“I’m American, I do what I want”: Bizarre rant of American actor caught on camera in Big C Pattaya

rooster59

7 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Can't believe you tried to turn this into a Thai bashing post. As said earlier, in the few decades that I have lived here I can truthfully say I have never seen a Thai act in the way this person did.

Same here , never seen anything like this after 7 years here. And I do a lot of Big C shopping. Thais are just too afraid of losing face and will be the last ones to open their mouth , 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, chama said:

Foreigners should realize that they are representing the entire country they call home when they are walking around showing their butt. Most (all?) Americans would be happy to see this buffoon to be set on his butt by a quick delivery to orifice spewing all of this crap.

Yes, so should the Dou...bag that was provoking him with a petty complaint. As said before, some people should just mind their own business.

2 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

He did nothing wrong. I would have said the same thing. It was a Frenchman.

He's a scumbag and so is anyone who supports him, don't care about the 10 20 things as checkout it's the American bs that's the problem 

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

I want to see him behave like this and ' do what he want ' N. Korea, Iran,

Saudi Arabia, China and other 'fine' countries, he's a big hero acting

all shit like on the placid Thai people....

If he did this even in New York City he would get his ass beat by the other people on the line he just cut ,  probably by a few women ?

He was wrong and disrespectful.

Regardless of how many times you might have witnessed locals putting their things on the counter at the 7-eleven and sliding in front of the line as you patiently wait your turn.

Foreigners are observers of this technique and need to refrain from copying this uncivil act.  

I'm pretty sure without watching the video the guy was being comical in his I'm American rant. Just to wind up the silly film maker further. 14 items in a 10 lane checkout and kicking up a fuss like that is out of order.

The chap seems ok to me and he is not hiding like a coward he is coming out and giving as good as he got. I like his style, yes he was in the wrong lane but the customer behind him has no right to do what he did and any decent person would never have bothered.  I'd understand if it was a trolley of goods but we're talking about a few items but this guy will handle it now and tomorrow as he's a realist and he will have a laugh about it. this french man has caused something we like to call; a storm in a tea cup.

Fair play geoffrey guiliani. 

Where's this French man?

20 minutes ago, darren84310 said:

Lucky for him I wasn't there because I'm English and we like nothing more than putting <deleted> like that in their place.

"Lucky for him I wasn't there"

:cheesy:

Another "manly man" ready to "put someone in their place" for 14 items in the 10 item line.

:coffee1:

Someone posted this is a problem with many foreigners; maybe, but as an American I can tell you it's a trait among many of my countrymen, one that I dislike. Who the hell do Americans think they are!  This nut apparently is buying into the exceptionalism that US Politicians espouse regularly. It makes me sick! There should be a test before you enter a foreign country, first question ("Are you better than everyone else.") If you answer yes you not allowed in!  

My Apologies Thailand!   

You neigh sayers obviously have no idea what it takes to become a great actor.  His behaviour can all be easily attributed to what is known as "method acting".  He is probably preparing for a role as a Trumpian style character and is just getting in the mindset. 

3 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

You neigh sayers obviously have no idea what it takes to become a great actor.  His behaviour can all be easily attributed to what is known as "method acting".  He is probably preparing for a role as a Trumpian style character and is just getting in the mindset. 

No doubt. That's the ticket. He's an artist. We've all been punked. Enjoy!

14 hours ago, USPatriot said:

No one special, just a moron thinking he is a big deal, if he cut in front of me he would be o, the floor. As an American I do what I want and kicking his butt would be the first thing.

I apologise for this moron. He is a third rate actor.

A an American I do what I want.....you might at home mate....not in the big bad world. You respect the rules

According to Wikipedia he is best known for his biographies of the Beatles members John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and George Harrison, and of musician Pete Townshend.

Apparently writing about those Brits affected his attitude.   

40 minutes ago, SEEDGER said:

Someone posted this is a problem with many foreigners; maybe, but as an American I can tell you it's a trait among many of my countrymen, one that I dislike. Who the hell do Americans think they are!  This nut apparently is buying into the exceptionalism that US Politicians espouse regularly. It makes me sick! There should be a test before you enter a foreign country, first question ("Are you better than everyone else.") If you answer yes you not allowed in!  

My Apologies Thailand!   

I know what your saying but after seeing his FaceBook video I think  his banter was said in jest. He was in fact mocking the presumptive idea that Americans rule the world. Seems more of an nutty intellectual type than the America is Great crowd I know around Pattaya.