Video: Now we know why! Woman motorcyclist who failed to stop on the expressway has "mental issues"

webfact

3 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

There is a image. But no video.

The video is embedded at the bottom of the post on page 1.

Let's see if I can post it here:

Derp ! My skills at embedding multi-media need improvement I see ! Meh - the link has already been reposted any ways as well as the video. 

https://www.facebook.com/tum.napattalung/videos/885623904921904/

Edited by Kerryd

2 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I see no evidence that Thai big bike drivers are any better that the small bike drivers. That's my point. 

The Thai mentality will not change just because they wear leathers and own a big bike, in fact it is very likely to be contrary.

Almost daily I see big bikes doing stupid and dangerous stuff in Bangkok.

Thais certainly don't exhibit greater skills when driving a car, which are much more expensive than small bikes, so it kinda blows your anecdotal and selfish argument out of the water.

"Daddy, I want to ride my bike on the expressway, it's not fair. IT'S NOT FAIR!"

Sure mate, you never been with groups of big bikers and seen the difference. But your entitled to your opinion. Its fun how you support the elite.  I just take my car now when needed. Would often have preferred to take the bike as its just far more handy in traffic. 

You ask me proof but you make statements you pull out of your......  anyway lets agree to disagree and be happy the rich elite agree with you. :smile:

38 minutes ago, sandemara said:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

It is illegal for motorbikes to travel on the expressway.

Isn't that a motorcycle the police officer is riding as well?

..and he has a sidearm as well. Your point is...?

5 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Its got nothing to do with bikes on the expressway of any variety and everything to do with the woman refusing to stop.

It has everything to do with bikes on the expressway, bikes are not allowed on the expressway, if she was on a normal road she would not have even been noticed and there would be no story here

Edited by sn1per

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I don't agree, I drive a 135 cc and a 650 cc... a 135 would be hopelessly under-powered on the expressway. The speeds that are used there are often far in excess of that of what a 125cc can get to comfortably.

I had a Kawasaki Boss 170cc. It topped out at 120 kph. 

It should be allowed on the expressway, though I wouldn't advise it, as you'll likely get run over by someone speeding at 180 kph.

What grinds my teeth are the idiots who drive in the fast lane, at 60 kph in a vehicle capable of doing the speed limit.

Here's my old Boss. My wife cried when I sold it. Tender-hearted lady.

201007-13-064236-1.jpg

2 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

I had a Kawasaki Boss 170cc. It topped out at 120 kph. 

It should be allowed on the expressway, though I wouldn't advise it, as you'll likely get run over by someone speeding at 180 kph.

What grinds my teeth are the idiots who drive in the fast lane, at 60 kph in a vehicle capable of doing the speed limit.

Here's my old Boss. My wife cried when I sold it. Tender-hearted lady.

201007-13-064236-1.jpg

I owned one of those too, but sold it bought a 450cc shadow.. (disaster no parts always broken), then bought a 250cc honda (nice but wanted a bit more kick), then got a 650cc Ninja. 

Now I got a scooter and that 650cc Ninja. I like them both prefer them over the car, but the fact going to Pattaya on a bike from nothern BKK would take me far too long I just take the car. But would have preferred to have a bike in Pattaya over the car.. choices choices 

11 minutes ago, sn1per said:

It has everything to do with bikes on the expressway, bikes are not allowed on the expressway, if she was on a normal road she would not have even been noticed and there would be no story here

Riding a bike down an expressway is common practice in most of the "developed" world. Granted, this was a moped with a woman who wasn't right in the head/refused to stop, as you stated.

There's also the argument that cops have bikes powerful enough to keep up w/ the traffic flow, like my 70,000 baht Kawasaki Boss could do (Not sure of what the cops ride?) Probably over-priced BMW's (nice bikes BTW).

I got pulled over on my Boss on Ratchadapisek Road, & the fairly nice cop stammered out "Must to keep bicycle in left lane"....Even though it was log jam traffic.

Utter and total idiocy w/ Thai road "rules".

8 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

They don't look very sensible or safe to me mate. 

Yes you found a few complete idiots, that much is sure.. not the guys I have seen. I never denied there will be idiots too. Those certainly were idiots. I was amazed at how little cars they encountered at first. 

5 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

They don't look very sensible or safe to me mate. 

Those are NOT "BIG Bikes". Those are Japanese crotch rockets/I want to die machines.

A "Big Bike" IMHO is a Harley or BMW or Honda Goldwing.

75221d1256528814-roadking-vs-1500-honda-

4 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Those are NOT "BIG Bikes". Those are Japanese crotch rockets/I want to die machines.

A "Big Bike" IMHO is a Harley or BMW or Honda Goldwing.

75221d1256528814-roadking-vs-1500-honda-

Don't knock the "crotch rockets".  Different strokes for different folks.  Personally, I love them.  When my wonderful wife of 17 years finally succumbed to cancer, I sold our house, sold my business, bought a brand new Ninja 650, slapped on a sleeping bag, and hit the road.  Over the next 4 years I hit every state in the Continental U.S. Good helmet, good boots, full body armor, and only needed it one time on the highway to Reno when I got surprised by a sudden desert downpour and had to lay the bike down.  No damage to me, and minimal (mostly scratched paint and broken left side mirror) to the bike.  

