Ghost town

Xaos

I move around a lot. I can tell its ghost town.

Bukhao is empty.

Beach rd. Little tourists walk.

I just back from Phuket, Patong is packed.

Pattaya is really bad, from business point of view.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Wow, is it time for another "Pattaya is dead" thread already!!

Patty will  never  die ,  met both my wives  there ,  third  time lucky .555

Edited by elliss

I move around a lot. I can tell its ghost town.

Bukhao is empty.

Beach rd. Little tourists walk.

I just back from Phuket, Patong is packed.

Pattaya is really bad, from business point of view.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Wait to the control goes back to the politicians.

All those stalled building projects that were sposed to be 3 stories and ended up 6 will again progress.

Business will be flourishing.

Will be time to dig up beach road again and put the underground power above ground and more drains at the bottom of the hill.

If they got rid of the dark side, we wouldn't have all that pesky water flowing and polluting our beautiful beaches on the bright side. (a low blow). [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Everyone is out driving back and forth through the new tunnel.

Went through yesterday- quite busy- apparently people are driving down from Bangkok to gasp in awe at Thailands longest tunnel / underpass.

its certainly speeds things up.

To be totally honest- I really do not understand these Pattaya is dead threads- it is very low season. - maybe a bit lower than usual .

2 hours ago, moonseeker said:

+1, Thai business friends confirm massive! loodecline, unless you are on the Chinese train. Seems many are worried this is just the beginning...MS>

And it is just the beginning.  Give it 5, 10, 15 years and most popular tourist hot spots the world over will be dominated by Chinese visitors.

Well, it's the end of August. Summer is almost over for a lot of people. Wait a few month, especially close to New Year. There will be sh!t load of people. And somebody will open new threads complaining about Pattaya turned into chaotic sh!tty place and how quiet it used be. 

Typhoon season in Southern China, HK, Macau so plenty visitors from there just now. They don't frequent bars and gogos, but do shop till they drop. I am not talking zero dollar tourists, but independant, monied and young. You won't be seeing them on Soi Buakao any time soon.

7 hours ago, champers said:

Typhoon season in Southern China, HK, Macau so plenty visitors from there just now. They don't frequent bars and gogos, but do shop till they drop. I am not talking zero dollar tourists, but independant, monied and young. You won't be seeing them on Soi Buakao any time soon.

A tribe of them walked past the Katesiree (soi Buk) last night wondering about all the excitement created with the scousers putting Arsenal to the sword,must have thought it was an auction house  :clap2:

Low Season ... yes - very quiet , been like that for months ....

expats still here at their favorite watering holes , but those catering

to " new arrivals " are crying in their Lao Khao .

Combined with the NAVY & POLICE drive to " reduce crime " , a lot of

the "exemplary citizens" who thrive on cheating tourists are really

in panic mode .  WALKING Street - still very busy 7:00pm untul

closing, lots of traffic / walk through .... Chinese & Indian & Arabs .

LOTS of walking - but do they SPEND ??

In the meantime Cost of LIVING - going higher !!

Lots of " FOR RENT " signs , but will they lower the RENT ??

You , the smart expats will know the answer .....

IMG_4634.JPG

2 hours ago, bbpbbp said:

I wish that nobody visits again, so economy drops and starving people would be a lot nicer to all of us !

Agree that it would take catastrophe to make the people of Pattaya appreciate the people that feed them. They have become too complacent , and think that the only thing necessary to bring the sheeple back is to

destroy the beach promenade,

build a decrepit marina

build a useless car park on the only nice park in Pattaya

build a horrid big building in front of the lookout

allow traffic chaos

build lots of malls.

They need to discover that courteous service with a smile and not ripping people off works.

Unfortunately, Pattaya is a victim of it's own success. While that seems contradictory, there are contradictory social forces in this world, and one of them is bad international press. It is success that creates resentments and vulnerability. Writers and newscasters don't particularly care about Thailand, they care about selling newspapers. It was said that the famous newspaper mogul, Hearst, started the Spanish American War, simply by writing articles. It was also shoddy reporting that created public outcry that broke up Standard Oil. Thailand has done a poor job in public relations for Pattaya, and while it's long range vision as a family resort seems reasonable, the impact of a sudden change of policy has created a void in business efforts; as a result, other areas are relatively stronger. Yet the strengths of Pattaya remain intact. The government finds it necessary to document visitors to an extreme extent, monitor alcohol consumption in the public areas and in fact, is making the business environment very difficult. One thing they could do which would help the general economy is to limit building until the real estate market regains it's footing. Secondly, they could lighten up on alcohol issues to the extent that, if a person is not displaying signs of irresponsibility on the road, they are allowed to go their own way. This is what other countries do. I know Thailand has a terrible record for safety on the road, but this is basically a problem of it's own citizens, not visitors. Russians are a different matter, but the West has drunk driving laws as well, yet they do not pull everyone over for DD tests. 

3 hours ago, sitti said:

Well, it's the end of August. Summer is almost over for a lot of people.

School holidays now over for most of Europe.

Family visitors at our place just left.

A mate in Jomtien leaving on Thursday.

Well, yes it's the beginning of the lowest of low season.

Only a minority comes for the start of rainy season, wanting to get soaked.

Just checked domestic flight price for mid September on my preferred route.

990 all incl. to Suvarnabhumi. Not seen for many months.

I will help to fill the gap from mid September for a few days :biggrin:

I will also be in Phuket for three days. Breath taking price tags.

Pattaya is still cheap and that will always be a plus.