Riot police ready for Yingluck supporters

webfact

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

And for how long will they keep the country in tack ha ha?

Time for them to all retire and let some new blood onto the scenes. Old conservative men don't make peoples' leaders. Quite the opposite. 

Unfortunately they have a habit of promising not to get involved in politics after being-in-power (Sorayud), or promising to Quit Politics (Thaksin) but then failing to do so, at least Samak and the Slippery Eel have left the house.

Plenty more still to go. :wink:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

So far Suthep (not a nice person xenophobic and all) and his mates have not sought confrontation, the reds however in the past sought up and bommed shot and killed yellows. Unless you can show me some links where yellow went to red meetings to confront them. I can give you Trad, the recent shutdown of BKK where the yellows were a stationary target of the reds. I can't remember (but maybe you can) instances of the reds having a demonstration somewhere with yellows showing up and committing violence. 

I thought the popcorn killer was one of Sutheps mates.

Edited by Dave67

2 minutes ago, binjalin said:

She is heroic and tremendously calm and resilient and history will look back at this and weep. I have great respect for her and all the Thais I know are aghast at her treatment and they all wish her well against this tirade of hate from the Junta (and it seems from a few ill-informed TVF posters who really do think this is about RICE :cheesy:  ).  

so you have great respect for someone who costs the country billions in fraudulent rice schemes and held 16 bank accounts to keep it in ......

your not fussy who you hold respect for are you ... lol

the defence rests your honour ....  :coffee1:

2 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

I thought the popcorn killer was one of Sutheps mates.

Yes that idiot was one of Sutheps mates, however the reds came at the Yellows there.. the yellows were at polling stations the reds came to remove them and both started to shoot. So again.. the reds came at a stationary group of Yellows. I wan't an example where yellows go after a group of reds.  

Because that is what your describing.. I have no recollection of such an event. But you seem to have it otherwise your post would have no basis. 

Edited by robblok

Just now, steven100 said:

so you have great respect for someone who costs the country billions in fraudulent rice schemes and held 16 bank accounts to keep it in ......

your not fussy who you hold respect for are you ... lol

the defence rests your honour ....  :coffee1:

Ah you are suggesting Yingluck stole Billions?  and put it in 16 bank accounts?  really???  any proof?  or are you just making it all up again?

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes that idiot was one of Sutheps mates, however the reds came at the Yellows there.. the yellows were at polling stations the reds came to remove them and both started to shoot. So again.. the reds came at a stationary group of Yellows. I wan't an example where yellows go after a group of reds.  

Because that is what your describing.. I have no recollection of such an event. But you seem to have it otherwise your post would have no basis. 

The yellows were disrupting an election called by the election commission. Legally called but because they knew they would LOSE they caused havoc you support that? 

Edited by binjalin

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

the truth is that Thailand is alot more stable with someone in charge who can control fighting parties as has been witnessed in the past ....  quite simple really. :coffee1:

Therein lies the simple problem with a democratic society compared to a repressed mushroom one. (Personally I still buy the theory of a lone gunman with a magic bullet too).

1 minute ago, binjalin said:

The yellows were disrupting an election called by the election commission. Legally called but because they knew they would LOSE they caused havoc you support that? 

I am not supporting that I am saying that the yellows were there... and got attacked by the reds. I did not say i supported they blocked the polling stations. However it would have been up to the police or army to remove them. Not the reds, that is vigilante justice. 

But people here are saying the yellows going out to attack the reds, I am just looking for an example of that .. so far.. none.. the other way aorund there are plenty. So why make up this fantasy of yellows attacking the reds.

18 minutes ago, robblok said:

So far Suthep (not a nice person xenophobic and all) and his mates have not sought confrontation, the reds however in the past sought up and bommed shot and killed yellows. Unless you can show me some links where yellow went to red meetings to confront them. I can give you Trad, the recent shutdown of BKK where the yellows were a stationary target of the reds. I can't remember (but maybe you can) instances of the reds having a demonstration somewhere with yellows showing up and committing violence. 

The military is Suthep's mate and they have done enough violences and killings.

Caption-competition time ?  :whistling:

image.png.3f1fbbbff3c9b0240c7384d69f06bc22.png

"I'm waving to Big Brother, who Skypes that he's right behind me, hope he can see that far !"

"This is my  'Statue of Liberty'  look, but where's my flame-of-truth gone ?"

"Doing my bit, for Chiang Mai's red-rose growers !"

"Taxi !  Get Me Outta Here !" 

"Hands Up  ...  whoever thinks I wasn't negligant !"   :tongue:

Just now, Eric Loh said:

The military is Suthep's mate and they have done enough violences and killings.

So i take it that is a NO... guess we can now safely say that the yellows never attacked a red gathering so there is no need to speculate about that as it has never happened before and are no indications about it. The other way around has been done many times and even resulted in dead children.  Just wanted to make that clear.

I hope that this meeting stays non violent if it does then it bodes well for the next one. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Yes that idiot was, however the reds came at the Yellows there.. the yellows were at polling stations the reds came to remove them and both started to shoot. So again.. the reds came at a stationary group of Yellows. I wan't an example where yellows go after a group of reds.  