I have nothing against cruiser type bikes, but just not my style.  And my best friend here in Chiang Mai just bought his 2nd new Harley in 4 years.  Beautiful bike,  and he loves it, but just not my style.  I've had CBR 250's, and a CB300f, which I had to sell after only a year to help pay for my heart by-pass surgery, but now I'm looking at the new BMW G310 for sometime around January or February.  Yeah, old age (I'm 68 now) has slowed me down a bit, but 300cc to 500cc is just fine for me. 

6 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Don't knock the "crotch rockets".  Different strokes for different folks.  Personally, I love them.  When my wonderful wife of 17 years finally succumbed to cancer, I sold our house, sold my business, bought a brand new Ninja 650, slapped on a sleeping bag, and hit the road.  Over the next 4 years I hit every state in the Continental U.S. Good helmet, good boots, full body armor, and only needed it one time on the highway to Reno when I got surprised by a sudden desert downpour and had to lay the bike down.  No damage to me, and minimal (mostly scratched paint and broken left side mirror) to the bike.  

I have nothing against cruiser type bikes, but just not my style.  And my best friend here in Chiang Mai just bought his 2nd new Harley in 4 years.  Beautiful bike,  and he loves it, but just not my style.  I've had CBR 250's, and a CB300f, which I had to sell after only a year to help pay for my heart by-pass surgery, but now I'm looking at the new BMW G310 for sometime around January or February.  Yeah, old age (I'm 68 now) has slowed me down a bit, but 300cc to 500cc is just fine for me. 

I very much like a 350 CC Honda Enduro.

They'll do 90 MPH/144 kph. Quite capable of highway speeds. It has tags and lights.

Never cared for the cafe racers though.

I had a buddy who was into them. He's dead now (at 50) due to running around like an idiot with it.

I rode my Harley Dyna Glide at 110 mph/176 kph for an hour once on an open highway.

It was fun....ZERO traffic in a desert so I was the only one in danger....I had a helmet on! :stoner:

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes it really is, big bikes should be allowed on the expressway. However be prepared for many foreigners saying they should not as they don't want to share this road with anyone. 

I would have thought that it would be Thai's who dont want big motorbikes on their expressway. I asked several friends and they had no problem with Motorbikes on the tollways. But then most foreigners are used to seeing them on highways in their own country. AFAIK only Thailand,  Indonesia, Vietnam, South Korea, Pakistan and Venezuela  ban 2 wheelers outright on Expressways. China and Taiwan have local or unrepealed legislation that keeps 2 wheelers off.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't agree, I drive a 135 cc and a 650 cc... a 135 would be hopelessly under-powered on the expressway. The speeds that are used there are often far in excess of that of what a 125cc can get to comfortably.

I agree.  Logically and historically, minimum engine size should be between 150 & 250 for bikes on motorways.  125cc is nowhere near enough power to be useful on a motorway but prepare for confusion.   That is the situation in Europe and bikes are sold as motorway-approved.  BUT!!!!  We are now entering the era of electric bikes so maybe it will soon have to be engine size for petroleum/alcohol fueled bikes and HP or Kw power for electric bikes or maybe just power and not mention engine size.

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

One thing I found out for sure is that one needs to be  110% AWARE on a bike.

I had my Honda 350 Enduro back in the 1980's and rarely ever drove it on a highway.

I had 650 +++ acres back then to do as I pleased.

I tossed back a few beers one day & took off on that thing......BAD IDEA! I was 19 or so & learning life lessons.

In my invincibility I ran into a barbed wire fence.

I laid it down at the last minute & other than a few bruises & scratches I was OK.

-----------

Moral of the story, = One must have ALL his witts about himself/herself when on two wheels.

Same for 4 wheels, but two wheels is even worse.

If it has wheels & I've had 3 or more beers, I ain't touching it. DOUBLE not touching it if it's a bike.

This gal seems to have just been born as a wannabe blonde.

Good on the BIB for doing their jobs on rare occasion...Though they probably only did it because she made them "Lose Face" in front of a boss.

This was a great video to see, and glad to hear the lady does have mental issues, as she was not

wearing a helmet, and seemed to have no clue how to respond to the police when she was waved

over by him.  Glad she eventually got off the express way.

Geezer

23 hours ago, robblok said:

Which speed are you talking about?
The maximum speed on high/expressways in Thailand is 135 km/hr.
This speed can be obtained with most of the 125 cc motorbikes.
The maximum speed on the expressway to the airport is 80 km/hr.
Easy to drive at that speed with a 125 cc.

Edited by Confuscious
Grammar

2 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Which speed are you talking about?
The maximum speed on high/expressways in Thailand is 135 km/hr.
This speed can be obtained with most of the 125 cc motorbikes.
The maximum speed on the expressway to the airport is 80 km/hr.
Easy to drive at that speed with a 125 cc.

Its not all about speed.. but also about torque. I often drive on the bigger roads with my ninja 650cc.. I also own a 135 scooter... guess what feels a lot safer at the big roads and what has far better brakes and so on.