Taskbar Moved..

Dah fahrang

My Windows taskbar is normally at the bottom of the screen (I prefer it there).

Working away at speed last night, I accidentally clicked on the taskbar. Don't know exactly what I did, but it jumped from being horizontal to vertical -now down the right hand edge of the screen.

I cannot re-position it back again!

I have tried 'properties' - the taskbar is unlocked, I can drag it from a tiny strip to filling half the scrren, but there are no options about position.

I have tried Windows Help - with no help at all about re-positioning the taskbar.

Everything works fine - it is just not my normal comfortable working screen I so want to get back.

Any instructions on how to get taskbar back to horizontal?

I am running windows XP Professional SP2.

Thanks!

Right click and be sure the "Lock the taskbar" is unchecked (as you indicated). Use the left mouse button and click and hold in the middle of the task bar and drag it down to the middle bottom of the screen and release the mouse button. That should do it. I can drag it top, left, right, bottom with no problems.

Tywais - thanks!

Done it. So easy - this is what I must have accidentally done (in reverse) the other night.

More like the old screen I'm used to!

:o

I'd nearly forgotten about that "feature". Think I only tried it when XP first came out and was playing with the options. :D