When he was released I read his story, he claims he was paid by yellow shirts 10 bucks a day. Heres some snippets from 2014 article I read and the link to full article

The 24-year-old said he was paid $US9 ($10) a day to act as a guard for the movement, which is backed by the Bangkok-based establishment and wants to oust Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

“The head of protest security gave me an M16 to use ... I fired 20 bullets. I used the popcorn bag to keep the bullet casings from falling to the ground,’’ Mr. Wiwat told a press conference

www.news.com.au/world/popcorn...thailand.../story-fndir2ev-1226860703516

1 minute ago, Dave67 said:

When he was released I read his story, he claims he was paid by yellow shirts 10 bucks a day. Heres some snippets from 2014 article I read and the link to full article

The 24-year-old said he was paid $US9 ($10) a day to act as a guard for the movement, which is backed by the Bangkok-based establishment and wants to oust Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

“The head of protest security gave me an M16 to use ... I fired 20 bullets. I used the popcorn bag to keep the bullet casings from falling to the ground,’’ Mr. Wiwat told a press conference

www.news.com.au/world/popcorn...thailand.../story-fndir2ev-1226860703516

I know, and the guy should be in jail, but this still is a clash between yellow stationary.. while reds moved in on them. You are claiming that we should worry about yellows coming to the courts and attacking the red supporters here. While I can never ever in history find any attacks of yellows on red where yellow attacks a stationary group and initiates the violence. The incident (that i condem) you describe here is of yellows taking up position at a polling station (to block voting and i disagree with it) to be attacked by reds seeking the confrontation. 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

I know, and the guy should be in jail, but this still is a clash between yellow stationary.. while reds moved in on them. You are claiming that we should worry about yellows coming to the courts and attacking the red supporters here. While I can never ever in history find any attacks of yellows on red where yellow attacks a stationary group and initiates the violence. The incident (that i condem) you describe here is of yellows taking up position at a polling station (to block voting and i disagree with it) to be attacked by reds seeking the confrontation. 

Yes but the yellows moved in on polling stations first before the reds countered

Just now, Dave67 said:

Yes but the yellows moved in on polling stations first before the reds countered

They were there and then got attacked by the reds, so there is no support for your theory of reds being somewhere and then getting yellows move onto them and attacking them. So i guess your post was baseless.

Now if it was the other way around.. yellows protesting.. then the chances of getting attacked were real and high, like the past has shown. Your remarks were baseless. 

34 minutes ago, binjalin said:

She is heroic and tremendously calm and resilient and history will look back at this and weep. I have great respect for her and all the Thais I know are aghast at her treatment and they all wish her well against this tirade of hate from the Junta (and it seems from a few ill-informed TVF posters who really do think this is about RICE :cheesy:  ).  

you can say that history will look back and weep but you don't know that. you can also that some are ill informed as you are so well informed that this has nothing to do with the rice scheme. doesn't make any of it true of course. anyway, so all the thais you know are aghast at her treatment you say. I'm guessing all the thais you know come from isaan.

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

you can say that history will look back and weep but you don't know that. you can also that some are ill informed as you are so well informed that this has nothing to do with the rice scheme. doesn't make any of it true of course. anyway, so all the thais you know are aghast at her treatment you say. I'm guessing all the thais you know come from isaan.

Ah so you look down on Issan people?  that's tells us a lot

In fact, and I like Issan people, most of my friends are educated Thais but I RESENT your discriminatory slur

History? we will see soon enough. The truth is the Military Junta is trying to lock-up the previous elected PM allegedly for mistakes in government, not corruption,  'mismanagement' and you think it's about rice?

Just now, binjalin said:

Ah so you look down on Issan people?  that's tells us a lot

In fact, and I like Issan people, most of my friends are educated Thais but I RESENT your discriminatory slur

History? we will see soon enough. The truth is the Military Junta is trying to lock-up the previous elected PM allegedly for mistakes in government, not corruption,  'mismanagement' and you think it's about rice?

haha. you see. you have to say I discriminate against isaan people , that says a lot about you my friend. I just mentioned isaan people as that is where a large proportion of yinglucks supporters are from. resent what you like mate. and yes, I do think this court case is about the rice. silly me

I suspect the military are simply working on the principle of "give 'em enough rope..."

Doubtless there will be an incident and the Junta will come down in an exceedingly heavy handed fashion.

They have worked hard to corner Yingluck.  This is an opportunity to dish out some pain to her supporters too.

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Have to be extremely careful of military snipers targeting key protest leaders. Those previous cases have all gone limp and silent. 

I envy your phantasy - and what about snipers from the desert like those who targeted Sae Daeng?

Edited by sweatalot

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

Kind of sounds like the result of the trial is already known doesn't it ?

Well, seeing as how up to now, she and her legal team haven't offered any explanations or defense to the actual charges, it doesn't take rocket science to guess, does it?

Sounds like the PTP/Red Shirts are predicting violence but already trying to claim "it's a mysterious third party" or a Junta false flag operation. Now how might they possibly know all that? 

1 minute ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Does being obsessed with the Shinawatras count?

You certainly seem to spend a fair bit of time supporting and defending them on here. Do you keep scrap books and turn up with flowers to support them to?

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

It's funny because I believe the red shirts have already heeded the warning.

I think the media is making a mound out of a mole hill.

They are making it out to sound like a revolution or something ....

wouldn't be the first time that they burn and bomb the place when it doesn't go their way.