Will a UK Kodi box work in Thailand

malct

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Been advised recently that fiber is planned to come to the area at some time in the future.

When I signed up for 3BB ADSL 18/1.8 Mb in August 2016, I was advised by the senior staff in charge at the regional head office, that Fibre would be available at my location by October 2016.

The ADSL service started to perform erroneous towards the end of my 1 year contract, because they want to sell VDSL instead, so early this month I was merely forced to switch to a 30/10 Mb VDSL package.

I got told now  by the same senior staff that they have a fibre plan for my location in about 6 months

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

When I signed up for 3BB ADSL 18/1.8 Mb in August 2016, I was advised by the senior staff in charge at the regional head office, that Fibre would be available at my location by October 2016.

The ADSL service started to perform erroneous towards the end of my 1 year contract, because they want to sell VDSL instead, so early this month I was merely forced to switch to a 30/10 Mb VDSL package.

I got told now  by the same senior staff that they have a fibre plan for my location in about 6 months

Thanks for that, not holding my breath. BTW did you notice my edit.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Thanks for that, not holding my breath. BTW did you notice my edit.

Yes I noticed your edit, but the point I tried to make in my first reply is, that they offer the same service at different prices.

On the first link they offer 30/3 Mb VSL at 1200 Bht/Mth, on the other link they offer 30/10 Mb VDSL at 590 Bht/Mth, and that is also the one I signed up for recently.

My understanding is also that if there is a Dslam, they are able to offer both ADSL and VDSL, since they are basically the same.

https://www.wxc.co.nz/residential/support/information/access-types/

9 hours ago, sandyf said:

590THB/m for 50mbps download

Not seen that service advertised.

We started with 11mbps ADSL a few years ago from 3BB at 590THB/m and then they offered us an VDSL modem for 800THB and the 30/10mbps VDSL service for same 590THB/m. No need to wait for any fiber line, just uses same phone line. Even tho the service promotion was 30/10mbps it has since started displaying 50/10 whenever we do a speed test. The modem says the line is capable of 120mbps down speeds. I do notice speeds drop off to around 30mbps on last days of each month for some reason tho!

I don't bother with Kodi anymore. Great APK's out there. I choose Mobdro, UKTVNOW and Terrarium TV. None available from play store download direct from website. Go into settings and allow unknown sources. There are others but I get what I need from those.
Fine if you don't want a HD feed.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

13 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

We started with 11mbps ADSL a few years ago from 3BB at 590THB/m and then they offered us an VDSL modem for 800THB and the 30/10mbps VDSL service for same 590THB/m. No need to wait for any fiber line, just uses same phone line. Even tho the service promotion was 30/10mbps it has since started displaying 50/10 whenever we do a speed test. The modem says the line is capable of 120mbps down speeds. I do notice speeds drop off to around 30mbps on last days of each month for some reason tho!

You are fortunate to be able to go up. We are right on the end of the line and when we did try a higher service it just kept disconnecting. There is a big housing estate going up round the corner which I am hoping will initiate some better services to the area.

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I recommend getting a Minix box from the little shop in tukcom 3rd or 4th floor on the left, its preloaded but its best to have some knowledge of kodi although they will resetup for you every year for around 500 baht

1 year is an eternity in Kodi world.

If you want a functioning Kodi it should be update at least once a month, and that is the reason why so many people on here claim that Kodi is crap, while in fact it works a charm

1 year is an eternity in Kodi world.

If you want a functioning Kodi it should be update at least once a month, and that is the reason why so many people on here claim that Kodi is crap, while in fact it works a charm
Yeah a lot of addons and streams come and go quickly. A spotty youth sets up an addon a month later its gone when he gets a gf. I have some streams saved in my favourites which have been working for a couple of years.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for all your comments, I am now in Thailand and able to run Kodi on my tablet and also smartphone I am running a repo called motor replays which gives you live TV but it's buffering. I am down in Pattaya for the next F1 race, so will go to a bar and watch the race, but will be interesting to see how Kodi works when I get up into issan.