. A statement is expected soon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40782299

On 7/29/2017 at 0:45 PM, blazes said:

As everyone laments the occupant of the Oval Office, no one in the US seems to have  the faintest idea about what they would do if Trump were somehow ejected out of office, whether now or in four years' time.

Just elect some handsome Democrat with clean hands???

Surely, the value of Trump is that he allows voters to see that it is not the occupant of the Oval Office who needs to be changed, but the whole bleeding system. 

Americans can't bear to look into the abyss and see precisely what is implied by radical change , how much they need to change their whole way of doing business....

Not buying your logic. Sounds an awful lot like a lame apology for the con man.