Former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra has fled Thailand for Singapore - report

webfact

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Oxx said:

She may currently be in Singapore, but I'd bet she's heading for Dubai.

...whatever happened to the condition of surrendering ones' passport when criminal charges are heard in a court..usually a standard condition requested by prosecution.

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yep, I always run off to Singapore when I feel ill.

Well arriving in Singapore after being in Thailand for 3 months is always a relieve...I'm always amazad to see Asians who think like Westerners and really improving things..

Sometimes in Thailand i start thinking i'm the only normal person on the street, i never had that feeling in Singapore :smile:

It's the best outcome for the junta; whether they engineered it or not is an open question.

They don't want Yingluck as a martyr in a Thai prison, and a focus for protest, much better she stays overseas like Thaksin and becomes marginalised.

They'll grab all her property in Thailand, which is not inconsiderable.

A bloodless victory for the junta,

no doubt questions will be asked how did she leave the country.she is gone losing some assets but big brother helped over everything that happened.anything to do with her family should be seized until they come clean who owns it.the lawyer knew what was happening he is being charged but somehow he was paid enough by the brother to do it and keep quiet.a family of fugtives,i wonder how that will go down in Thailand.knowing Thailand in some circles they will be hero,s

I find the apologists rather curious.

The billions are gone. 680 BILLION baht... gone.

The thai rice market was killed that year and much of the next. Yet to fully recover.

To try and save the rice harvest as quid pro quo for delivering the election in Issan,  

1/3 of the country was flooded, through government incompetence and arrogance.

The rice is STILL moldering away in warehouses, unsalable.

Even Minkwa,n a TRT/PPPF MP and Finance Minister for the original Rice Pledging Scheme of her brother's

publicly and repeatedly said it was an unworkable program that would be a disaster,

but it was recommenced anyway.

Farmers didn't get paid and committed suicide when their loan shark loans couldn't be paid

because Yingluck's government couldn't sell the rice or pay them otherwise.

10,000+ rice farmers started a caravan of tractors from Issan to Bangkok in protest,

till some deal was cut that sent them back. Most never got paid for the entire harvest season.

Yingluck's government Ministers lied repeatedly about G to G sales that never existed,

or went to other countries because they were 1/2 the price or less.

Yeah, I think she knew which way this was going well in advance.

Who in their right mind, junta or not, would not put her on trial as the

responsible person, who oversaw the entire debacle as Prime Minister.

It's the best outcome for the junta; whether they engineered it or not is an open question.

They don't want Yingluck as a martyr in a Thai prison, and a focus for protest, much better she stays overseas like Thaksin and becomes marginalised.

They'll grab all her property in Thailand, which is not inconsiderable.

A bloodless victory for the junta,

Today i read "they" couldn't find any assets, no property, no cars etc. So where is the victory?!?!?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, Xaos said:

Didn't they size her passport?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It would be easy enough for her brother to have her sent a Montenegrain passport and have that presented at a compliant departure gate.

Her shares in SC Assets and other companies would be seized.

There are assets, but they aren't just in her name but a network of shell corps and the like.

Though there is little doubt they have been preparing her exit strategy for years now.

Edited by animatic

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

Are you quite certain?

we need an elected government  by the people and an opposition so at the end, there is some progress by finding the right way acceptable for all Thai people, no one man show without right to assemble to discuss what the government is doing and spending the state money in submarine and others unnecessary things!!

Khon Kaen one of many lol you walk out to the pla

1 hour ago, millwall_fan said:

Which 'small airport tarmac' did you have in mind that doesn't have any promotion seeking immigration official prepared to shop someone like Yingluck. Far safer to fly from Lao.

Khon Kaen for one lol you walk out to the plane no immigration there. Guess you dont get out much

8 hours ago, Siripon said:

I agree it's what the junta wanted., either her fleeing or a suspended sentence. In jail she could try to play the Aung San card and if found not guilty the coup makers would have found it hard to justify their actions.

Out of Thailand, she will probably go back to shopping and the whole of the last 5 years will become  a blur.

bingo! :thumbsup:

i like how farangs on here think that the junta are the bad guys and yingluck the good guy.

yes they are not officially elected but do you think yingluck or thaksin were :)?

you know how many people commited suicide cause of the rice scam?

since the junta took control,crime and corruption has been reduced.

in the early days most cases connected to powerful people were swept under the rug.now its much harder.

38 minutes ago, Tharathorn said:

I like how farangs on here think that the junta are the bad guys and yingluck the good guy.

yes they are not officially elected but do you think yingluck or thaksin were :)?

Actually, I do think they were officially elected. You may complain that they bought the votes of stupid peasants with populist policies and 500 baht notes and stuffing ballot boxes or whatever the claim of the day is but you're officially living in an alternative universe if you won't admit that Tahksin and Yingluck, demonic forces though they may be,  were officially elected. Ratified by the Electoral Commission who count the votes and determine who won.

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Sincerely hope not. But apparently someone has posted she crossed into Cambodia with her son.

But, you're right, we'll never know the real machinations, deals, and positioning that's been going on. 

I was wondering what was happening about her son, Supasek and her husband Anusom.

I hope that they are both OK as neither of them seemed to be involved in this other than by the family relationship.

I just start learning about Thailand 18 months ago.  I'm sure she didn't need a passport to get out.   I assume most of the posters here are fairly well educated and worldly.   I find it intriguing how half support Yingluck and half the junta?    I'm still forming my opinion.   I do dispise censorship that I read the junta does.  But so does TV.